There is no way people should be allowed to own "Flying Cars" they cant even keep them on the road.

Mikeoxenormous

Diamond Member
May 6, 2015
Floor E Da
Lanes blocked on I-20 WB and I-285 NB following 8-car wreck with injuries
Two lanes are shut down on I-20 WB and I-285 NB following an 8-car accident, according to Atlanta Fire Rescue.
Two individuals suffered injuries, according to officials. Their conditions and the extent of their injuries are still unknown.
Georgia State Patrol, Grady EMS, HERO and Atlanta Fire Rescue are all on scene.
So every day there is some moron in a car crashing into other people who just wanted to either get to work, or get home from work. Now imagine if you are walking along minding your own business and a flying car just takes out a couple of lanes in the air? All that flying debris falling out of the sky onto you , your neighbor and who knows who else. Keep the cars on the ground, leave the flying to the professionals.

1645837784583.png

A flying car is an airplane, and will (or at least should) be subject to the same training and licensing restrictions as an airplane.

Lanes blocked on I-20 WB and I-285 NB following 8-car wreck with injuries So every day there is some moron in a car crashing into other people who just wanted to either get to work, or get home from work. Now imagine if you are walking along minding your own business and a flying car just takes out a couple of lanes in the air? All that flying debris falling out of the sky onto you , your neighbor and who knows who else. Keep the cars on the ground, leave the flying to the professionals.
Flying cars will require an automated flying system and will likely happen soon since it is simpler to automate flying than it is to automate driving.

Flying cars will require an automated flying system and will likely happen soon since it is simpler to automate flying than it is to automate driving.
And what happens in the inevitability that any given guidance and separation system fails?

You'll then have people too fucking stupid to understand the etiquette at 4-way stops and who don't stay out of the left lane unless passing, trying to figure out airspace rules, aircraft landing patterns, and so forth.

And what happens in the inevitability that any given guidance and separation system fails?
Automated systems of any sort will never be perfect but they don't have to be to be useful. They just need to be better than manual ones. Not we don't have lots of accidents now.

You'll then have people too fucking stupid to understand the etiquette at 4-way stops and who don't stay out of the left lane unless passing, trying to figure out airspace rules, aircraft landing patterns, and so forth.
No, you'll have automated systems that take the stupid people away from the controls.l

Automated systems of any sort will never be perfect but they don't have to be to be useful. They just need to be better than manual ones. Not we don't have lots of accidents now.

No, you'll have automated systems that take the stupid people away from the controls.l
The concept is good. However, people won't be safe near everywhere.

Forum List

Back