The "Virtuous" New Nazis.

Antisemitism is cultural.

Not necessarily. Since the traditional antisemitic canards rely on spinning Jews as rich and powerful, manipulative and sneaky, and with undue power over others, it appeals to worthless individuals of all stripes looking for a convenient scapegoat for all their own shortcomings. The disgruntled, the paranoid schizophrenics, those suffering from a Joan of Ark complex -- all concentrate their attention on Jews as there is already such a ready-made wealth of material out there for them to utilize.

As far as culture is concerned, it is often less a matter of culture than a mere PART of the culture. Leftists are increasingly hostile to Jews because it is fashionable and they are seeking approval from other leftists. The United states, as a whole, is not antisemitic, but levels of antisemitism run very high in the black community, fast increasing portions of the left, and a small vestige of the paleocon and white supremacist portion of the right. Since Europe is dominated by leftist politics, the levels of antisemitism run much higher.

I don't think it's as simple as "fashionable" but I actually agree with parts of what you say.

I think anti-semitism is cultural in large part. It's taught and passed on in a culture. That's why it has never completely disappeared.

I think anti-semitism is one component of a broader need to scapegoat and scapegoats will always be whatever relatively powerless minority exists. In addition, a minority that is seen to be insular, and outside of the mainstream culture, will be even more likely to be scapegoated. I don't see it as a left vs right situation. What I see as different is that it has always been the provenance of the right before, and now we are seeing it also in the left. The right is cloaking it in anti-Muslim rhetoric but the followers still spout the same old canards.

I think the fact that levels of anti-semitism are much higher in Europe is not because of leftist politics but because of history. Europe has had a strongly entrenched history of antisemitism - that resulted in expulsions, pogroms, lack of rights and forced conversions of non-Christians, in particular Jews. The US, Canada, Australia - while it's had anti-senmitism, never had that history. WW2 after all, was European.

But I agree it is a part of the culture - an ugly part, that is kept largely out of sight until stresses give it strength and voice.

Scapegoating a religious, ethnic or racial group is unfortunately very human. They are viewed as "outside" and when nationaism rises - outsiders suffer. It doesn't matter what group it is...it's wrong, dangerous and tragic.

BUT this the idealism is not profitable. This is still causing property damage.
An example:
"A house which looks like Adolf Hitler has been put up to let – and you can move into the Fuhrer for rent flat for just £85 a week.
The notorious ‘Hitler House’ is a tourist attraction because its sloping roof looks like the Nazi leader’s side-parting hair and front door lintel like his toothbrush moustache.
Retired university worker Clive Davies, 70, reckons it is a snip at £85 a week – even with the Hitler lookalike reputation."
Source: House that looks like Hitler is up for rent
hitler-1.jpg

So Jeremy won.

... yep. Jeremy won ... convincingly so, too.

I hope he enjoys the victory, and savours it. He should. He'll be earning a famine of them, as of now.

You really have to 'admire' the Labour Party's utter determination to keep itself in the political wilderness. A Corbyn win is a gift to the Conservatives. We will most definitely see an equivalent of the Michael Foot days, back in the Eighties, where infighting made Labour unelectable back then.

As for Corbyn .. he's a con artist. He's happy to have it perceived by those not old enough to know differently, that his approach is a 'new' or 'fresh' one. In fact, it's anything BUT ... all he offers are the bad old days before Labour moderated itself and became electable, post-Foot. Essentially the same older policies. Undoubtedly a display of an old-style Leftie who wants Labour to forget all the lessons it SHOULD have learned, and force Labour to become its older and useless self.

Well .. I'm no Leftie, and I for one am delighted that Labour is so firmly set upon its destructive path. Let them remain unelectable for a generation ... or more. In fact, let's see Labour fracture and disintegrate, once and for all !!

I'd like to see a decent and robust opposition party.

indestructibles.jpg

Not necessarily. Since the traditional antisemitic canards rely on spinning Jews as rich and powerful, manipulative and sneaky, and with undue power over others, it appeals to worthless individuals of all stripes looking for a convenient scapegoat for all their own shortcomings. The disgruntled, the paranoid schizophrenics, those suffering from a Joan of Ark complex -- all concentrate their attention on Jews as there is already such a ready-made wealth of material out there for them to utilize.

