There is no greater cause than helping another

Yes, yes she is.

She is an apologist for pricks.

She took what is obviously a reasonable idea (the rights of the individual) and turned it into an absurd defence for greed.

And that pernicious philosphy is what is destroying this nation right now, too.

"Helping others is appropriate as long as it is not a sacrifice and as long as it is not taken as the basis of an individual's moral worth.

My views on charity are very simple. I do not consider it a major virtue and, above all, I do not consider it a moral duty. There is nothing wrong with helping other people, if and when they are worthy of the help and you can afford to help them. I regard charity as a marginal issue. What I am fighting is the idea that charity is a moral duty and a primary virtue."

Ayn Rand, Playboy interview (March 1964)

What a great way to start the day!

Anywho - it's a holiday weekend & there are LOTS of great football games on today!

I'll probably be too distracted to even beat the kids, so it'll be a happy day for everyone in my house...

Private efforts to help those less fortunate work wonders while govt efforts fail completely.

IE your war on poverty has just encouraged more poverty hasnt it?

Seems liberals really dont want to help others themselves.

They just want to make the govt not help others in the name of more taxes

on the productive class to re-distribute to the leaching class.

All thats done is give you the economy you are seeing today.

LIAMD :cuckoo:

Private efforts to help those less fortunate work wonders while govt efforts fail completely

where is your hard evidence to prove this theory?

it is a right wing talking point devoid of any basis in fact

Yes, yes she is.

She is an apologist for pricks.

She took what is obviously a reasonable idea (the rights of the individual) and turned it into an absurd defence for greed.

And that pernicious philosphy is what is destroying this nation right now, too.

"Greed" is just a pejorative term for "self interest." It needs no defense. Self interest is the only rational behavior. For thousands of years philosophers have been devising rationalizations against self interest, but they have all failed. There simply is no logical argument that proves it's immoral to act in your self interest.

The pernicious philosophy that is destroying this nation is the philosophy of altruism. It's the philosophy that justifies parasitism and theft.

Liberals idea of helping others, is HAVING a FEDERAL Guberment stealing OTHER people's monies who WORK (take this new call for TAXING THE RICH) and giving it to those who WON'T or don't FEEL LIKE WORKING.... Then they can all CROW see we CARE more.

Happy labor day, NOW GET YOUR asses back to work so LIBERALS can HELP more.:lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back