The wish of one true American for a very Merry Christmas

Psychoblues

Nov 30, 2003
North Missisippi
Cindy, regardless of what anyone else says, is genuinely SPECIAL. She is a Gold Star Mother and deserving of no animosities from those that disagree with her views concerning these times, this WAR or this misadministration. She neither condemns nor does she approve. Her message is forthrightly for honesty and credible answers to the many questions that she has.

And So This Is Christmas
By Cindy Sheehan
t r u t h o u t | Guest Contributor
Monday 25 December 2006
And so this is Christmas,
And what have you done?
Another year over,
A new one just begun.
- John Lennon
Today is the 21st birthday of my youngest child, Janey. It is the third birthday that she has "celebrated" since her oldest sibling, Casey, was killed in Iraq. My other son, Andy, turned 21 the year Casey was killed. Carly, my oldest daughter, turned 24 the year after Casey was killed ... the same age he was when BushCo sent him to die in their oil war for profit. In the one letter that Casey was writing three days before he was killed in the ambush that took the lives of six other soldiers, he expressed regret that he wouldn't be home for Janey's high school graduation that June. Little did we know that he would be home, buried in his "final resting place," forever.
Christmas 2006 will be the third Christmas that our family has endured since the death of Casey. The holiday season is hard for so many people as evidenced by the skyrocketing number of suicides and suicide attempts. Many people feel lonely and separated from joyous events, and the orgy of consumerism that now is the "reason for the season." Especially since Christmas 2003 was the last time we saw Casey alive, this season is so difficult for our family. Imagine getting out the boxes of Christmas decorations and pulling out your dead child's stocking or "Baby's First Christmas, 1979" ornament. Well, the Sheehan family and almost 3,000 other American families don't have to imagine the pain - we deal with the trauma 24/7; Christmas, birthdays, graduations, weddings, births, anniversaries, will never, ever, be the same for us again.
2006 was a year of ups and downs for our family and for the nation. Despite the facts, the criminal and corrupt occupation of Iraq continues unabated, and in fact - worsens on an hourly basis. Body bags are coming home from the Middle East in the dark of night at a steady clip, and our troops are being grievously wounded for no other reason than to reward the CEOs of the war profiteers with phenomenal holiday bonuses. Our children are being sacrificed like Christmas turkeys so the turkeys in the White House can strut around and posture like dictators of banana republics.
With the transfer of power in the legislative branch of Congress, our nation has a unique opportunity for true change in 2007. But with the Democratic leadership cozying up to the killers who have led our country down a path of destruction in the name of "bipartisanship" - which in this case can only be truthfully called criminal collusion - we have little hope of the change that we the people voted overwhelmingly for this past November.
The best holiday presents for my family, our nation and the world, would be for the troops to speedily and safely exit from Iraq and for BushCo to be held accountable for their crimes against our Constitution and humanity. These gifts, however, will not be realized unless the grassroots community who put the Democrats back in power redouble our efforts for peace and accountability.
A very Merry Christmas,
And a Happy New Year,
Let's hope it's a good one,
Without any fear.
As Franklin D. Roosevelt said, "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." An out-of-control Executive Branch, threatening to send more troops to Iraq and another battleship group to the Persian Gulf - to intimidate Iran and perhaps incite an attack from that country that would justify another war - is not the only thing the world has to fear. I am also afraid that the recent electoral victory of the Democratic Party will lead to complacency in the grassroots movement. May I remind everyone that the Democrats have started more wars in the last century than the Republicans - and all war is wrong, no matter what political party or which politician starts it. We have to do more than "hope" for a good 2007. We have to stay vigilant and motivated, and constantly remind our employees in DC who they work for and what we expect from them. The Democrats cannot be afraid to end the monstrosity that BushCo has perpetrated on the world. Our nation and the nation of Iraq demand heroes.
We have to be the ones who give our leaders the courage to do the right thing.
War is over, if you want it,
War is over, if you want it.
War is over, war is over,
If YOU work for peace.
Join Gold Star Families for Peace and a coalition of Peace and Justice Groups in our Walk for Change when Congress reconvenes on the 3rd and 4th of January.
Support peace groups who are on the frontlines struggling against the war machine.
In Search of Peace is a series of reflections on Cindy's journey toward peace.

Cindy Sheehan is the mother of Spc. Casey Sheehan, who was killed in Bush's war of terror on 04/04/04. She is the co-founder and president of Gold Star Families for Peace and the Camp Casey Peace Institute. She is the author of three books; the most recent is Peace Mom: A Mother's Journey Through Heartache to Activism.

Psychoblues

I thought for awhile......and told myself, I'm not going to get sucked into this guy's provoking diatribe.

I finally decided to just not talk about Cindy......as she is what she is.......Her walk, talk, and life......say it all. Let the historians decide where this lady rests. A nut case, a lady-heroe, a deluded individual, a hatred filled woman.......Time will tell.
I'd rather center on the poster of this topic.........Mr. Psycho.

