There is No Democratic Plantation

I like to read. And COVID 19 has made it so that I have plenty of time to do so. One of the books I have read is called Republicans and the Black Vote. It's a book that tells the history of blacks and the republican party. Such is why I say there is no democratic plantation and it is why I say those saying such are racists. And that includes those with internalized racism.

For example, the republican faction responsible for freeing the slaves were called "Radical Republicans."

The Radical Republicans were a faction of American politicians within the Republican Party of the United States from around 1854 (before the American Civil War) until the end of Reconstruction in 1877. They called themselves "Radicals", with a goal of immediate, complete, permanent eradication of slavery, without compromise. They were opposed during the War by the moderate Republicans (led by U.S. President Abraham Lincoln), and by the pro-slavery and anti-Reconstruction Democratic Party as well as liberals in the Northern United States during Reconstruction. Radicals led efforts after the war to establish civil rights for former slaves and fully implement emancipation. After weaker measures in 1866 resulted in violence against former slaves in the rebel states, Radicals pushed the Fourteenth Amendment and statutory protections through Congress. They disfavored allowing ex-Confederate officers to retake political power in the Southern United States, and emphasized equality, civil rights and voting rights for the "freedmen", i.e. people who had been enslaved by state slavery laws within the United States.

During the war, Radical Republicans opposed Lincoln's initial selection of General George B. McClellan for top command of the major eastern Army of the Potomac and Lincoln's efforts in 1864 to bring seceded Southern states back into the Union as quickly and easily as possible. Lincoln later recognized McClellan's weakness and relieved him of command. The Radicals passed their own Reconstruction plan through Congress in 1864, but Lincoln vetoed it and was putting his own policies in effect as military commander-in-chief when he was assassinated in April 1865. Radicals pushed for the uncompensated abolition of slavery, while Lincoln wanted to pay slave owners who were loyal to the Union. After the war, the Radicals demanded civil rights for freed slaves, including measures ensuring suffrage. They initiated the various Reconstruction Acts as well as the Fourteenth Amendment and limited political and voting rights for ex-Confederate civil officials and military officers. They keenly fought Lincoln's successor, Andrew Johnson, a former slave owner from Tennessee who favored allowing Southern states to decide the rights and status of former slaves. After Johnson vetoed various congressional acts favoring civil rights for former slaves, they attempted to remove him from office through impeachment, which failed by one vote in 1868.

The Radicals were never formally organized and there was movement in and out of the group. Their most successful and systematic leader was Pennsylvania Congressman Thaddeus Stevens in the House of Representatives. The Democrats were strongly opposed to the Radicals, but they were generally a weak minority in politics until they took control of the House in the 1874 congressional elections. The moderate and conservative Republican factions usually opposed the Radicals, but they were not well organized. Lincoln tried to build a multi-faction coalition, including radicals, conservatives, moderates and War Democrats as while he was often opposed by the Radicals, he never ostracized them. Andrew Johnson was thought to be a Radical when he became President in 1865, but he soon became their leading opponent. However, Johnson was so inept as a politician he was unable to form a cohesive support network. Finally in 1872, the Liberal Republicans, who wanted a return to classical republicanism,[7] ran a presidential campaign and won the support of the Democratic Party for their ticket. They argued that Grant and the Radicals were corrupt and had imposed Reconstruction far too long on the South.

After the 1860 elections, moderate Republicans dominated the Congress. Radical Republicans were often critical of Lincoln, who they believed was too slow in freeing slaves and supporting their legal equality.

End of Reconstruction

The so-called "Liberal Republicans" (more conservative than the Radicals), along with Democrats, argued in 1872 that the Radical Republicans were corrupt and accepted bribes (notably since 1869, during the Grant administration). These opponents of the Radicals demanded amnesty for all ex-Confederates, thus restoring their right to vote and hold public office.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radical_Republicans

So you see, this is where the dishonesty begins in the right wing gaslighting campaign. There were at least 3 competing factions in the republican party at that time. Moderates, Conservatives and Radicals. Radicals were equivalent to the Bernie Sanders liberals. Frederick Douglass was a Radical Republican. This is part of the history republicans on the right won't tell black people. It is safe to say that no one in the current republican party matches the radical republican faction of the party who freed us.

