The War on Meat

He’s strong, but I can bench as much as he can and I’m not a professional by any stretch of the imagination. He’s nowhere near the worlds strongest.

of course you can be stronger than most guys as a vegan, but to reach the truly elite level a diet without meat or eggs won’t cut it.
He holds world records so by definition he is the world's strongest in those lifts. No one is the worlds strongest in every feat of strength.

He holds world records so by definition he is the world's strongest in those lifts. No one is the worlds strongest in every feat of strength.
The article states:
We’re talking about a guy who can Bench 463 lbs. Squat 794 lbs. And Deadlift 794 lbs.

It says he’s won records for feats like a yoke walk, which is impressive, but in the world of professional powerlifting only the “big three” count. I know for a fact none of the big three listed there are close to being a world record. Impressive yes. But at the risk of sounding like a blowhard, my max bench is 455 and I’m just a guy who likes to lift. I know a dozen guys as strong as this guy.

All I’m saying is that he’s strong, but not as strong as the article is trying to portray him. The author clearly has a agenda toward promoting veganism.

The article states:
We’re talking about a guy who can Bench 463 lbs. Squat 794 lbs. And Deadlift 794 lbs.

It says he’s won records for feats like a yoke walk, which is impressive, but in the world of professional powerlifting only the “big three” count. I know for a fact none of the big three listed there are close to being a world record. Impressive yes. But at the risk of sounding like a blowhard, my max bench is 455 and I’m just a guy who likes to lift. I know a dozen guys as strong as this guy.

All I’m saying is that he’s strong, but not as strong as the article is trying to portray him. The author clearly has a agenda toward promoting veganism.
Did it say he held world records in those lifts?

He holds or held world records set as a vegan.

Did it say he held world records in those lifts?
Deadlift, bench press and the barbell squat are the only lifts that matter in powerlifting. His records in those lifts are great, but not world class or competitive beyond regional lift meets.

Yoke walks or lifting logs or whatever are well ne good, but they are not true competitive powerlifting.

Deadlift, bench press and the barbell squat are the only lifts that matter in powerlifting. His records in those lifts are great, but not world class or competitive beyond regional lift meets.

Yoke walks or lifting logs or whatever are well ne good, but they are not true competitive powerlifting.

\I never said power lifting I said "feats of strength"

He beat non vegans to get those world records

Therefore he can be counted as one of the worlds strongest men.

This is all nonsense, carbohydrates are the main source of energy. Fat in food is also needed, but vegetable and milk fat are more useful.
Meat is catastrophically harmful, it synthesizes cadaveric poisons in the body, since meat protein is poorly digested and rots in the intestines. This is why meat eaters are usually weak and sickly.

He’s strong, but I can bench as much as he can and I’m not a professional by any stretch of the imagination. He’s nowhere near the worlds strongest.

of course you can be stronger than most guys as a vegan, but to reach the truly elite level a diet without meat or eggs won’t cut it.

Yeah, but strength isn't about strength, it's about adherence to the weird little cult these people are into...

He has not in any way been proven a liar on the subject.

So if you can prove he's lying post your evidence.
Logically, since you asserted that he is a vegan, the onus is on you to back up your assertion. When you ask others to prove your assertion wrong, you are committing a logical fallacy by shifting the burden of proof.

Could you explain to the USMB forum, the reasoning that you used to come to the conclusion that he's a vegan?

When you claim that you are a vegan, it's relatively believable because the significant cognitive impairment that you consistently display in this forum is a common symptom of the brain damage caused by chronic vitamin B12 deficiency.

So far all you have provided to back up your assertion that he is a vegan is that he claimed to be a vegan. Do you automatically believe everything that anyone claims?

Logically, since you asserted that he is a vegan, the onus is on you to back up your assertion. When you ask others to prove your assertion wrong, you are committing a logical fallacy by shifting the burden of proof.

Could you explain to the USMB forum, the reasoning that you used to come to the conclusion that he's a vegan?

When you claim that you are a vegan, it's relatively believable because the significant cognitive impairment that you consistently display in this forum is a common symptom of the brain damage caused by chronic vitamin B12 deficiency.

So far all you have provided to back up your assertion that he is a vegan is that he claimed to be a vegan. Do you automatically believe everything that anyone claims?
No he asserted that he is a vegan and i have no reason to disbelieve that.

what???????

Listen dude, as far as I understand you are just a bodybuilder. This is not a sport, this is a striptease, there is no "level", you have no idea what sport is.
Sport has nothing to do with non-functional pharmaceutical meat, sport is not muscles or even strength, it is, first of all, the art of owning your body, a complex and great art.

That's what sport is

Vegan:

images

Meateater:

Canis_lupus_arabic.JPG

Here's what happens to strippers when they think of themselves as warriors.

The most formidable warriors in ancient times were the Aryans. They were shepherds, apparently ate mainly grain and milk. It was they who brought Athletics to Greece.

There are different opinions as to whether they ate meat, but in any case, it is clear that they did not eat horse meat, beef and human flesh, there is evidence of this from the Vedas: there is a hymn where it is prescribed to kill those who eat cows, horses or people. In general, there is the word "krovjad" which literally means "meat-eaters", and these are those whom the Aryans despised and killed. This is confirmed by the Indian tradition of cows, it undoubtedly comes from the Vedic culture, because it was with the Aryans that the cow was the sacred mother.

Agni, from days of old thou slayest demons: never shall Rākṣasas in fight o’ercome thee.
Burn up the foolish ones, the flesh-devourers: let none of them escape thine heavenly arrow.

Rigveda X, 87

Listen dude, as far as I understand you are just a bodybuilder. This is not a sport, this is a striptease, there is no "level", you have no idea what sport is.
I’m not a bodybuilder, I’m an amateur power lifter, which is a sport.

bodybuilding is about aesthetics, powerlifting is about strength.

with that said, I have a lot of respect for bodybuilders. It’s much harder and requires perfect dieting.

I choose powerlifting because I like to lift and I like to eat like a fat kid.

Forum List

Back