theists, please give us the creation of man theory

How does God , Jesus keep you in line?? By promising heaven if you are good.
I believe you know better. First, if this kept people in line, evil would not exist. Second, people are very good at convincing themselves they have a very good reason for doing what they did. It is also interesting that people who believe in heaven and hell think they and their loved ones will be there--it is just "those others" who will not be. Very few people worry that they will end up in hell--because if they did, we would see an entirely different type of behavior in this world.

Next, think of all the people who were promised heaven and are atheists. I know at least one atheist who is in heaven (or an after life)--i.e., or to you simply a delusion. ;)

I know all too well what it was like to lose my best friend, I use to be a believer in Jesus. He was my best friend through thick or thin. It was like I lost my best friend, wherever I went he was always there. He was like my second father. I don't believe anymore. I do not believe in heaven or hell, it makes you appreciate life a lot more. It was a process, took me about 8-10 years, I didn't give up on him easily. I can never go back in time. Men created gods , different cultures. Afraid of storms , afraid of dying, etc. Moses (the general) made laws (613of them), all societies made laws. . They had storm gods , fertility gods, every god you can think of. The Jews were polytheist at first. They worshipped Baal. The 2nd creation story is honoring King Cyrus and Zoroastrianism, you know good and evil and the tree of knowledge.;)

The idol Baalberith, which the Jews worshiped after the death of Gideon, was identical, according to the Rabbis, with Baal-zebub, "the ba'al of flies," the god of Ekron (II Kings i. 2). He was worshiped in the shape of a fly; and so addicted were the Jews to his cult (thus runs the tradition) that they would carry an image of him in their pockets, producing it, and kissing it from time to time
I believe in Jesus and I certainly appreciate life. I've seen how fast time flies. Only yesterday I imagined I'd live forever, but not now. And actually, I wouldn't want to start over young now. I enjoyed riding my bike all over without a helmet, nor worrying if there was a child molester living in every other house. Actually, I didn't even know such people existed except in horror movies. I wasn't afraid of storms. In fact, I prayed that a storm or two would hold off until I reached home, and they did. I remember one storm came up. The sky turned deep purple and I was little walking home from school. There were rumblings and I prayed to GOD that HE get me home safe. I barely made it to our front door and the deluge hit. I believe my mother (who didn't drive) was praying too................. Some may believe in a charmed life. I believe in GOD.

Just because humans can't even begin to wrap their minds around how God created all of existence doesn't mean it's not true. I doubt we are even capable of understanding it. So to me the question is misguided and seems to be just another excuse to not believe.
What interests me is that it appears scientists agree that it takes intelligence to understand the intricacies of how the solar system works let alone life as it is now and the changes that came overtime. If it takes intelligence to understand these building blocks, it merely seems logical that it would take intelligence, not randomness, for it to all come together.

It's not an accident that a universe being created from nothing with the laws of nature hardwired to produce intelligence popped into existence.

the christians TORTURED people who didn't believe what they did
the christians denigrated Galileo for the same thing
I don't believe in god and I'm very happy
..please read what you said:
''I believe that people ......'' AGAIN--you have no proof to back up your claims
..prove it or it is babble
I'm the one claiming we don't know the answers. You are the one getting emotionally irrational and posting silly laughing emoticons on posts you can't intellectually engage. Grow up.
We may not know all the answers, but we should at least know that scientists did not pen the creation narrative; the “holy people” did. And they said the earth rested on pillars:

For the pillars of the earth are the Lord's, and on them he has set the world (1 Sam 2:8).

Who shakes the earth out of its place, and its pillars tremble (Job 9:6).

When the earth totters, and all its inhabitants, it is I who keep steady its pillars (Ps 75:3).

As God laid the earth on its foundation and set the sun, moon, and stars overhead, He created man. More specifically, He created covenant man, who became a living creature when God breathed into his nostrils the breath of life (Gen 2:7). Nowhere does the Bible mention God breathing such life into other creatures.

Life is spirit, as the Bible repeatedly avers. When God breathed life onto creation, He forged covenant with man.

Forum List

Back