The "What If" Beatles album

Robert Urbanek

Platinum Member
Nov 9, 2019
Vacaville, CA
You may say I’m a dreamer but imagine that the Beatles didn’t break up in 1970 and created another album incorporating their individual efforts from 1969 to 1971. Titles and composers listed. Let’s call it Amazing.

Side One
Instant Karma – John Lennon
Imagine - John Lennon
My Sweet Lord – George Harrison
Give Peace A Chance – John Lennon, Paul McCartney
Gimme Some Truth – John Lennon
Power to the People – John Lennon
All Things Must Pass – George Harrison

Side Two
Maybe I’m Amazed – Paul McCartney
That Would Be Something – Paul McCartney
Jealous Guy – John Lennon
Every Night – Paul McCartney
Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey – Paul McCartney
It Don’t Come Off Easy – Ringo Starr, George Harrison
Wah Wah – George Harrison

Amazing.jpg

One thing the Jackson movie "Get Back" showed is that the real talent of the Beatles was Paul McCartney. Even when the others brought in an idea, it was McCartney who turned it into something commercially viable. I never knew what a powerful force he was.

Without McCartney there never would be a Beatles. Without Lenin - meh , not a huge thing. Without Harrison? Well - George had some good songs - but then Pete Hamm actually wrote several of them...

Just saying.

One thing the Jackson movie "Get Back" showed is that the real talent of the Beatles was Paul McCartney. Even when the others brought in an idea, it was McCartney who turned it into something commercially viable. I never knew what a powerful force he was.

Without McCartney there never would be a Beatles. Without Lenin - meh , not a huge thing. Without Harrison? Well - George had some good songs - but then Pete Hamm actually wrote several of them...

Just saying.

You may say I’m a dreamer but imagine that the Beatles didn’t break up in 1970 and created another album incorporating their individual efforts from 1969 to 1971. Titles and composers listed. Let’s call it Amazing.

Side One
Instant Karma – John Lennon
Imagine - John Lennon
My Sweet Lord – George Harrison
Give Peace A Chance – John Lennon, Paul McCartney
Gimme Some Truth – John Lennon
Power to the People – John Lennon
All Things Must Pass – George Harrison

Side Two
Maybe I’m Amazed – Paul McCartney
That Would Be Something – Paul McCartney
Jealous Guy – John Lennon
Every Night – Paul McCartney
Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey – Paul McCartney
It Don’t Come Off Easy – Ringo Starr, George Harrison
Wah Wah – George Harrison

View attachment 670717

George Harrison- Give Me Love

George Harrison- Give Me Love

You think it was being overshadowed by McCartney and Lennon that drove Harrison to plagiarize so many songs, including that one?

Pete Hamm of Badfinger committed suicide after the bands manager stole everything he and the rest of the band had. Decades later, in the early 2000's - Hamm's wife died, As they were cleaning out her flat, they found the original handwritten music and lyrics for "Here Comes the Sun," written by Hamm. Hamm and Harrison were close friends.

Harrison made a career out of claiming other people's work for his own. "My Sweet Lord" is another one.

You think it was being overshadowed by McCartney and Lennon that drove Harrison to plagiarize so many songs, including that one?

Pete Hamm of Badfinger committed suicide after the bands manager stole everything he and the rest of the band had. Decades later, in the early 2000's - Hamm's wife died, As they were cleaning out her flat, they found the original handwritten music and lyrics for "Here Comes the Sun," written by Hamm. Hamm and Harrison were close friends.

Harrison made a career out of claiming other people's work for his own. "My Sweet Lord" is another one.
Is it alright if I just like the song?

Forum List

Back