As far as culture is concerned, it is often less a matter of culture than a mere PART of the culture. Leftists are increasingly hostile to Jews because it is fashionable and they are seeking approval from other leftists. The United states, as a whole, is not antisemitic, but levels of antisemitism run very high in the black community, fast increasing portions of the left, and a small vestige of the paleocon and white supremacist portion of the right. Since Europe is dominated by leftist politics, the levels of antisemitism run much higher.

I don't think it's as simple as "fashionable" but I actually agree with parts of what you say.

I think anti-semitism is cultural in large part. It's taught and passed on in a culture. That's why it has never completely disappeared.

I think anti-semitism is one component of a broader need to scapegoat and scapegoats will always be whatever relatively powerless minority exists. In addition, a minority that is seen to be insular, and outside of the mainstream culture, will be even more likely to be scapegoated. I don't see it as a left vs right situation. What I see as different is that it has always been the provenance of the right before, and now we are seeing it also in the left. The right is cloaking it in anti-Muslim rhetoric but the followers still spout the same old canards.

I think the fact that levels of anti-semitism are much higher in Europe is not because of leftist politics but because of history. Europe has had a strongly entrenched history of antisemitism - that resulted in expulsions, pogroms, lack of rights and forced conversions of non-Christians, in particular Jews. The US, Canada, Australia - while it's had anti-senmitism, never had that history. WW2 after all, was European.

But I agree it is a part of the culture - an ugly part, that is kept largely out of sight until stresses give it strength and voice.

Scapegoating a religious, ethnic or racial group is unfortunately very human. They are viewed as "outside" and when nationaism rises - outsiders suffer. It doesn't matter what group it is...it's wrong, dangerous and tragic.

An example:
"A house which looks like Adolf Hitler has been put up to let – and you can move into the Fuhrer for rent flat for just £85 a week.
The notorious ‘Hitler House’ is a tourist attraction because its sloping roof looks like the Nazi leader’s side-parting hair and front door lintel like his toothbrush moustache.
Retired university worker Clive Davies, 70, reckons it is a snip at £85 a week – even with the Hitler lookalike reputation."
View attachment 90884

That's ages old news.

An example:
View attachment 90884

That's ages old news.

There is a young rumor that refutes this?

The US was just as anti semitic as Europe was if you look at the facts. The US government knew all about the treatment of the Jews as far back as the mid 1930's and refused all but the rich the right to migrate. So much so the canard was send us your unwanted as long as they are not Jews. This is why so many ended up mass murdered in the camps of Eastern Europe because they had nowhere to go. The US decided that granting them a small plot of land in the M.E. was enough, and saw that it was just like the deal done with the first nations. The right see the muslims the same way the US saw the Japanese during WW2, and cant understand their cultural differences when it comes to war and violence. Could you see yourself teaching your child to slit the throat of a man by having them slit the throats of goats and sheep under the pretext of it being a religious obligation

I agree, the US was very antisemitic and it is a huge huge shame on our nation that we turned away Jewish refugees. But we didn't set up concentration camps, and we didn't kill them in gas chambers. We were "isolationist", didn't want to get involved, and they were "Jews", with all that implied in the antisemitic rhetoric of the time. Opponents (on both the right and left) claimed Nazi and Commie infiltrators would sneak in with them and we couldn't afford the risk. And anyway they were "Jews". How many might not have died if we had taken in more refugees? That, and the internment of innocent American citizens will be an everlasting badge of shame for that era in our history. Even the US Jewish community turned away from them at first. For one, because American Jews kept their heads down, did not want to cause trouble or do anything to attract attention on themselves, and secondly - many of the refugees were East European - people considered backwards, dirty, uneducated, superstitous and impoverished. Very different culturally from American Jews. It wasn't until after we turned away the St. Louis, and sent people back to a certain death that the American Jewish community began to speak out in force to influence politicians.

This is something we should always remember doing, and never do it again. But I doubt that will happen.

From The Independent.

More maybe: later.

How it is possible to guarantee the complexion of another’s soul when our own are such mysteries to us, I don't know. Speaking generally, it is easier these days, anyway, to hate Israel rather than Jews, since you get the same frisson with none of the guilt. Besides, anti-Semitism need not be the worst of crimes. Depends on the variety you espouse. Not every anti-Semite is Joseph Goebbels. You can not like Jews much and be no great harm to them.

