There Bill Clinton goes again

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
Former President Bill Clinton last week inadvertently demonstrated Karl Marx's shrewd observation, "History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce." The historical event in question is the attempt to deter by smearing a broad-based, popular, American anti-high-tax, anti-big-central government movement as likely to induce seditious violence against the government.

The historic example of this calumny was Alexander Hamilton's slander against Thomas Jefferson and James Madison's emerging Republican/Democratic Party. The first repetition, as tragedy, was Bill Clinton's attack on the Republican Contract With America rhetoric following the Oklahoma bombing in 1995 - which resulted in deflecting the upward progress of conservatism from the summer of 1995 onward.

The second repetition - this time as farce - occurred last week as, once again, Mr. Clinton went back to his once-trusty playbook and implied that this time, the Tea Party rhetoric might result in political violence.

By coincidence, I have found myself involved in both of Mr. Clinton's attempted repetitions. As Newt Gingrich's press secretary in 1995, I received the calls of reporters asking me to respond to Clinton White House-generated accusations that our Contract with America rhetoric had caused Timothy McVeigh to bomb the Oklahoma City government building. As preposterous as the charge was - advocating constitutional, limited government is inherently nonseditious, nor did we ever call for violence of any sort - the charge had its intended effect and put Mr. Clinton back in the political driver's seat in Washington after the drubbing he took the previous November.

EDITED- to a few paragraphs per copyright policy of USMB

Care

More here: BLANKLEY: There Bill Clinton goes again - Washington Times

So history comes full circle and now the party that resulted from a backlash of this kind of slander falls prey to using the same kind of smear tactic.

Bill Clinton has been using this tactic since the OK City bombing.

But we have had a year of the tea party and the only violence has come from the left. Whether it's beating up black men handing out "don't tread on me" flags or the disputed beating of a couple two weeks ago (still debate on whether it was political or not).

The point is, there has been NO violence from the tea party nor will there be. It's not about violence. It's about beliving in the Constitutional political process to return this country to it's Constitutional limits.

They see the Obama government as an out of control attempt to do away with the Constitutional limits on government and they want to put a stop to it.

The fact that all the left can answer with is smears, is solid evidence of on which side the truth lies.

The side with the truth doesn't need smears, and obviously that's all Obama's side has.

Full Transcript of NBC Dateline report on Juanita Broaddrick (plus fax to Hillary asking for help)

Full Transcript of NBC Dateline report on Juanita Broaddrick

She became known as Jane Doe Number 5. Her story was well known to independent counsel Ken Starr, to House impeachment managers, to Washington insiders and Capitol Hill reporters. A month ago, she gave an interview to NBC News correspondent Lisa Myers. Since then NBC News has been carefully investigating this story — combing through state records, court documents and newspapers, cross-checking dates and events, talking to more than 80 people, and repeatedly requesting information from the White House.

LAST WEEK, as NBC News continued its investigation, Jane Doe Number 5 went public with her extraordinary allegation — that she was sexually assaulted by Bill Clinton 21 years ago. To some this is an old and unprovable accusation that should never have been circulated to begin with. To others it’s a story that must be told. Is she to be believed? Or is Jane Doe Number 5 the latest weapon in a relentless political war against Bill Clinton?

Juanita Broaddrick: “It’s important to me to tell what happened. I don’t know how people are going to take this. I don’t know what they’re going to think after all these years and months why I’ve come forward.”

you have broken the copyright rules!

KEEP ARTICLES POSTED TO A FEW PARAGRAPHS THEN PROVIDE A LINK.

Care

Here is another Bill Clinton victim of him being a sexual predator.

Sex Assault Accuser Lobs Fresh Charges At Clinton Duo - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum - FOXNews.com

"One of the other reasons that I wrote the book is that ... I would hope that women especially would read this story because statistics show that one in three women today have to deal with sexual harassment and that's way too many women in this world today in the year 2007," Willey told FOX News on Thursday.

"I'm speaking for women out there who were afraid to come and talk and speak up," Willey said.

In a broad array of charges, Willey's latest claim is that someone tried over Labor Day to steal from her house the manuscript for her new book, "Target: Caught in the Crosshairs of Bill and Hillary Clinton."

In the book, she rehashes several charges first made at the end of the Clinton administration — including that her cat Bullseye went missing and on the day she was supposed to testify for another Clinton accuser, Paula Jones, a would-be jogger approached her and cryptically suggested that Bullseye was dead. Jones, who sued the president for sexual harassment, received an out of court settlement from Clinton for $875,000 in 1998. In the settlement, he never admitted to any improprieties.

edited: FOR BREAKING COPYRIGHT POLICY

Care

Its pretty obvious to me that the Tea Party movement has the Dems concerned.

What better way to try marginalize them than by calling them racist, violent and to try to link McVeighs actions and the actions of the Tea Party movement.

Smart move on their part.

Peronally I think its a bunch of hooey.

Of course the LSM will run with that bs all day long.

Time will tell if this strategy works out for Barry Boy and the Dems though. LOL

History repeteing itself.

They wont stop this string of lies until we have another Murrah building

For a guy who is lucky to not be in prison for rape and sexual assault he is a pretty big mouth.

:thup: I can't believe people still listen to him. There are actual people - women included - who still admire this guy. I guess there will always be nutbars who will listen to snake oil salesmen until the end of time.

There is no reason to believe the woman was raped if she refused to go to the police when she had the REAL evidence that could proove the crime.

Hell she could of at least gone to a Dr and saved the evidence of the crime.

Lets remember that to be convicted of a crime there needs to be evidence beyond he said she said.

There is no reason to believe the woman was raped if she refused to go to the police when she had the REAL evidence that could proove the crime.

Hell she could of at least gone to a Dr and saved the evidence of the crime.

Lets remember that to be convicted of a crime there needs to be evidence beyond he said she said.

But, you believe that a Tea Party member called someone the "n" word with no proof whatsoever. Good to know that you don't even believe your own drivel.

Rick

Forum List

Back