The World Trade Center in films before 9/11.

One would have thought that a creative architect could have designed those two monstrosities to be more visually interesting. Having visited there on a few occasions on business, it seemed to me that they were horrible places to work, but the people learned to reconcile themselves with the crowding and inconvenience because they had no choice.

One would have thought that a creative architect could have designed those two monstrosities to be more visually interesting. Having visited there on a few occasions on business, it seemed to me that they were horrible places to work, but the people learned to reconcile themselves with the crowding and inconvenience because they had no choice.
My uncle used to work on the 86th floor (north tower )and it was one of my favorite places to go in NYC. I've eaten at windows on the world 7 or 8 times.... my uncle knew a bunch of people that worked there who died on 9/11.

Back in the seventies my cousin and I threw paper airplanes off the roof of the North tower.

Last edited:

Not much to see from the distance but I found them to be interesting enough at street level.

Not much to see from the distance but I found them to be interesting enough at street level.
Most people don't know , especially those who haven't been there but there are 7 floors underneath ground level.......2 lobby, a mall, futures exchange offices,, subway station, connecting to bus terminals.....it was like an underground city....

I used to love the express elevators, and being out on the roof was truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

1630602740132.png

New Topics

Forum List

Back