There is no logic to this

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
I'm watching a Pirate game on television. The stands are empty and they are piping in crowd noise - for whose benefit is not clear. The technician controlling the crowd noise advises that they do not have a "Boo" track, but may bring one in for Ryan Braun when the Brewers come to town.

Given the Pirates' recent history, if they made the tickets $3 each, they would only fill about a third of PNC park. Every other seat, every other row. But seriously, they could provide a "safe" seat for everyone who is likely to want to purchase a ticket, and the fans would be glad of it.

That's what my church is doing, and we are all surviving...so far.

Yesterday, I visited Oglebay Park in Wheeling, and the swimming pool was packed, as were the golf courses (scores of deer, BTW). We wore masks when entering the golf clubhouse. Not a problem.

Why are the baseball teams playing to empty seats? Seriously. The fans would surely be willing to observe the distancing rules on entering and exiting the park.

It would be very easy to insure social distancing rules and virus safety at baseball games. Keep a 3 seat buffer side to side, front to back, between each sold seat.

In negotiating parlance, they are leaving a shitload of money "on the table." I just wonder why.

I'm watching a Pirate game on television. The stands are empty and they are piping in crowd noise - for whose benefit is not clear. The technician controlling the crowd noise advises that they do not have a "Boo" track, but may bring one in for Ryan Braun when the Brewers come to town.

Given the Pirates' recent history, if they made the tickets $3 each, they would only fill about a third of PNC park. Every other seat, every other row. But seriously, they could provide a "safe" seat for everyone who is likely to want to purchase a ticket, and the fans would be glad of it.

That's what my church is doing, and we are all surviving...so far.

Yesterday, I visited Oglebay Park in Wheeling, and the swimming pool was packed, as were the golf courses (scores of deer, BTW). We wore masks when entering the golf clubhouse. Not a problem.

Why are the baseball teams playing to empty seats? Seriously. The fans would surely be willing to observe the distancing rules on entering and exiting the park.
I was just getting ready to make a thread on this but you beat me to the punch.yeah it makes no sense in the world whatsoever having all those fake cut out boards of fans in seats and pumpin in crowd noise.

Seems like the owners are going out of their way desperately grasping st straws trying to convince the players there are fans in the stands it seems.man how pathetic,there will be no viewership for this World Series this year.who wants to turn on the tv and watch fake games like that,nobody.

Btw your watching the pirates,a team that even in a year with a short season making it possible for the small market teams have just as much a chance to get to the World Series as the big market teams do,even in a year like that,they are STILL shitty and you are STILL watching them? Oh my god,your are a crazy one.lol

They had this one chance to get to the NLC championship game sense 1990 and they are choking unlike other small market teams that ARE taking advantage of it in the twins,A’s,and Rockies.lol

Last edited:

Forum List

Back