The USA's Great Proud Just History.

Mass murdering innocent civilians is nothing to be proud of.
You are not proud that we won World War II? That is what is being discussed. Civilians will always be killed during war. That is one aspect of war. Why should I not feel proud, that the USA won, simply because people died? I guess, you are so wise you could fight a war in which nobody dies??

..there is already a thread on the bombings
This is a thread were we can celebrate being proud of winning World War II. I started this thread on the 75th anniversary of the bombing of Japan.

I intend to add some other nice things to be proud of, but maybe I will use the same title and add the topic I love.

Either way, there is no thread celebrating the 75th anniversary of this particular part of our history.

Mass murdering innocent civilians is nothing to be proud of.
You are not proud that we won World War II? That is what is being discussed. Civilians will always be killed during war. That is one aspect of war. Why should I not feel proud, that the USA won, simply because people died? I guess, you are so wise you could fight a war in which nobody dies??
I’m am most certainly not proud of the way we won WWII and I know if FDR wasn’t such a scumbag, we never would have entered WWII.

If you’re proud of mass murdering hundreds of thousands of civilians, you’re a dumb ass.

I’m am most certainly not proud of the way we won WWII and I know if FDR wasn’t such a scumbag, we never would have entered WWII.

If you’re proud of mass murdering hundreds of thousands of civilians, you’re a dumb ass.
I am proud, that we ended the war, and that we ended the war as quickly as we could with a great leap in technology. I certainly hate the idea that war is war. I am not proud that innocent die. But that is much different than being proud of how we won. The bombs being the final part of a great effort.

This part of your comment I find more interesting. Something that I may not know as much about as I should. The history of World War II is huge and the events leading to are wide and varied.

I do not like how FDR supported Russia.

How was he a scumbag that got us in the war. This is not a setup or attempt to draw you into something were a flame you. I am simply curious.

Could we of not fought, not contributed? Would we not end up fighting against Hitler one year, had we did nothing to stop him?

This part of your comment I find more interesting. Something that I may not know as much about as I should. The history of World War II is huge and the events leading to are wide and varied.

I do not like how FDR supported Russia.

How was he a scumbag that got us in the war. This is not a setup or attempt to draw you into something were a flame you. I am simply curious.

Could we of not fought, not contributed? Would we not end up fighting against Hitler one year, had we did nothing to stop him?
No. Hitler has no intentions of world domination, this is propaganda. He wanted to take out the USSR and expand Germany eastward. Had we stayed out of the war, he and Stalin would have fought it out.

Had FDR not imposed draconian sanctions on Japan, while increasing our military presence in the Far East, Japan doesn’t attack us. Thus we avoid war with Japan.

Had FDR not imposed draconian sanctions on Japan, while increasing our military presence in the Far East, Japan doesn’t attack us. Thus we avoid war with Japan.
That most likely is true.

I dont know about the rest of what you wrote, maybe I will do some reading on Hitler and see what I thinks, simply for the fun of it. Not as a topic or part of this OP.

..there is already a thread on the bombings
This is a thread were we can celebrate being proud of winning World War II. I started this thread on the 75th anniversary of the bombing of Japan.

I intend to add some other nice things to be proud of, but maybe I will use the same title and add the topic I love.

Either way, there is no thread celebrating the 75th anniversary of this particular part of our history.
..yes, so they should deleted the posts on the bombings

..yes, so they should deleted the posts on the bombings
Many threads overlap other threads in many ways. We can be proud of bombing Japan. It was a huge technological advance. They are weapons, that if we ever need again, we have to use. Forcing Japan to surrender, what a wonderful thing.

I am proud. I have the opportunity to talk to World War II veterans next weekend. I am going to take my son and have nice discussions. I will bring up the bomb in the context of the revisionist history. I will be very interested in their opinions. As old as they are it will one of my last opportunities to learn from them. They will love sharing their experiences with my teenage boys. They have in the past. No greater people exist in this world.

... We can be proud of bombing Japan. .....

Anyone "proud" of deliberately targeting and killing hundreds of thousands of unarmed civilians is not a real American, and not much of a human being for that matter. Being "proud" of incinerating hundreds of thousands of women, children, and the elderly is not about historical geo-political conflicts or ending the war, it is about someone who is utterly bankrupt morally.

Anyone "proud" of deliberately targeting and killing hundreds of thousands of unarmed civilians is not a real American, and not much of a human being for that matter. Being "proud" of incinerating hundreds of thousands of women, children, and the elderly is not about historical geo-political conflicts or ending the war, it is about someone who is utterly bankrupt morally.
The targets were military, and during Japan World War II, we fought a nation, not just men in uniform. Everybody capable took part in the war.

It is ridiculous to describe the bombing of Nagasaki and Hiroshima simply as the targeting of unarmed civilians.

Many of those civilians, manufactured "arms". Or repaired the warships, or fed the guards that killed the POW's. Hardly innocents.

Who and what was the real threat to the U.S. in August of 1945?
Japan, was still a threat? Certainly the held prisoners of war. They had ships and planes. They had the means to defend themselves. They had millions of men in the Army.

Of course that changes after we dropped the bombs.

The targets were military....

Bullshit. They were heavily populated civilian areas. That is one reason they were chosen. When almost every civilian structure (including schools, of course) and well over 100,000 more civilians than soldiers are killed, that was not a military target.

The atomic bombing of Japan was not necessary.
There were only three alternatives to nuking Japan. All three would have resulted in greater losses of Japanese lives. First, invasion, estimates were nearly a million Americans wounded and killed and at least tens of millions Japanese both civilian and military wounded and killed. Second, blockade, thousands of allied POWS would be killed and tens to hundreds of thousands civilians on the Asian mainland would be killed plus thousands of Chinese troops and again tens of million Japanese civilians and military would starve to death. Third, accept the Japanese terms of return to status quo ante of December 5th 1941 with no war crimes trials and little disarmament and the militarists still in control of Japan resulting in another war in thirty or so years just as happened with Germany after WWI. That would result in millions of allied casualties both civilian and military and more millions of Japanese deaths even if Japan won and more if it lost.

... We can be proud of bombing Japan. .....

Bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki was no different than bombing Toyko, Nagoya, Bremerhaven, Berlin, Hamburg, Rome, Florence or any other Axis city. Or on the other side, London, Birmingham, Warsaw (which wasn't even defended as it had been declared an open city) Manila, Shanghai, Hong Kong or any of the other hundreds of allied cities bombed by the Axis powers. Bombing cities in WWII was indiscriminate and was done by both sides. But you might notice that the first city bombed by the Germans in WWII was the open city of Warsaw and the Japanese were bombing defenseless Chinese cities long before they attacked the USA.

Forum List

Back