There is no potato

I give up
Psst!!! Lighten up.......
First two posts:
Picture 1. German potato salad, not a lot of fat at all.
Picture 4. Rosemary, garlic new (baby) potatoes: Olive oil, garlic, salt, roasted.......
Two of my favorites.
:D

My real issue with potatoes is I can make servings for four, sit down and eat the entire thing...... and want more......

1393-42827-180589953024.jpg

I give up
First two posts:
Picture 4. Rosemary, garlic new (baby) potatoes: Olive oil, garlic, salt, roasted.......
Two of my favorites.

My real issue with potatoes is I can make servings for four, sit down and eat the entire thing...... and want more......

I am like that with my favorite vegetable, the hybrid peanut

Reeses_Peanut_Butter_Cups.JPG

I give up
First two posts:
Two of my favorites.

View attachment 272516
I can't even stand the smell of those, waaaaaaay tooooooooo sweeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I give up
First two posts:
Two of my favorites.

View attachment 272516
I can't even stand the smell of those, waaaaaaay tooooooooo sweeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I give up
First two posts:
Two of my favorites.

View attachment 272516

Smell usually not a turn off for me. I am very weird about texture though. For instance, I absolutely love the taste of creamed spinach but it is just too awful texture wise.

I make a variation of the Italian staple that roughly translates to "tomato potatoes".
It is very easy and a crowd pleaser for sure.
I use Italian seasoning instead of basil, add 1 onion cut into about 1" square slices.
And bake at a higher temp of 380 on a METAL pan...NOT a glass baking dish.
The onions will not char well using glass and the browned/charred onions add such flavor.

I make a variation of the Italian staple that roughly translates to "tomato potatoes".
I use Italian seasoning instead of basil, add 1 onion cut into about 1" square slices.
The onions will not char well using glass and the browned/charred onions add such flavor.
Sooooooooo, you season a cut up onion, roast it and pretend it's a tomato, potato............? :dunno:

Sooooooooo, you season a cut up onion, roast it and pretend it's a tomato, potato............? :dunno:

I got interrupted :D
I half 3-4 potatoes, depending on size lengthwise. And then slice about 1/4" slices
Cut an onion into about 1" slices
If it is tomato season I will dice up a couple tomatoes, or off season use 1 can of diced tomatoes

Put all in a bowl, add salt and pepper to liking, add about 1 TB of Italian seasoning, maybe 1/4 cup of olive oil (I don't measure often I take the oil cruet and pour some over it.
Mix it all together and pour out onto a large baking pan (NOT glass, onions won't char in glass as well)
Bake at 380 for about 30 minutes...check potatoes for doneness, onions on bottom should be charred well.

Good stuff....you'll make it again...and again

I half 3-4 potatoes, depending on size lengthwise. And then slice about 1/4" slices
If it is tomato season I will dice up a couple tomatoes, or off season use 1 can of diced tomatoes

Put all in a bowl, add salt and pepper to liking, add about 1 TB of Italian seasoning, maybe 1/4 cup of olive oil (I don't measure often I take the oil cruet and pour some over it.
Mix it all together and pour out onto a large baking pan (NOT glass, onions won't char in glass as well)
Bake at 380 for about 30 minutes...check potatoes for doneness, onions on bottom should be charred well.

Not me, not a big tomato fan, not even all that fond of little tomatoes....... :eusa_whistle:

Not me, not a big tomato fan, not even all that fond of little tomatoes....... :eusa_whistle:

Well...just sayin, neither was Bonzi until she started eating my food.
This dish is best when able to use in season garden tomatoes. And at 380 they sweeten a lot and even char a little. One thing you could do is blend the tomatoes.
I will say, I blend the tomatoes now when I make spaghetti sauce. She likes it better that way, and now so do I.

This dish is best when able to use in season garden tomatoes. And at 380 they sweeten a lot and even char a little. One thing you could do is blend the tomatoes.
I will say, I blend the tomatoes now when I make spaghetti sauce. She likes it better that way, and now so do I.
My wife doesn't like tomatoes all that much either, I make Spaghetti Bolognese, not a lot of tomato. Tomato sauces are okay in small quantities, ketchup on my hamburgers and meatloaf, BBQ sauce on almost every meat and poultry and I even prefer the salsas that have a smaller amount of tomato in them.
Oh and when I make my Bololgnese I put it over baked spaghetti squash instead of pasta noodles.

My wife doesn't like tomatoes all that much either, I make Spaghetti Bolognese, not a lot of tomato. Tomato sauces are okay in small quantities, ketchup on my hamburgers and meatloaf, BBQ sauce on almost every meat and poultry and I even prefer the salsas that have a smaller amount of tomato in them.
Oh and when I make my Bololgnese I put it over baked spaghetti squash instead of pasta noodles.
I guess I like tomatoes from growing up in Indiana. The Midwest produces the best tomatoes. It's not even close. California/Florida tomato farms are corporate can fillers, they produce the most but they do it without flavor. I remember the time Bonzi ate the first tomato here... she didn't know they even tasted like that.
I like Bolognese with 2/3 lean-lean ground beef and 1/3 ground pork. When I make Bolognese for Lasagna I add not quite one tsp. yellow mustard. Yep mustard. Try it.

Forum List

Back