The Woke Mob Now Wants To Cancel Facial Recognition??

"Nijeer Parks, a 31-year-old Black man living in Paterson, New Jersey, walked into the Woodbridge Police Department to clear his name. Standing at the desk of the police station, holding an envelope with his Social Security card and identification, Parks was ready to clear his name. It wouldn't be so easy. "Four or five minutes later as me and [the clerk] were talking, two other officers walk up and tell me to put my hands behind my back," Parks recalled. Detained by the Woodbridge police, Parks, whose arrest was first reported by NJ.com, said he spent 11 days in jail. Only upon his release was he able to learn what the evidence against him.

According to a police report obtained by CNN, the [only] evidence presented by the police officers that led to Parks' arrest was a "high profile comparison" from a facial recognition scan of a photo of a fake ID left at the scene. While facial recognition technology has become increasingly accurate, research has shown it is drastically more prone to error when trying to match the faces of darker skinned people - and because no federal guidelines exist to limit or standardize the use of facial recognition by law enforcement"

Too bad for this guy -- it isn't the facial recognition software's fault that all darkies look alike -- and chances are this darkie was guilty of some other crime anyway...And this particular crime was a serious crime too; the guy who did it tried to shoplift; then ran from officers, hopped in a car and sped off nearly hitting an officer. The guy left a fake ID at the scene and the photo looked similar to Mr. Parks; so obviously he did it.

Well, he didn't do it -- he actually presented proof that he was 30 miles away at the time of the crime -- and despite this proof, it still took them over a year to drop the charges -- but I still feel this guy should have went to jail for something; because instead of being thankful -- he is filing a lawsuit....what kind of appreciation is that?

I saw on a TV show a guy had put on a disguise as another person and was able to pass the facial recognition software, so I think it should not be used. I mean if a actor can screw it up, anyone could. Right? :)

Forum List

Back