The world has plenty of food.

Woodznutz

Platinum Member
Dec 9, 2021
A panelist on a recent forum concerning world hunger stated that if food waste was reduced, and if people didn't overeat, there was enough food at current production levels to sustain a growing population until 2040.

A panelist on a recent forum concerning world hunger stated that if food waste was reduced, and if people didn't overeat, there was enough food at current production levels to sustain a growing population until 2040.

Or we could just stop having babies for a few years and let the population come back down naturally, thius solving EVERY FUCKING PROBLEM IN THE WORLD.

Can anyone name a problem that wouldn't solve better, easier and cheaper than
  • Food rationing?
  • EV cars?
  • Climate change?
  • Banning meat?
  • Trying to live off of sunlight?
  • Exploring space for more room to live?
  • Moving everyone into cubicles into big cities?

Diet for a Small Planet is a 1971 bestselling book by Frances Moore Lappé, the first major book to note the environmental impact of meat production as wasteful and a contributor to global food scarcity.

Diet for a Small Planet - Wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diet_for_a_Small_Planet

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diet_for_a_Small_Planet

I read this when it first came out and have not eaten meat since

Or we could just stop having babies for a few years and let the population come back down naturally,

It is already . DYOR .

Whether this is a natural decline is an entirely different matter .

There is no "overpopulation," and every problem we have now we had when there were half as many people, and half of that, and half of that.

"Fretting about overpopulation, is a perfect guilt-free - indeed, sanctimonious - way for "progressives" to be racists. ... way to many of them, just the right amount of me."

-- P.J. O'Rourke, All the Trouble in the World"

"American children grow up to be valuable citizens. Bangladeshi children grow up to be part of the world population problem."

Food isn't scarce, it's just mismanaged. Animal agriculture is as well.
Around 10 years ago or so, I read an informative article about how it really isn’t food scarcity that’s the problem, it’s the fact that distribution doesn’t pay off, so nobody has any desire to do it.

It seems like a great way for a global company to have a huge boost in consumer sales by a successful humanitarian run. For instance, if Kellogg’s prompted a major grain project for the entire population in Kenya, the media could ensure it would pay off for them, or not. Who knows what New York multi-billionaires care about, beyond families, but once one company saw it happening it wouldn’t matter about media backing, another would compete. Even if the motive remained -we can do it better than the other guys- at least people living under poverty would be fed.

The World can produce enough food for everybody, no problem. In the U.S. alone, there are millions and millions of acres of arable land that is not used, simply because there is no need. Many other countries could say the same. Global warming will probably make things better - longer growing season in Canada, for example.

The shit-hole countries where starvation is an issue all have one thing in common: terrible, corrupt government. Climate may not be great, but the governments of those countries are all the same.

Around 10 years ago or so, I read an informative article about how it really isn’t food scarcity that’s the problem, it’s the fact that distribution doesn’t pay off, so nobody has any desire to do it.

It seems like a great way for a global company to have a huge boost in consumer sales by a successful humanitarian run. For instance, if Kellogg’s prompted a major grain project for the entire population in Kenya, the media could ensure it would pay off for them, or not. Who knows what New York multi-billionaires care about, beyond families, but once one company saw it happening it wouldn’t matter about media backing, another would compete. Even if the motive remained -we can do it better than the other guys- at least people living under poverty would be fed.
Who wants to feed someone to grow up and kill innocent people? They ran all the white farmers out of Africa and took their..everything. It's their baby now.

"Fretting about overpopulation, is a perfect guilt-free - indeed, sanctimonious - way for "progressives" to be racists. ... way to many of them, just the right amount of me."

He's right about "just the right amount of me". Population in the West is declining (China as well).

Forum List

Back