The Walking Dead and Philosophy.

Exploration of the book The Walking Dead and Philosophy, with an emphasis on how the AMC drama reflects the concepts of philosophical zombies and existentialism.

I think I prefer the inimitable C.C. Griffin who said of Zombies
"We kill them then sit around and talk about it for an hour."

View attachment 511300

For me, it’s not about the zombies.

More about how humans would behave when the power goes out.

If there were no government, police, hospitals, phones, or any of the infrastructure we’ve come to depend on.
The special effects dept of that show coveys very well the futility of our aspirations, with the heartbreaking images of former family life, in those big houses.

Chronic wasting disease (CWD) is a prion disease that affects deer, elk, reindeer, sika deer and moose. It has been found in some areas of North America, including Canada and the United States, Norway and South Korea. It may take over a year before an infected animal develops symptoms, which can include drastic weight loss (wasting), stumbling, listlessness and other neurologic symptoms. CWD can affect animals of all ages and some infected animals may die without ever developing the disease. CWD is fatal to animals and there are no treatments or vaccines.

Commonly called Zombie deer.
View attachment 509420

View attachment 509421

View attachment 509422
Another fear attack, now for hunters.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
View attachment 511294

What does Joe Biden's cabinet have to do with this? :dunno:

Exploration of the book The Walking Dead and Philosophy, with an emphasis on how the AMC drama reflects the concepts of philosophical zombies and existentialism.

I think I prefer the inimitable C.C. Griffin who said of Zombies
"We kill them then sit around and talk about it for an hour."

View attachment 511300

For me, it’s not about the zombies.

More about how humans would behave when the power goes out.

If there were no government, police, hospitals, phones, or any of the infrastructure we’ve come to depend on.
The special effects dept of that show coveys very well the futility of our aspirations, with the heartbreaking images of former family life, in those big houses.
Yeah, I know.
And they've been beating the audience over the head with that for the last 6 seasons.
Yeah, I get it, "Civilization is what makes people nice"
Now can we move the story along?

Forum List

Back