There should be more restrictions on what poor people can buy with food stamps.

For those of you excited about cracking down on welfare recipients, should we apply the same logic to other issues?

Take public education. If families are going to take advantage of state charity, "free" education paid for with other people's money, shouldn't we have a say in how they raise their kids? I propose that anyone sending their kids to public schools must allow the school district to install cameras in their homes, to monitor them and make sure they're not squandering our investment.
well you are a fucking idiot,, so your idea is not surprising,,

you may want to look at what taxs pay for schools

You cannot buy hot food from the deli or prepared foods like mac n cheese, chicken or sandwiches, stuff from the salad bar or anything that is to be consumed at the premises. You can, however, buy deli meats and cheeses and cold uncooked items from the deli with your EBT card.

But there are some quirks in the system on what you can buy. For instance, you cannot buy a hot rotisserie chicken, fresh out of the rotisserie. But once they put that rotisserie chicken into the cold display case, its eligible to be purchased on food stamps. The same with, say, a sandwich.

They can also buy a cart of Hungry Jack TV dinners, Stoffers pizza, half gallons of ice cream.

I can't even follow that logic. For one, most if not all people that have kids in school also pay for those schools.
Just as I pointed out earlier about welfare recipients. Most, if not all, pay taxes into that system.
Secondly, at least in my state, most of the funding comes from the city or town. The state may kick in some, but nothing compared to what the locals pay for their schools.
Mkay. I don't see how the jurisdiction makes any difference. It's the same principle. Why should it apply to welfare recipients and not parents of children in public school?

This is correct. I see them all the time in my store. They plop a cart of food on the conveyor belt. At the end the cash register separates the food stamp items from the non-food stamp items. They pay for their SNAP's items with the card, and then whip out a wad of cash for all that dog food, cat litter, greeting cards, perfume, and then they run to the head cashier to buy lottery tickets.
Ray, why are you lying about this? You need to get forward about 20 years in your thinking. The cashiers do not separate the items. They items are automatically sorted by the register and two totals are given: one for SNAP and the other for items not eligible for SNAP. This has been the case at least since the early 2000s when both of my oldest kids were cashiers at out local major chain grocery store. The procedure makes the process more private and there is no possibility for error or fraud.

Ray, why are you lying about this? You need to get forward about 20 years in your thinking. The cashiers do not separate the items. They items are automatically sorted by the register and two totals are given: one for SNAP and the other for items not eligible for SNAP. This has been the case at least since the early 2000s when both of my oldest kids were cashiers at out local major chain grocery store. The procedure makes the process more private and there is no possibility for error or fraud.

So when I said the CASH REGISTER separates these items, you thought I meant the cashier??? :eusa_shhh:

Just as I pointed out earlier about welfare recipients. Most, if not all, pay taxes into that system.

No they do not, and it's likely they never will. As I just posted above, payroll taxes are not income taxes. Payroll taxes are more like savings accounts and pay for services you and I use all the time. Only a little more than half of our people pay actual income taxes. Those are the taxes that fund these programs outside of Social Security, SS disability, Medicare and local taxes which again, provide you with services every day.

Mkay. I don't see how the jurisdiction makes any difference. It's the same principle. Why should it apply to welfare recipients and not parents of children in public school?

Nobody here was discussing putting government cameras in every checkout at the grocery store. Apples and oranges comparison.

So when I said the CASH REGISTER separates these items, you thought I meant the cashier??? :eusa_shhh:
That's the way it was done before the UPC came into existence.

After reading this thread, with all the disinformation, outright lies, and complete unfamiliarity with the programs such as TANF, SNAP, and WIC, it seemed like a very valid point.

My apologies if that is not what you meant!

No they do not, and it's likely they never will.
Some of them do, and you know it. Some of have paid more taxes than you. How do you propose we avoid punishing these people? Should we keep some kind of taxpayer balance, so we an distinguish between the "takers" and the "makers'?
Nobody here was discussing putting government cameras in every checkout at the grocery store. Apples and oranges comparison.
I'm sorry I tried an analogy. I forgot who I was conversing with.

Maybe you should concern yourself with yourself and stop trying to tell everyone else how to live?
As long as they're living on my money, I get a say about it. Don't like it? Stop taking money from the government. Until then, STFU and do as you're told

I pay taxes. It's my money. Thanks for being honest about them being freeloaders.
Did you like my idea earlier, where you could actually track where your money goes? Then, if freeloaders ended up with it, you could personally lord it over them. But I guess that'd be kind of boring if your money just went to bridge repair or somesuch.

Did you like my idea earlier, where you could actually track where your money goes? Then, if freeloaders ended up with it, you could personally lord it over them. But I guess that'd be kind of boring if your money just went to bridge repair or somesuch.
who said anything about lording over them??

Er, well, telling them what to eat, or how to spend their money, or whatever the OP was going on about.
no,, hes/we are going on about our money being used as if they earned it,,

welfare is to get by until you can get back on your feet, not to live a life of luxury eating like a king on other peoples money,, whats even worse is the food they are buying has caused this country to have the worst case of obesity in the world,,

no,, hes/we are going on about our money being used as if they earned it,,

welfare is to get by until you can get back on your feet, not to live a life of luxury eating like a king on other peoples money,, whats even worse is the food they are buying has caused this country to have the worst case of obesity in the world,,
Clearly they haven't learned how to eat properly and it's up Team We Know Better™ to show them the way.

Clearly they haven't learned how to eat properly and it's up Team We Know Better™ to show them the way.
easier to just limit them to basic commodities and raw foods,, nothing processed or sugary drinks or candies,,

and if anyone remains on welfare for more than two yrs should be declared a ward of the state and restricted from voting,,

easier to just limit them to basic commodities and raw foods,, nothing processed or sugary drinks or candies,,

and if anyone remains on welfare for more than two yrs should be declared a ward of the state and restricted from voting,,
Wards of the state. Hell yes! We can make some bitchin' armies with the subclass. All yearning to breathe free and shit.

New Topics

Forum List

Back