The Very Word "Confederate" Is Laden With Negative Connotation

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
In my readings today I came across a wonderful psalm, Psalm 83 which reads...

1. Keep not thou silence, O God: hold not thy peace, and be not still, O God.
  2. For, lo, thine enemies make a tumult: and they that hate thee have lifted up the head.
  3. They have taken crafty counsel against thy people, and consulted against thy hidden ones.
  4. They have said, Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation; that the name of Israel may be no more in remembrance.
  5. For they have consulted together with one consent: they are confederate against thee:
  6. The tabernacles of Edom, and the Ishmaelites; of Moab, and the Hagarenes;
  7. Gebal, and Ammon, and Amalek; the Philistines with the inhabitants of Tyre;
  8. Assur also is joined with them: they have holpen the children of Lot. Selah.
  9. Do unto them as unto the Midianites; as to Sisera, as to Jabin, at the brook of Kison:
  10. Which perished at Endor: they became as dung for the earth.
  11. Make their nobles like Oreb, and like Zeeb: yea, all their princes as Zebah, and as Zalmunna:
  12. Who said, Let us take to ourselves the houses of God in possession.
  13. O my God, make them like a wheel; as the stubble before the wind.
  14. As the fire burneth a wood, and as the flame setteth the mountains on fire;
  15. So persecute them with thy tempest, and make them afraid with thy storm.
  16. Fill their faces with shame; that they may seek thy name, O Lord.
  17. Let them be confounded and troubled for ever; yea, let them be put to shame, and perish:
  18. That men may know that thou, whose name alone is Jehovah, art the most high over all the earth.
Source: Bible Gateway passage: Psalm 83 - King James Version

So the negativity goes back to biblical days.

Then I looked up the definition of the word and I got...

confederate

[adjective, noun kuh n-fed-er-it, -fed-rit; verb kuh n-fed-uh-reyt]
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
adjective
united in a league, alliance, or conspiracy.
(initial capital letter) of or relating to the Confederate States ofAmerica:
the Confederate army.
noun
a person, group, nation, etc., united with others in a confederacy; anally.
an accomplice, especially in a mischievous or criminal act.
(initial capital letter) U.S. History. a supporter of the ConfederateStates of America.
verb (used with or without object), confederated,confederating.
to unite in a league, alliance, or conspiracy.
Source: the definition of confederate

And this is who many, if not most, on the right are aligning themselves with and/or defending.

It does't bode well for the future. It really doesn't.

Last edited:
Does it trigger you? Give you the shakes and the need for a safe space?
1385.gif

2. For, lo, thine enemies make a tumult: and they that hate thee have lifted up the head.
  3. They have taken crafty counsel against thy people, and consulted against thy hidden ones.
  4. They have said, Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation; that the name of Israel may be no more in remembrance.
  5. For they have consulted together with one consent: they are confederate against thee:
  9. Do unto them as unto the Midianites; as to Sisera, as to Jabin, at the brook of Kison:
  11. Make their nobles like Oreb, and like Zeeb: yea, all their princes as Zebah, and as Zalmunna:
  17. Let them be confounded and troubled for ever; yea, let them be put to shame, and perish:
  18. That men may know that thou, whose name alone is Jehovah, art the most high over all the earth.

confederate

adjective
the Confederate army.
noun
(initial capital letter) U.S. History. a supporter of the ConfederateStates of America.

And this is who many, if not most, on the right are aligning themselves with and/or defending.

We should have sent them back to Europe if they weren't willing to live the American way. We don't let Muslims come here and mutilate genitals so why would we allow slave owners to fly that confederate flag around. You lost. Burn the fucking flag. It's like waiving a nazi or ISIS flag.

confederate

adjective
the Confederate army.
noun

We should have sent them back to Europe if they weren't willing to live the American way. We don't let Muslims come here and mutilate genitals so why would we allow slave owners to fly that confederate flag around. You lost. Burn the fucking flag. It's like waiving a nazi or ISIS flag.
Do you think the same about the American flag. It flew over slavery. Let's see if your consistent or a hypocrite.

confederate

adjective
the Confederate army.
noun

American+flag+KKK.jpg

The proper word is "secessionist". Like those leftist morons in California want to do. Except no other state is stupid enough to go along with them, so they'll never amount to a confederacy.

The proper word is "secessionist". Like those leftist morons in California want to do. Except no other state is stupid enough to go along with them, so they'll never amount to a confederacy.

No, they don't want to do that in CA. The CA secession effort was spearheaded by a guy who now lives in Russia. The CA secession effort was a Russian Active Measure meant to undermine our Union.

Confederate = Nazi = Teabag = Klansman = Alt-Right = Conservative = Republican

Different polish, same turd.

No, they don't want to do that in CA. The CA secession effort was spearheaded by a guy who now lives in Russia. The CA secession effort was a Russian Active Measure meant to undermine our Union.

You are misinformed. Calexit is still on, and they have 180 days to collect petition signatures, for the measure to appear on the ballot in 2018.

Supporter Of California Secession Movement: ‘Our Values Are Different’ Than The United States -

You are misinformed. Calexit is still on, and they have 180 days to collect petition signatures, for the measure to appear on the ballot in 2018.

No, you are misinformed. The guy who spearheaded that effort now lives in Russia, moving there after his attempt at Calexit was smacked down by rational people. He was basically a troll.

From CNN, April 19th, 2017:
Calexit leader quits secession effort to make his home in Russia
Wed April 19, 2017

The Russia-based leader of a Calexit campaign has backed off efforts seeking California's secession from the United States and announced that he intends to "make Russia my new home."

The Order, National Alliance are other names. Check out Kevin Alfred Strom.

I kinda lumped those guys in with Nazis, but sure! Them too.
National Vanguard, they are all one of the same. Different names just makes us think they are smaller than they really are. They are very much alive and well.

Appeal for Katrina aid carries an ugly message

A neo-Nazi group hands out fliers in Brooksville that ask for support for white victims only.

By MICHAEL KRUSE
Published September 14, 2005

BROOKSVILLE - Joe Quinn got one.

So did Leslie Taylor.

And a bunch of other people who were downtown on Saturday afternoon for the monthly Band Shell Bash concert.

The fliers started to show up in the early evening.

The headline: "Support White victims of Hurricane Katrina."

The message: "to bring hope to our people - who have become the forgotten men and women of this disaster . . ."

At the bottom of the flier, in bold, black print, was the tag of the National Vanguard Tampa Unit, a branch of a national neo-Nazi, white supremacist group.

Saturday, five members of the group made stops in Hudson and Dunedin, but Brooksville was their first stop and the No. 1 priority, said Todd Weingart, the 27-year-old St. Petersburg resident who is National Vanguard's Tampa Bay Unit coordinator.

WebCite query result

confederate

adjective
the Confederate army.
noun

Do you think the same about the American flag. It flew over slavery. Let's see if your consistent or a hypocrite.

The confederate flag was never a US flag. The 13 stripes represents the first 13 colonies in the US flag.

No, you are misinformed. The guy who spearheaded that effort now lives in Russia, moving there after his attempt at Calexit was smacked down by rational people. He was basically a troll.

From CNN, April 19th, 2017:
Calexit leader quits secession effort to make his home in Russia
Wed April 19, 2017

The Russia-based leader of a Calexit campaign has backed off efforts seeking California's secession from the United States and announced that he intends to "make Russia my new home."

Calexit may be on hold for now, but there are other wacko leftist secessionist groups in California.

The dream of an independent California marches on | California National Party

New Topics

Forum List

Back