The Voice of the Night (Dean Koontz)

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
The Voice of the Night (LINK) is a multi-generation audience psychological thriller novel written by cult-favorite neo-noir American writer Dean Koontz in 1980 under the pseudonym Brian Coffey. This Koontz ('Coffey') novel presents the adolescent psychosis story of a shy young American boy named Colin who meets a strange and daring young American boy named Roy, both adolescents. Colin discovers Roy harbors a dark secret from his past which has shaped his current antisocial and wreckless behaviors. Colin meets a pretty young woman named Heather who tries to help Colin dissect the dangerous and troubled Roy. Colin and Heather wind up in a climactic capture-game adventure with Roy during which Colin must determine if he should answer the signs of the 'voices of the night' from the dark regions of the human psyche to arrest Roy or if he should seek elevated maturity!

This is a terrific and under-marketed work of American pulp-fiction and has become a cult-favorite psychological thriller among American youngsters. I myself read this outstanding work when I was an adolescent and it helped shape my general interests in adventurous pulp-writing and American fan-fiction!

The Voice of the Night is not like Hitchcock or Stephen King but is rather a realized presentation of the undeniable eeriness of adolescent 'evil' manifest in the form of surprising or even revelational self-destruction and may be considered a pop-fiction achievement comparable to any trophy offered by an American writer like Robert Ludlum or Barbara Kingsolver, despite its very obvious basic instinct analysis!

This is an awesome Coronavirus quarantine read for fans of American lifestyle pulp-fiction and may be a welcomed break from Facebook or Netflix. I give this Koontz work 5/5 stars, if I, say afforded Barbara Kingsolver's lucid Pigs in Heaven 4/5 stars. I highly recommend The Voice of the Night.

IMG_0576.JPG

{interpretation dialogue}
====

ROY: You're too sweet.
COLIN: I prefer daylight.
ROY: There's a true voice in the night!
COLIN: That's the voice leading to evil.
ROY: Maybe...

====

:stir:

The Voice of the Night (LINK) is a multi-generation audience psychological thriller novel written by cult-favorite neo-noir American writer Dean Koontz in 1980 under the pseudonym Brian Coffey. This Koontz ('Coffey') novel presents the adolescent psychosis story of a shy young American boy named Colin who meets a strange and daring young American boy named Roy, both adolescents. Colin discovers Roy harbors a dark secret from his past which has shaped his current antisocial and wreckless behaviors. Colin meets a pretty young woman named Heather who tries to help Colin dissect the dangerous and troubled Roy. Colin and Heather wind up in a climactic capture-game adventure with Roy during which Colin must determine if he should answer the signs of the 'voices of the night' from the dark regions of the human psyche to arrest Roy or if he should seek elevated maturity!

This is a terrific and under-marketed work of American pulp-fiction and has become a cult-favorite psychological thriller among American youngsters. I myself read this outstanding work when I was an adolescent and it helped shape my general interests in adventurous pulp-writing and American fan-fiction!

The Voice of the Night is not like Hitchcock or Stephen King but is rather a realized presentation of the undeniable eeriness of adolescent 'evil' manifest in the form of surprising or even revelational self-destruction and may be considered a pop-fiction achievement comparable to any trophy offered by an American writer like Robert Ludlum or Barbara Kingsolver, despite its very obvious basic instinct analysis!

This is an awesome Coronavirus quarantine read for fans of American lifestyle pulp-fiction and may be a welcomed break from Facebook or Netflix. I give this Koontz work 5/5 stars, if I, say afforded Barbara Kingsolver's lucid Pigs in Heaven 4/5 stars. I highly recommend The Voice of the Night.

View attachment 335194

{interpretation dialogue}
====

ROY: You're too sweet.
COLIN: I prefer daylight.
ROY: There's a true voice in the night!
COLIN: That's the voice leading to evil.
ROY: Maybe...

====

:stir:
Thanks for the post. I've read quite a few books by Koontz, but not this one.

I haven't read Koontz for several years. Read very little horror in the past 5 years or so.
Koontz is every bit as good as King. Every bit.
The Bad Place is probably my favorite. With King, obviously The Stand

Forum List

Back