Here is a person who escaped the far left democratic power machine.

Modern Republicans in a dishonest revision of history, have tried using the liberal beliefs of the original republican party to make claims to black people. For example they will use black republicans from the past to gaslight blacks to claim that the current republican party is the right choice for blacks. Meanwhile they use the past conservatism of the democratic party to claim that blacks today are being fooled by the democrats. That we are being tricked or given free stuff which creates a dependency that keeps blacks voting democrat against their best interest and that our interest would be better served if we joined the republican party. They use black historical figures as props.

View attachment 391982

But there is one problem with this. Here are some words from Frederick Douglass:

“What to the American slave is your Fourth of July? I answer, a day that reveals to him more than all other days of the year, the gross injustice and cruelty to which he is the constant victim. To him your celebration is a sham; your boasted liberty an unholy license; your national greatness, swelling vanity; your sounds of rejoicing are empty and heartless; your shouts of liberty and equality, hollow mock; your prayers and hymns, your sermons and thanksgivings, with all your religious parade and solemnity, are to him mere bombast, fraud, deception, impiety, and hypocrisy - a thin veil to cover up crimes which would disgrace a nation of savages. There is not a nation of the earth guilty of practices more shocking and bloody than are the people of these United States at this very hour.”

You can't name one black republican today who would stand before the nation on the Fourth of July questioning and denouncing Americas continuing problem with race. Why? Because opposition to racism has always been a liberal ideal. Frederick Douglass was a progressive and not a conservative.

White conservatives have always opposed racial equality and have always advanced blacks who did not challenge white supremacy. Still today white conservatives love B.T. Washington. Why?

“There is another class of colored people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. ... Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs ... There is a certain class of race-problem solvers who don’t want the patient to get well.”

This is the dumbest opinion of all time. Washington made this comment in 1911, now let's think about what was going on in those times to understand the stupidity of this statement. But whites loved it because Washington was blaming blacks for the problems created by a legalized system of racial oppression. Today this stupidity manifests itself in Larry Elders, Thomas Sowell, Walter Williams, Jessie Peterson, Ben Carson, Nora Wheatley, Starr Parker or Candice Owens.

This is not about opposition to sucessful blacks, because Oprah Winfrey is more successful than all the people in the prior paragraph combined and she is loved and admired. Barack Obama accomplished what no other black in the history of western civilization has and he is loved and admired. So it is apparent why right wing, anti black, white racism validating blacks are despised and it has nothing to do with success or free shit from democrats.

" The plantation metaphor relies on the misperception that most black Americans are living in poverty. This assumption is demonstrably false; the majority of black Americans are not living in crime-ridden communities or suffering from poverty. But there is a reason why this belief exists. Many Americans might know that the majority of blacks are not poor, but the media constantly bombards the public with images of poor black men and women living on the government’s largesse.

In 2016 22% of blacks fell below the poverty line. That’s a troubling statistic given the fact that about 8.8% of whites were living in poverty. However, the fact remains that the rest of black America is not destitute. While black Americans make up a disproportionate percentage of people using welfare programs, the majority are still not reliant on government assistance and for this reason, the slavery metaphor does not work."

Earlier I quoted Booker T. Washington. Some whites love using his words to counter arguments made by blacks today regarding continuing white racism. To reflect our modern reality, I have modified Washington’s comments.

“There is another class of white people who make a business of keeping the advantages of whites maintained by gaslighting the public into a belief that white racism is now an illusion and that it is whites who face anti white racism. ... Some of these people do not want whites to lose preference, because they do not want to lose their jobs ... There is a certain class of white race-"problem solvers" who don’t want America to get well.”

There is no democratic plantation. We were republicans for 100 years. The party failed us. The following statement pretty much sums it up relative to blacks and our experiences with the major political parties. This is a comment from a man who saw the beginning of the first civil rights movement. A man who saw his parents spit on by whites during the days of Jim Crow.