I think that it is likely that some people feel that way, hating Israel provides them a way of "legitimizing" their anti-semitism. However, it's also all too easy for that label to spill over and silence legitimate criticism of Israel's policies. For example - labeling the BDS movement as across the board anti-semitism.

I DO find it unsettling to see areas declaring themselves "free" of Israeli products...that speaks to a larger undercurrent that demonizes rather than seeks actual resolution. I also find that, as in the article I posted, that the BDS campaign ignores the complexities of the situation and ignores the Palestinians own role in the conflict.
The crazy thing is that Jewish people make common cause with these people against Muslims. When the hard right has disposed of the Muslims they will go for the Jews next.

Of course they will - going after Muslims simply gives them political legitimacy. It hasn't changed any of their underlying anti-semitism.

I also am not sure that many Jews are really falling for it. But in some countries, like France, where Jews have been targeted by Muslim antisemitism in attacks, there is probably a lot of fear and uncertainty and any party that can promise and promote security is going to be considered carefully. Of course, it's easy to forget that when Muslim extremists targeted Jews in a grocery store, it was a Muslim worker there that hid them. Rhetoric makes non distinctions.

From The Independent.

More maybe: later.

How it is possible to guarantee the complexion of another’s soul when our own are such mysteries to us, I don't know. Speaking generally, it is easier these days, anyway, to hate Israel rather than Jews, since you get the same frisson with none of the guilt. Besides, anti-Semitism need not be the worst of crimes. Depends on the variety you espouse. Not every anti-Semite is Joseph Goebbels. You can not like Jews much and be no great harm to them.

I think that it is likely that some people feel that way, hating Israel provides them a way of "legitimizing" their anti-semitism. However, it's also all too easy for that label to spill over and silence legitimate criticism of Israel's policies. For example - labeling the BDS movement as across the board anti-semitism.

I DO find it unsettling to see areas declaring themselves "free" of Israeli products...that speaks to a larger undercurrent that demonizes rather than seeks actual resolution. I also find that, as in the article I posted, that the BDS campaign ignores the complexities of the situation and ignores the Palestinians own role in the conflict.
The crazy thing is that Jewish people make common cause with these people against Muslims. When the hard right has disposed of the Muslims they will go for the Jews next.

More flamboyant nonsense.

I don't think so.

This is a long article, but it is very enlightening - taking a hard look at the interaction of rightwing antisemitism, Islamic antisemitism, and leftwing antisemitism. It makes some really good points particularly for those who thinks it's only the left or the right or the Muslims.

Is It Time for the Jews to Leave Europe?

Israel fumes over Norwegian theater boycott video

Artists release clip falsely claiming to be by Norway’s National Theater, in which it says it’s terminating cooperation with its Israeli counterpart over ‘apartheid’.

Israel fumes over Norwegian theater boycott video

They want to go per falsehood way is to the finish? :) For who this is good? Who loves that, when are cheated? Pitiable team.
"Norwegian news site Vartoland said Roll and fellow actor Marius von der Fehr were behind the film, which expressed their opinion. Roll said their intention was to trick people into thinking the statement was made by the theater."

Lord Mitchell quits Labour over Jeremy Corbyn’s ‘lukewarm approach to anti-semitism
JEREMY Corbyn today faced fresh accusations of tolerating anti-semitism after he rejected criticism from a senior Jewish peer who quit the party.
By ALISON LITTLE
PUBLISHED: 14:36, Sun, Sep 25, 2016 | UPDATED: 15:04, Sun, Sep 25, 2016

KKS-714204.jpg
GETTY

Lord Mitchell quits Labour party over Jeremy Corbyn's 'lukewarm' approach to anti-semitism
Lord Mitchell said he was leaving largely because of anti-semitism in Labour which Mr Corbyn was "lukewarm" about tackling....

....Karen Pollock, chief executive of the Holocaust Educational Trust, commented furiously on her personal Twitter account: "I just find astonishing. A Jew says it's hard being a Jew & supporter of Israel in the party. He's told 'he' needs to reflect..."

He [Lord Mitchel] added: "I'm Jewish and I'm very strongly Jewish and I make no bones about it, and there's no doubt in my mind that Jeremy himself is very lukewarm on this subject.

