There should be more restrictions on what poor people can buy with food stamps.

The average monthly SNAP benefit has increased 35% for an individual and 25% for a household in one year under Biden:

1635043231077.png

Source:

More fun SNAP statistics here:

If I'm going to be buying dinner for the poor I think I should have a say in what's acceptable to buy and what's not. I'm not saying they shouldn't be able to buy steak or anything nice, but I do think they shouldn't be able to buy a bunch of chips, soda and candy. There's an obesity epidemic in the country, particularly among the poor, and I don't want my money to make it worse. With my taxed income I want people to be buying healthy foods that help facilitate healthy lifestyles. If people are really in such rough shape that they need that kind of help they should be more than happy to just buy the things they actually need with it.
Carbs are cheap. That's why some poor people get fat.

It's why our whole country is fat.

If we are to ban high carb foods from EBT, I'd be fine with giving the poor more money so they can afford healthier food. Healthy food is expensive.

I was behind a lady using Food Stamps in the Supermarket the other day…

She was buying Steak, Lobster, Caviar, Champagne and Bon Bons
She looked at my order and laughed at me
Cool story.

You can't buy alcohol with food stamps.

Carbs are cheap. That's why some poor people get fat.

It's why our whole country is fat.

If we are to ban high carb foods from EBT, I'd be fine with giving the poor more money so they can afford healthier food. Healthy food is expensive.
healthy food is the cheapest and most can be grown at home or in small community gardens,,

in fact all federal housing should come with community gardens and one condition is they must work in them and eat from them,,

I grocery shop frequently but I'm usually not nosey enough to pay attention to what people are buying. Tell us more.

Btw, how do you know what people are paying with? You must be laser focused on what card people are using. Which is a bit weird.

The card has big letters saying SNAP. That's besides the fact when people checkout, they usually don't have separate bills to pay. The cash register will only accept SNAP's payment for allowable SNAP'S items, and I see all sorts of non SNAP items on the conveyor belt. It's really not rocket science.

The food police is a noble concept but who will enforce this? Additionally, many poor people live in neighborhoods where they don't have access to fresh fruit and veggies. They have a corner mini-mart that sells junk and fast food joints.

You can't buy fast food with food stamps.

You have yet to prove they bought anything you are describing, your hypothesis is amiss of any fact to extract from.
I created two non-profits to help my community. I know exactly what people can and cannot buy with EBT. They can definitely buy junk food.

My idea is that if you apply for any federal welfare program, you would have to get fixed first before getting one red cent. No more having kids you can't afford while on welfare.
I would wait for at least two yrs,, some people do have problems that they didnt expect and really dont want to be on it,,

its the generational stuff thats the real problem,,

It really has nothing to do with the poor, it has to do with the Agricultural Bill. It has to do with the lobbyists that push for the interests on the Ag bill, and the stake holders the profit from the Ag Bill.
Bingo. Junk food contains a shit ton of corn by-products.

Here are the ingredients for Twinkies:

INGREDIENTS: SUGAR, WATER, ENRICHED FLOUR (BLEACHED WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN, FERROUS SULFATE OR REDUCED IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, TALLOW, DEXTROSE, EGG, CONTAINS 2% OR LESS: SOYBEAN OIL, CORN STARCH, MODIFIED CORNSTARCH, HYDROGENATED TALLOW, WHEY, GLYCERIN, SALT, SODIUM ACID PYROPHOSPHATE, BAKING SODA, ENZYMES, SORBIC ACID AND POTASSIUM SORBATE (TO RETAIN FRESHNESS), COTTONSEED OIL, MONO AND DIGLYCERIDES, CELLULOSE GUM, SODIUM STEAROYL LACTYLATE, SOY LECITHIN, XANTHAN GUM, POLYSORBATE 60, MONOCALCIUM PHOSPHATE, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, YELLOW 5, RED 40.

Soda is also loaded with high fructose corn syrup.

Due process removing their right to vote because they are poor?

You are one of the most stupid individuals on this message board. You couldn't pass my 9th grade government class.
no because they are saying they cant take care of themselves and want us to do it,,

when you and your family are on welfare for generations you are not a productive human let alone a benefit to yourself or the world so shouldnt be allowed to vote for more of our stuff

Forum List

Back