I don’t say that to take sides with democrats, because I'm old enough and have seen MORE than enough to know that NEITHER political party is truly and collectively concerned about the well being of the black citizens of this country. It was no badge of honor to abolish slavery, or pass the civil rights act, the voting act or to even sign affirmative action into law.

Those were the most basic of human rights as well as rights of a tax paying citizen to be treated equally and fairly, so there is ZERO gratitude owed to either party for those so called "historical moments".

The racist history of the Democratic party is well documented. I will not be writing about the 1860 Democratic Party. I find is sad and pathetic that when we bring our grievance to the table, “conservatives” provide lectures to us on how long ago slavery was. Yet as they pander to get blacks to join the modern republican party, we must remember that it was the democrats who were pro slavery. But as I look back over the years since I cast my first ballot (1980), I see a republican party that holds the same ideology as the 1860 Democrats. This ideology comes complete with a wish to secede, defense of the confederacy and some have gone so far as to wish for or openly discuss the idea of a civil war.
You have absolutely zero knowledge of what you are talking about . Matter of fact it is more laughable than anything else. Thanks for the laugh. You should submit it to 'Joke of the Day' I'm sure it would win. Ya just can't debate stupid. Let's pretend you can distinguish between reality and make believe so I won't think this will be a total waste of my time. The democRats fought against every equal rights bill. Your party even voted against anti-lynching laws showing just how sick this party has always been. Try pulling your head out cause the lack of oxygen is killing your brain cell. To think they let ones as you vote shows this country don't have much time left. Lets just hope one day near the end you have a brain fart and realize just how much you fucked up.

Why was this beat-up ol' thread resurrected?

But, if one must dredge-up old squabbles...

I disagree.

There are, indeed, modern-day Democratic Plantations.

They're called Urban Ghettos.

They ruin beautiful American cities, drive respectable, productive and tax-paying White Folk out to the Burbs and beyond, and spread like a cancer.

The Great Migration was actually the last chapter in the American Civil War... as the South flushed a huge chunk of its Black population to Northern cities.

Neanderthal Hood Ratsw taking over Northern cities... in light of that Great MIgration... turns out that The South won after all... who would'a thunk it?

I wonder... if we do a Reversal at Appomattox... I wonder if they'd take 'em back? :abgg2q.jpg:

Modern Republicans in a dishonest revision of history, have tried using the liberal beliefs of the original republican party to make claims to black people. For example they will use black republicans from the past to gaslight blacks to claim that the current republican party is the right choice for blacks. Meanwhile they use the past conservatism of the democratic party to claim that blacks today are being fooled by the democrats. That we are being tricked or given free stuff which creates a dependency that keeps blacks voting democrat against their best interest and that our interest would be better served if we joined the republican party. They use black historical figures as props.

View attachment 391982

But there is one problem with this. Here are some words from Frederick Douglass:

“What to the American slave is your Fourth of July? I answer, a day that reveals to him more than all other days of the year, the gross injustice and cruelty to which he is the constant victim. To him your celebration is a sham; your boasted liberty an unholy license; your national greatness, swelling vanity; your sounds of rejoicing are empty and heartless; your shouts of liberty and equality, hollow mock; your prayers and hymns, your sermons and thanksgivings, with all your religious parade and solemnity, are to him mere bombast, fraud, deception, impiety, and hypocrisy - a thin veil to cover up crimes which would disgrace a nation of savages. There is not a nation of the earth guilty of practices more shocking and bloody than are the people of these United States at this very hour.”

You can't name one black republican today who would stand before the nation on the Fourth of July questioning and denouncing Americas continuing problem with race. Why? Because opposition to racism has always been a liberal ideal. Frederick Douglass was a progressive and not a conservative.

White conservatives have always opposed racial equality and have always advanced blacks who did not challenge white supremacy. Still today white conservatives love B.T. Washington. Why?

“There is another class of colored people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. ... Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs ... There is a certain class of race-problem solvers who don’t want the patient to get well.”