Every post of his is filled with such hatred for those that don't agree with him. He constantly posts articles that originate from questionable or very politically biased sources. Obviously we all have agendas and philosophical bents, but you, Mr. Phycho, absolutely use this forum to lamblast the current administration, the Iraq war......which you call "Bush's war".....

I wonder if this were the Kosovo conflict.........how do you see it in the spectrum of history? We had tow factions......Serbian who are basically from Orthodox Christian religious background fighting muslims. Serbs were accused of atrocities toward the Muslims........and we jumped in their during Clinton's time in office.........we lost soldiers, we bombed many targets and I'm sure many innocent Serbs were killed in that Nato sanctioned war.

Wonder if Cindy's son was killed in the Kosovo war between the Serbs and Albanians conflict?......Would his death have been in vain, as in Bush's Iraq war? Wonder if he was one of the soldiers killed in Mogadishu? Wonder if he was one of the soldiers left behind by the Clinton administration in was it Mogadishu? Afterall, all these conflicts weren't direct threats to our security, yet another administration sent our G.I.'s there to fight.

You have this "I feel your pain" angle to your posts, but in essence, it's just your diatribe. You really hate folks that believe that the Iraq war is necessary. You espouse the very talking points that got us and Britain caught with our pants-down in WW2. "Peace in our time"......tolerance to the Nazi's ment giving them a Czechoslavakia.....Did that tolerance for the sake of peace make the world safer? 6 million + Jews will disagree whole heartedly!

I don't care which adminstration sends our G.I.'s to war. I just think you've made it a political football in every one of your posts. Clinton lobs a few cruise missles into Afganistan, and kills a bunch of innocent civilians.....instead of Osama ............Do you screach out, a loud protest.............I haven't read it in any of your posts.

It's obvious you don't like GWB.... I think if GWB were Jesus Himself, you'd find a reason to hate anything or twist it around to make it look bad in some way.

Your a very sad, sick, angry, person. You really need help. Some day your going to explode inside or outside and I hate to be around when you finally hit your limit-point. You really need to learn to forgive, and accept Jesus's unconditional love, or you're just going to shrivel-up into an old angry, bitter man.
I will say something about Cindy.

She has hurt her son's name and his God given individuality to decide that he wanted to be a G.I. and serve his country wherever they sent him. Did her kid want to die in the Middle East?..........No! If we could bring him back to life..........would he say he died in vain? I doubt it! Folks like you wish and hope that every G.I. will rebell against their superiors, and scream, "hell no I won't go."... You'd love it wouldn't you? Then you'd watch Iraq turn into a civil war of such magnitude that it would make the previous conflicts in the Middle East seem trivial. You'd like it, cause you want GWB and the conservatives in his administration to fall, real hard, and be blamed for countless deaths of G.I.'s and innocent Iraqi's. This is just so you can have your administration in place.............It's the dream of politics "my way" over innocent lives. Karl Marx aptly called it, "Justifying the means" This is just what happened in Southeast Asia over 30 years ago. The liberal media started counting deaths instead of progress in the war, and gradually they got their dream-come-true.......the public started to wane in their perserverance as the media had to publish every body bag count, and every dropped U.S. bomb that missed it's target and hit a Vietnamese hamlet. Hillary and Bill came from that generation and mental "bent". They hate the military, they love globalism, they abhor Christian ethics, and are globalists to the core like patriotic, Sen. Kerry.

You may call yourself a sensitive liberal, but your filled with hatred for those that don't agree with you. It oozes out of every one of your posts.

Cindy, regardless of what anyone else says, is genuinely SPECIAL. She is a Gold Star Mother and deserving of no animosities from those that disagree with her views concerning these times, this WAR or this misadministration. She neither condemns nor does she approve. Her message is forthrightly for honesty and credible answers to the many questions that she has.

