The USA Now has just 25 days of diesel supply

Thunk

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2019
Minnesota
The US now has just 25 days of diesel supply — the lowest since 2008. Here's why that's more alarming than a dwindling 'oil piggy bank'

The U.S. is facing a diesel crunch just as demand is surging ahead of winter — with only 25 days of supply left, according to the Energy Information Administration.

National Economic Council Director Brian Deese told Bloomberg TV that diesel inventories are “unacceptably low” and “all options are on the table” to bolster supply and reduce prices.

However, even as the stockpiles are being drained, the Biden administration seems to be left with very few sustainable options for long-term relief.

KEEP VOTING DEMOCRAT!!!

Pretty much "normal"....Think of it as "on time delivery", it costs money if it's not moving.
I am a believer in JIT (just in time) but 25 days, if that is accurate is not much margin to play on and might not cover regional needs, especially if there is a further supply chain snafu affecting production or distribution. The US is a big damn place.

My God, first reported 8 days ago means we're down to just 17 days......

beaker-fire.gif

Last edited:

"Citing ship-movement data from Vortexa, Argus said that diesel exports averaged 1.45 million barrels per day (b/d) from July 1-13, more than in any month since July 2017."

Profit is the American way.

There was a time when we banned exports. In America that led to more imports.

They aren't stupid. They know exactly what they're doing. It wouldn't be so scary if they were just being stupid.

Don't they think there will be consequences? I mean even if it is part of some kind of a plan, do they think they won't be held accountable?

I just don't see the logic behind deliberately bringing the whole country to a screeching halt right before a midterm election.

Don't they think there will be consequences? I mean even if it is part of some kind of a plan, do they think they won't be held accountable?

I just don't see the logic behind deliberately bringing the whole country to a screeching halt.
Communism has always been born from chaos. This is the Cloward-Pliven plan: collapse the system so the Leftists can take total control.

Communism has always been born from chaos. This is the Cloward-Pliven plan: collapse the system so the Leftists can take total control.

Take control of what? A country that has 320 million pissed off people and an equal number of guns? If this is some kind of a game they're playing, it's a dangerous one. Not to mention, China is sitting there liking its lips while we run out of fuel to not only keep the economy moving, but to supply the military. I'm not convinced that it's any more than incompetence and stupidity on the part of this administration. Like Barack Obama said "Don't underestimate Joe's ability to fuck things up", which he seems to be doing.

Well this is some happy horeseshit. An article in carscoops.com dated yesterday says that "Two ships carrying approximately 1 million barrels of diesel will soon arrive in New York after being diverted from their original destinations in Europe."

https://www.carscoops.com/2022/10/u-s-has-just-25-days-supply-of-diesel-but-more-is-coming/

Unfortunately, the US consumption of diesel fuel amounted to around 4.02 million barrels per day in October 2022...

U.S. monthly diesel consumption 2022 | Statista

Take control of what? A country that has 320 million pissed off people and an equal number of guns? If this is some kind of a game they're playing, it's a dangerous one. Not to mention, China is sitting there liking its lips while we run out of fuel to not only keep the economy moving, but to supply the military. I'm not convinced that it's any more than incompetence and stupidity on the part of this administration. Like Barack Obama said "Don't underestimate Joe's ability to fuck things up", which he seems to be doing.
I'm not saying it'll work...lol

The US now has just 25 days of diesel supply — the lowest since 2008. Here's why that's more alarming than a dwindling 'oil piggy bank'

The U.S. is facing a diesel crunch just as demand is surging ahead of winter — with only 25 days of supply left, according to the Energy Information Administration.

National Economic Council Director Brian Deese told Bloomberg TV that diesel inventories are “unacceptably low” and “all options are on the table” to bolster supply and reduce prices.

However, even as the stockpiles are being drained, the Biden administration seems to be left with very few sustainable options for long-term relief.

KEEP VOTING DEMOCRAT!!!

Oh look, the 14th thread on this topic.

They simply don't want to pay to store it.
You could be right. But if so, it sounds like people putting more faith in petroleum supply train logistics than that industry has been worthy of since the beginning of the Covid Epidemic, and a strategy that guarantees highest price on shorter supply. But maybe that just is me? I have never been remotely connected to that industry.

You could be right. But if so, it sounds like people putting more faith in petroleum supply train logistics than that industry has been worthy of since the beginning of the Covid Epidemic, and a strategy that guarantees highest price on shorter supply. But maybe that just is me? I have never been remotely connected to that industry.
I stated in another one of these never ending threads that I got my info from a guy that's in the industry.....So it's second hand, take it for what it's worth.

You realize this OP is pure, hysterical bullshit right?

The U.S. military never runs out of diesel.....or anything else it needs.

So why should the U.S.?

Forum List

Back