The word American is harmful

The United States of America is the only country with America as part of its name. I don't understand the motivation of critics who condemn Americans for calling their country by its name. Give me a damned break!

Everyone with a brain knows when you're talking about America, your referring to the country and then when you're talking about the "Americas" you're referring to the countries of North and South America. It's been a given for so long now, I think really this is also another exercise in ELITISM for these academics. Another example of how they look down on the little people who they think aren't intelligent enough to know the difference.

Stanford University wants that word cancelled.

From your link:
American often refers to people from the United States only, thereby insinuating that the US is the most important country in the Americas,” the packet reasons, noting that the region actually includes 42 countries between North and South America.

From your link:American often refers to people from the United States only, thereby insinuating that the US is the most important country in the Americas,”
Nothing proves that to be the case more, and screams that louder then the number of people flooding across ones border while risking life and limb and it is more than just an insinuation to recognize that.
I'll have to side with the wisdom of those fleeing the other 41 americas to get into this one over the faux education produced and sold for an exclusionary price at stanford.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back