Theory craft: Let's develop a new voting system, post your own system.

1) Get rid of the Electoral College
2) Get rid of Gerrymandering
3) Require all candidates to win 50%+1 or there is a runoff election
4) Shorten the campaign time to only a few weeks. No reason for this process to drag on for two years.

Sounds like a massively complex system... Kind of like Poll taxes and literacy tests designed to keep poor people of color from voting.

Exactly how is anyone trying to keep "poor people of color" from voting?

That's nonsensical bullshit...

1. No early voting. You vote on Election Day. That's why it's called "Election Day".

2. Only members of the military and members of the foreign service (and I guess certain astronauts) may vote via absentee ballot. Everyone else will be required to vote in person.

3. Absentee ballots received after 11:59pm on Election Day will not be counted. It's not like this is some sort of surprise. You have lead time.

4. Anyone wishing to vote in person must produce a government issued ID card (driver license, passport, etc) with photograph and signature at their polling place.

5. Polls open at 12:01am on Election Day and close at midnight.

6. Final vote counts will be tallied by 11:59pm on the day following Election Day.

7. The Electoral College remains.

Exactly how is anyone trying to keep "poor people of color" from voting?

That's nonsensical bullshit...

Naw, these voter roll purges, which happen to impact minority communities, that's just a coincidence, buddy.

Funny after how they got rid of Scott Walker and Snyder, black folks got to vote again and those states turned blue.

1. No early voting. You vote on Election Day. That's why it's called "Election Day".

2. Only members of the military and members of the foreign service (and I guess certain astronauts) may vote via absentee ballot. Everyone else will be required to vote in person.

3. Absentee ballots received after 11:59pm on Election Day will not be counted. It's not like this is some sort of surprise. You have lead time.

4. Anyone wishing to vote in person must produce a government issued ID card (driver license, passport, etc) with photograph and signature at their polling place.

5. Polls open at 12:01am on Election Day and close at midnight.

6. Final vote counts will be tallied by 11:59pm on the day following Election Day.

7. The Electoral College remains.

If you guys put as much effort into winning the minority vote as you do schemes to keep them from voting, you might actually win an honest election once in a while.

State or Fed Picture ID ONLY
People have to be drawn and quartered to vote, don't they? Signature isn't good enough? Picture ID, "drawing" by a courtroom artist in the days of horse-drawn carriages, lists your "quarters" or lawful residence where you are permitted to sleep at night.

Taxpayers to start. With the endless loopholes eliminated to prove taxes are being paid.

In 2020 thousands of Americans went through the process and legally registered to run for president. . only two were put on the ballot

I would make a government website with all legally registered candidates on it and a searchable database of their playforms such as you could search for universal healthcare. Then military spending. Etc narrowing down each candidate untill you found one or ywo you liked
All would be available for a vote and every legal U S citizen got one vote for the candidate of their choice.. Total of all votes is elected.
Second there should always be a bollot checkbox for "none of the above" on any election ballot. So the opi ion of the voters can be accuratly expressed.
Third. The press would be regulated away from media manipulation before the vote.
Forth. All registered voters would be subjected to tje same backgroumd check for any prior criminal charges and correct registration
Fifth. I would instill voting by taxes where on your yearly taxform you could itemize where you choose your taxes to be spent on by percentages to total 100 percent

My system:

Rule #1: In person voting only.
Rule #2: 10 years of established residence in district you're voting in.
Rule #3: All voters are allowed by be armed.
Rule #4: All proceedings in the following steps are on taped LIVE and publicly viewable on the web at all times.

Step 1: Every 100 voters, in line, forms a slate.

Step 2: Every voter receives a ballot with a unique serial number, with a tear off containing a replica of the serial number, and a slate number written in by the election worker.

Step 3: All ballots in the slate are placed individually on a projector by a certified election worker, with the presence of both major party observers.

Step 4: The election worker reads off the ballot, and the tally is added manually on a physical chalkboard in public view. If any individual objects and claims they are being counted wrong, that possibly armed citizen will voice their objection and the tally will be adjusted (after the claim is matched against their serial number).

Step 5: After all 100 ballots are tallied, they then added together and transferred to a public viewable whiteboard, with a Slate identifier.

Step 6: After all voting is done, the slates are added together in public view on the white board, with a final total for the precinct.