And So This Is Christmas
By Cindy Sheehan
t r u t h o u t | Guest Contributor
Monday 25 December 2006
And so this is Christmas,
And what have you done?
Another year over,
A new one just begun.
- John Lennon
Today is the 21st birthday of my youngest child, Janey. It is the third birthday that she has "celebrated" since her oldest sibling, Casey, was killed in Iraq. My other son, Andy, turned 21 the year Casey was killed. Carly, my oldest daughter, turned 24 the year after Casey was killed ... the same age he was when BushCo sent him to die in their oil war for profit. In the one letter that Casey was writing three days before he was killed in the ambush that took the lives of six other soldiers, he expressed regret that he wouldn't be home for Janey's high school graduation that June. Little did we know that he would be home, buried in his "final resting place," forever.
Christmas 2006 will be the third Christmas that our family has endured since the death of Casey. The holiday season is hard for so many people as evidenced by the skyrocketing number of suicides and suicide attempts. Many people feel lonely and separated from joyous events, and the orgy of consumerism that now is the "reason for the season." Especially since Christmas 2003 was the last time we saw Casey alive, this season is so difficult for our family. Imagine getting out the boxes of Christmas decorations and pulling out your dead child's stocking or "Baby's First Christmas, 1979" ornament. Well, the Sheehan family and almost 3,000 other American families don't have to imagine the pain - we deal with the trauma 24/7; Christmas, birthdays, graduations, weddings, births, anniversaries, will never, ever, be the same for us again.
2006 was a year of ups and downs for our family and for the nation. Despite the facts, the criminal and corrupt occupation of Iraq continues unabated, and in fact - worsens on an hourly basis. Body bags are coming home from the Middle East in the dark of night at a steady clip, and our troops are being grievously wounded for no other reason than to reward the CEOs of the war profiteers with phenomenal holiday bonuses. Our children are being sacrificed like Christmas turkeys so the turkeys in the White House can strut around and posture like dictators of banana republics.
With the transfer of power in the legislative branch of Congress, our nation has a unique opportunity for true change in 2007. But with the Democratic leadership cozying up to the killers who have led our country down a path of destruction in the name of "bipartisanship" - which in this case can only be truthfully called criminal collusion - we have little hope of the change that we the people voted overwhelmingly for this past November.
The best holiday presents for my family, our nation and the world, would be for the troops to speedily and safely exit from Iraq and for BushCo to be held accountable for their crimes against our Constitution and humanity. These gifts, however, will not be realized unless the grassroots community who put the Democrats back in power redouble our efforts for peace and accountability.
A very Merry Christmas,
And a Happy New Year,
Let's hope it's a good one,
Without any fear.
As Franklin D. Roosevelt said, "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." An out-of-control Executive Branch, threatening to send more troops to Iraq and another battleship group to the Persian Gulf - to intimidate Iran and perhaps incite an attack from that country that would justify another war - is not the only thing the world has to fear. I am also afraid that the recent electoral victory of the Democratic Party will lead to complacency in the grassroots movement. May I remind everyone that the Democrats have started more wars in the last century than the Republicans - and all war is wrong, no matter what political party or which politician starts it. We have to do more than "hope" for a good 2007. We have to stay vigilant and motivated, and constantly remind our employees in DC who they work for and what we expect from them. The Democrats cannot be afraid to end the monstrosity that BushCo has perpetrated on the world. Our nation and the nation of Iraq demand heroes.
We have to be the ones who give our leaders the courage to do the right thing.
War is over, if you want it,
War is over, if you want it.
War is over, war is over,
If YOU work for peace.
Join Gold Star Families for Peace and a coalition of Peace and Justice Groups in our Walk for Change when Congress reconvenes on the 3rd and 4th of January.
Support peace groups who are on the frontlines struggling against the war machine.
In Search of Peace is a series of reflections on Cindy's journey toward peace.

Cindy Sheehan is the mother of Spc. Casey Sheehan, who was killed in Bush's war of terror on 04/04/04. She is the co-founder and president of Gold Star Families for Peace and the Camp Casey Peace Institute. She is the author of three books; the most recent is Peace Mom: A Mother's Journey Through Heartache to Activism.

Psychoblues

'Cindy' is a basketcase, thus not worthy or capable of discussion. Psycho on the other hand, is a case of a different sort. In his discussion of Cindy he misses the mark as does she. Her son, Casey, will not rest in peace until his mother comes to terms with the fact that the war is and never was about her.

'Cindy' is a basketcase, thus not worthy or capable of discussion. Psycho on the other hand, is a case of a different sort. In his discussion of Cindy he misses the mark as does she. Her son, Casey, will not rest in peace until his mother comes to terms with the fact that the war is and never was about her.

I think he is probably resting peacefully. I just dont think his mother will have any peace.

its times like these im grateful for the knowledge that death is not the end of it. its very comforting.

I think he is probably resting peacefully. I just dont think his mother will have any peace.

its times like these im grateful for the knowledge that death is not the end of it. its very comforting.

I hope you are correct about Casey. I think though that sometimes there is 'unfinished business' and if anyone is unfinished, it's Cindy. I feel sorry for her, allowing herself to be used and then using her son to keep herself the center of all her small, small world.

Cindy is very well equipped to contradict the "truths" as espoused by GWB and his minions. He and the Main Street Media ignore her because of this.

Seriously, I hope you all had some seriously good holidays.

Psychoblues

Cindy is very well equipped to contradict the "truths" as espoused by GWB and his minions. He and the Main Street Media ignore her because of this.

Seriously, I hope you all had some seriously good holidays.

Psychoblues

How does one combat truth with lies and by using the lives of dead relatives?

And what the heck is the main street media and since when has any media ignored Cindy? She is on almost all the time.

Forum List

Back