This is the dumbest opinion of all time. Washington made this comment in 1911, now let's think about what was going on in those times to understand the stupidity of this statement. But whites loved it because Washington was blaming blacks for the problems created by a legalized system of racial oppression. Today this stupidity manifests itself in Larry Elders, Thomas Sowell, Walter Williams, Jessie Peterson, Ben Carson, Nora Wheatley, Starr Parker or Candice Owens.

This is not about opposition to sucessful blacks, because Oprah Winfrey is more successful than all the people in the prior paragraph combined and she is loved and admired. Barack Obama accomplished what no other black in the history of western civilization has and he is loved and admired. So it is apparent why right wing, anti black, white racism validating blacks are despised and it has nothing to do with success or free shit from democrats.

" The plantation metaphor relies on the misperception that most black Americans are living in poverty. This assumption is demonstrably false; the majority of black Americans are not living in crime-ridden communities or suffering from poverty. But there is a reason why this belief exists. Many Americans might know that the majority of blacks are not poor, but the media constantly bombards the public with images of poor black men and women living on the government’s largesse.

In 2016 22% of blacks fell below the poverty line. That’s a troubling statistic given the fact that about 8.8% of whites were living in poverty. However, the fact remains that the rest of black America is not destitute. While black Americans make up a disproportionate percentage of people using welfare programs, the majority are still not reliant on government assistance and for this reason, the slavery metaphor does not work."

Earlier I quoted Booker T. Washington. Some whites love using his words to counter arguments made by blacks today regarding continuing white racism. To reflect our modern reality, I have modified Washington’s comments.

“There is another class of white people who make a business of keeping the advantages of whites maintained by gaslighting the public into a belief that white racism is now an illusion and that it is whites who face anti white racism. ... Some of these people do not want whites to lose preference, because they do not want to lose their jobs ... There is a certain class of white race-"problem solvers" who don’t want America to get well.”

There is no democratic plantation. We were republicans for 100 years. The party failed us. The following statement pretty much sums it up relative to blacks and our experiences with the major political parties. This is a comment from a man who saw the beginning of the first civil rights movement. A man who saw his parents spit on by whites during the days of Jim Crow.

I don’t say that to take sides with democrats, because I'm old enough and have seen MORE than enough to know that NEITHER political party is truly and collectively concerned about the well being of the black citizens of this country. It was no badge of honor to abolish slavery, or pass the civil rights act, the voting act or to even sign affirmative action into law.

Those were the most basic of human rights as well as rights of a tax paying citizen to be treated equally and fairly, so there is ZERO gratitude owed to either party for those so called "historical moments".

The racist history of the Democratic party is well documented. I will not be writing about the 1860 Democratic Party. I find is sad and pathetic that when we bring our grievance to the table, “conservatives” provide lectures to us on how long ago slavery was. Yet as they pander to get blacks to join the modern republican party, we must remember that it was the democrats who were pro slavery. But as I look back over the years since I cast my first ballot (1980), I see a republican party that holds the same ideology as the 1860 Democrats. This ideology comes complete with a wish to secede, defense of the confederacy and some have gone so far as to wish for or openly discuss the idea of a civil war.
Well said and thank you

The left continues to hold black citizens in bondage as they continually placate and buy their votes through never ending social engineering and trinkets out of the treasury. Its repulsive but here they are, following up to their past of slavery and segregation and continuing on with their same twisted ideology while desperately projecting and whitewashing history. Its beyond appalling.

Proof they are a plantation.

The democRats fought against every equal rights bill.
Contrary to known reality. Southern Democrats and Southern Republicans fought to block the coalition of Northern Democrats and Northern Republican when they passed the Civil Right Bill in 1964. It was the Civil War Part II. The South lost, again.

View attachment 391982

You'd think you'd run out of bullshit sometime!

sjamnzmzmmsjzmzjkzks.jpg

View attachment 391982

Non-thinking lemmings like you is exactly why the Dimwinger Plantation thrives. You don't even know they own you.

Forum List

Back