Step 7: The results are then transmitted on a public frequency, to the district Recorder. The Recorder announces on live tv/air their received count from the precinct.

Step 8: The District Recorder then, on live recording/media, transmits to the State Recorder, who confirms the received count in public also on live record/media.

Step 9: The State Recorder tallies all Districts in public view and announces final statewide count in public view.

That's all comrade?

How about every American has a right to vote period. In person, or by mail. Voting starts in January of the year of the election, the votes are counted the minute they are received, no waiting. The Post Office has priority delivery of ballots over all other sorted mail, and extra boxes and sorting machines are available for use, and in person polling places are every bank, post office, Walmart, 7-11, courthouse, school, and church, with a paper receipt of the vote cast.

With criminal penalties of any state official, elected official, including governors, and state legislators, that interfere, or in any way try to slow down, or tamper with a citizens vote, of up to 30 years in prison.

I think the main problem with all these ideas is that they're all national in nature ... whereas the Constitution says each State has the right to conduct elections as they see fit ...

Only the President is common on all ballots ... everything else we vote on is strictly state level ... I'm not sure we want Virginia telling Montana how to run their elections ... if you think there's cheating going on in your State, deal with it, fix it, that's your problem and no one else's ...

Do we need a photo Free Speech ID? ... do we need a photo ID to tell troops they can't spend the night in our homes ... I left my unreasonable search and seizure photo ID at home, can police take my car now? ...

Ha ha ha ... a photo ID for owning a gun ... that's rich ...

As a liberal, I think the solution is smaller government ... which would make elections less important ... decisions shouldn't be made in Washington DC or your State Capitol ... perhaps even by your local Board of County Commissioners ...

In the land of the free, home of the brave ... we don't need no stinking government telling us what to do ... it's for us to tell government what they should do ...

1) Get rid of the Electoral College
2) Get rid of Gerrymandering
3) Require all candidates to win 50%+1 or there is a runoff election
4) Shorten the campaign time to only a few weeks. No reason for this process to drag on for two years.
I like all ideas. Good job all good ideas now how do campaigns run better? I would like to know more about the candidates than a thirty second commercial. It would be good to have better info on them.

Seems like our current system works fine when everyone is paying attention. To develop something better first you would have to honestly say which of two options you are trying to accomplish. Are you trying to increase turnout or suppress it?
Increasing or supressing vote counts are results. They should not be goals. We should be concerned about having fair and accurate elections, period. That's where everyone's legal vote counts and all illegal votes are denied. It would be easy to do without Democrat obstruction.
Until the right makes some sort of case that fraud is a problem that influences the outcome of any race it's all just solutions to a problem that does not exist that coincidentally make it harder for certain groups in certain places to vote.
That's crazy. Just because a problem hasn't been uncovered doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Democrats have been saying there is no voter fraud for decades but now that it's been proven that there is, they're saying it's only a small amount and that is acceptable. Bullshit. We should try to make our elections 100% fair and accurate or we risk losing the faith in our elections. No irregularities are acceptable when it comes to our elections. None
Risk losing faith? That's a done deal. I have absolutely no faith in our elections, our representatives, governors or media. This nation is kaput. The chinese have taken it over without firing a shot and people are on this board in the mistaken belief that all is not lost. I mourn for my progeny for they will never know the country that has brought peace and prosperity to so many.

I think the main problem with all these ideas is that they're all national in nature ... whereas the Constitution says each State has the right to conduct elections as they see fit ...

Only the President is common on all ballots ... everything else we vote on is strictly state level ... I'm not sure we want Virginia telling Montana how to run their elections ... if you think there's cheating going on in your State, deal with it, fix it, that's your problem and no one else's ...

Do we need a photo Free Speech ID? ... do we need a photo ID to tell troops they can't spend the night in our homes ... I left my unreasonable search and seizure photo ID at home, can police take my car now? ...

Ha ha ha ... a photo ID for owning a gun ... that's rich ...

As a liberal, I think the solution is smaller government ... which would make elections less important ... decisions shouldn't be made in Washington DC or your State Capitol ... perhaps even by your local Board of County Commissioners ...

In the land of the free, home of the brave ... we don't need no stinking government telling us what to do ... it's for us to tell government what they should do ...
Sorry dude, liberal is a misnomer for you. Your post puts you squarely in the conservative camp.

Forum List

Back