There should be a maximum age for voting and running for office.

I really hope most Democrats think like the OP and make their views known as widely as possible. I also hope the Democrats continue to absolutely miss the point.

I really hope most Democrats think like the OP and make their views known as widely as possible. I also hope the Democrats continue to absolutely miss the point.

I'm not a Democrat. I think for myself and have an assortment of views that don't always line up with their partisan agenda. I get called a communist and a Trump fascist depending on which retards I'm disagreeing with that day.

You have to be 35 to run for president and 18 to vote. We all know the reason for that is because a person should have a certain amount of cognitive growth and experience before being allowed to do these things. We all also know that people start to go into serious cognitive decline as they get older. Even the ones that remain sharp are still only a shadow of their former selves.

I think it's ridiculous that most presidential candidates these days are pushing 80 years old. Many of them are also waist-deep in corruption they have been complicit in for decades. I don't think anybody above the retirement age should be able to run for office and I don't think anybody over 80 should be voting at all. These people have little or no stake in the future they're helping to shape anyway.

While I'm bitching about old people I also want to add that I think after 60-70 a person should have to regularly retake a driving test to keep their license. Far too many people are having their lives cut short by some half-blind 90 year old great grandparent high on prescription medication.
While we are at it repeal the 19th and 26th amendments. States should return to deciding the qualifications for voting.

The US population is aging rapidly, meaning there are more and more members of this demographic every day. Leave it to the Democrats to pick that as their next target. That should work out for them really great.

Offend the senior voter at your own peril. Their numbers are growing while most demographics are shrinking, and they are the most reliable voters.

You have to be 35 to run for president and 18 to vote. We all know the reason for that is because a person should have a certain amount of cognitive growth and experience before being allowed to do these things. We all also know that people start to go into serious cognitive decline as they get older. Even the ones that remain sharp are still only a shadow of their former selves.

I think it's ridiculous that most presidential candidates these days are pushing 80 years old. Many of them are also waist-deep in corruption they have been complicit in for decades. I don't think anybody above the retirement age should be able to run for office and I don't think anybody over 80 should be voting at all. These people have little or no stake in the future they're helping to shape anyway.

While I'm bitching about old people I also want to add that I think after 60-70 a person should have to regularly retake a driving test to keep their license. Far too many people are having their lives cut short by some half-blind 90 year old great grandparent high on prescription medication.

What a total crock of shit! Only SOME people experience significant cognitive decline towards the end of their life. Plus with medicine and new medical technology and other science, that is on the decline.

A much higher percentage of people in their 80s vote than those in their 20s. In face, I'm willing to bet your average 85 year old knows far more about government policy and who would be the best person to vote for than your average 25 year old.

Plus, there is no cognitive test for anyone in their 20s to be able to vote. Another thing is that young drivers, those age 16 to 24, kill far more people and cause more accidents on the road than people between the ages of 80 to 89.

10% of the U.S. Senate is older than Joe Biden and by the time Joe Biden leaves the White House in January 2029, he will be 86 years. IF anything, hopefully this will shut down BULLSHIT ideas that you express in this thread and will have less BULLSHIT ageism going forward.

RETIREMENT AGE is a made up creation from the 1930s. Its based on business thinking and science from the 1930s. This assumption that a person's active life is over at 60 or 65 is a total BULLSHIT myth that gets disproven every day. WELCOME to the 21st century where more and more people every year live and work into their 90s!

Studies show, that people who work longer and avoid retirement LIVE LONGER and remain physically and mentally healthier.

I'll tell you what we need, LAWS THAT prevent ignorant pricks from using age to remove people from work, jobs and other things. They should be fined or put in jail if proven to have engaged in any sort of age discrimination.

What kind of asshole would prevent a World War II veteran from voting?

Overall this type of thinking is a gross threat to human life and people achieving their full potential and living life to the fullest.

Its not being high on rx meds. Its just flat out lack of capability like they used to have, and more prone to accidents. And yeah...80 year olds do not need to run the country. Get someone 45 to 60.

I trust 80+ year old drivers more than those between 16 and 24. Road deaths and accidents are highest among the young!

The whole 60 to 65 retirement age is now a dumb myth based on outdated business and science from the 1930s. Retirement is a 20th century concept that is outdated. This is the 21st century and more and more people are living and working into their 90s.

Forum List

Back