Theodore Roosevelt Delivered Speech.....While Shot!!

1912, Teddy leaving a hotel to give a speech. Gets shot by a crazy man. Bullet enters his rib cage. He goes on to give an 84 minute speech while bleeding from the wound. Amazing!

"US President Theodore Roosevelt once delivered an 84-minute speech after getting shot in the chest."

Link....theodore roosevelt shot, delivers speech - Google Search
He was in a hot three way presidential race. Maybe DeBlasio can take a bullet.

From that speech:

"In the first place, speaking to you here in Milwaukee, I wish to say that the Progressive party is making its appeals to all our fellow citizens without any regard to their creed or to their birthplace."
-- Theodore Roosevelt: from speech in Milwaukee, WI (Oct. 14, 1912)

From that speech:

"In the first place, speaking to you here in Milwaukee, I wish to say that the Progressive party is making its appeals to all our fellow citizens without any regard to their creed or to their birthplace."

I don't think Theo was some kind of hero, I just thought it was interesting he could deliver a speech will a bullet in his ribs. Different time.....Today he would have been rushed off to the hospital in a second.

From that speech:

I don't think Theo was some kind of hero, I just thought it was interesting he could deliver a speech will a bullet in his ribs. Different time.....Today he would have been rushed off to the hospital in a second.

If he still had asthma as an adult, he may have been on some very heavy medicines for it.

He was a tough outdoorsman, and fearless, not uncommon among men in that era, before testosterone levels among males fell so low effeminates like Barry Obama would be considered 'male' and his lover Michael would be considered 'female'.

From that speech:

Stubbbing one's toe is now enough to get a disability check for life from SSA.

Teddy Roosevelt would stop being a progressive and would be out of politics doing a reality show in today time in the outback...

People can debate his politics of the day but the man was a legend and what real toughness looked like.

He had COPD and still lived a long life until his death for a man that lived like him...

John Schrank claimed he was told in a dream by the ghost of William McKinley to avenge him by killing Roosevelt!

Teddy was a tough old dude for sure. The Gipper lived with a bullet in him from an assassin until he died. Congressman Scalia doesn't make a big deal that he was shot by a

Hoover went fishing. Carter built houses. Bush took up painting. ⁠

And TR went to the Congo where he shot 29 zebra, 17 lions, 11 elephants, nine giraffes, a couple of porcupines, a pair of bongos and a lone aardwolf.

1912, Teddy leaving a hotel to give a speech. Gets shot by a crazy man. Bullet enters his rib cage. He goes on to give an 84 minute speech while bleeding from the wound. Amazing!

"US President Theodore Roosevelt once delivered an 84-minute speech after getting shot in the chest."

Luckily he had his speech folded in 4 along with his steel eye glass case, I believe. That saved his life. They said as he walked for treatment, the blood filled his shoes as he sloshed in it.

Roosevelt lost both his first wife and his mother on the same night in the same house.

Hoover went fishing. Carter built houses. Bush took up painting. ⁠

And TR went to the Congo where he shot 29 zebra, 17 lions, 11 elephants, nine giraffes, a couple of porcupines, a pair of bongos and a lone aardwolf.
Along with malaria and yellow fever which undermined his health then on.

He used to challenge folks in the WH to boxing and wrestling matches lol
Hs would demand they fight him lol
He even hired a Japanese judo legend to train him at the White House lol

Forum List

Back