"He's never been as vociferous in condemning anti-Semitism as he should be, and when he does make a mention of it he combines it with other forms of racism, so he will never say specifically as far as anti-Semitism is concerned.

"But even more than that, he surrounds himself with a coterie of people who hold violent, violent anti-Israel views and allied with it they are very hostile to Jews so, in my view, they're pretty bad guys."

"I think it's very difficult if you are Jewish and you support Israel to be a member of the Labour Party."

Lord Mitchell quits Labour over Jeremy Corbyn’s ‘lukewarm approach to anti-semitism

JEREMY Corbyn today faced fresh accusations of tolerating anti-semitism after he rejected criticism from a senior Jewish peer who quit the party.
By ALISON LITTLE
PUBLISHED: 14:36, Sun, Sep 25, 2016 | UPDATED: 15:04, Sun, Sep 25, 2016

KKS-714204.jpg
GETTY

Lord Mitchell quits Labour party over Jeremy Corbyn's 'lukewarm' approach to anti-semitism
Lord Mitchell said he was leaving largely because of anti-semitism in Labour which Mr Corbyn was "lukewarm" about tackling....

....Karen Pollock, chief executive of the Holocaust Educational Trust, commented furiously on her personal Twitter account: "I just find astonishing. A Jew says it's hard being a Jew & supporter of Israel in the party. He's told 'he' needs to reflect..."

He [Lord Mitchel] added: "I'm Jewish and I'm very strongly Jewish and I make no bones about it, and there's no doubt in my mind that Jeremy himself is very lukewarm on this subject.

"He's never been as vociferous in condemning anti-Semitism as he should be, and when he does make a mention of it he combines it with other forms of racism, so he will never say specifically as far as anti-Semitism is concerned.

"But even more than that, he surrounds himself with a coterie of people who hold violent, violent anti-Israel views and allied with it they are very hostile to Jews so, in my view, they're pretty bad guys."

"I think it's very difficult if you are Jewish and you support Israel to be a member of the Labour Party."

I watched him today. I didn't realise he was Jewish.

Anyone wanting to boycott Israeli products should: First, remove all Intel Pentium and Celeron computer processor chips from personal computers (desktops, laptops and notebooks) as these were either developed or manufactured in Israel. Note that the revolutionary new Ivy Bridge processor will be manufactured in Israel. Any computers running the Windows XT operating system must be turned off immediately as this was developed in Israel.

All current Microsoft operating systems are not to be used as Microsoft is heavily reliant on its Israel R&D centre. Step 2. Any computers that still work need to have their anti-virus software and personal firewalls removed as this technology originated in Israel. The organisation’s firewall will also need to be switched off.

And that's just scratching the surface.

Anyone wanting to boycott Israeli products should: First, remove all Intel Pentium and Celeron computer processor chips from personal computers (desktops, laptops and notebooks) as these were either developed or manufactured in Israel. Note that the revolutionary new Ivy Bridge processor will be manufactured in Israel. Any computers running the Windows XT operating system must be turned off immediately as this was developed in Israel.

All current Microsoft operating systems are not to be used as Microsoft is heavily reliant on its Israel R&D centre. Step 2. Any computers that still work need to have their anti-virus software and personal firewalls removed as this technology originated in Israel. The organisation’s firewall will also need to be switched off.

And give up their mobiles.

No one is actually boycotting Israel. Not the Europeans. Not the American Studies Professors. Not Saudi Arabia. Not even Roger Waters. There is not a single human being on this planet that has access to electricity and the internet that actually boycotts all Israeli products. How do I know this? The same way you all know it: they all have cell phones, and there isn't a cell phone manufactured today that does not contain Israeli hardware or software or both. ...

The JPost

And give up their mobiles.

No one is actually boycotting Israel. Not the Europeans. Not the American Studies Professors. Not Saudi Arabia. Not even Roger Waters. There is not a single human being on this planet that has access to electricity and the internet that actually boycotts all Israeli products. How do I know this? The same way you all know it: they all have cell phones, and there isn't a cell phone manufactured today that does not contain Israeli hardware or software or both. ...

The JPost

Then there's the health.

Health. Destroy all personal medication. Israel’s Teva Pharmaceuticals, the largest generic drugs company in the world, will have manufactured many of your medicines.

Forum List

Back