The US Economy Continues Its Collapse

It bothers me that I read a news article this morning that said Sanders lacks name recognition among prospective voters.

How serious is the voter who doesn't know who Sanders is? Does this explain the crappy politicians we send to Washington? Voters don't know anything?

It bothers me that I read a news article this morning that said Sanders lacks name recognition among prospective voters.

How serious is the voter who doesn't know who Sanders is? Does this explain the crappy politicians we send to Washington? Voters don't know anything?

Sanders "lacks name recognition" because the mass media are refusing to cover his campaign. They have good reason to want him to go away: he is not working for them. They desperately want Hillary to win.

Bernie Sanders is blatantly anti-monopolist and will work to end corporate subsidies of political campaigns. He is extremely outspoken about the political influence wielded by the top 1% of the 1% -- the Kochs and ALEC in particular -- and the corporations and banks. One of his most oft-repeated quotes is, "Banks that are too big to fail are too big to exist. Break 'em up!"

He's against the Trans-Pacific Partnership, that secret trade deal that would allow corporations to sue nations that don't put their profits first. He's against the Citizens United decision, which says that corporations are people and their money is "free speech", giving them the RIGHT to buy our politicians. (If your state has not yet ratified the constitutional amendment to overturn that decision, find out why and do what you can to help it along.)

In spite of the media blackout, Bernie Sanders is already so popular that his rallies are drawing record-breaking crowds only four months into his campaign. In the last five days alone his national popularity rose by 3%, while Hillary's fell 5%. There's still a big gap to close, but it's narrowing fast.

Here are the latest poll results from RealClearPolitics:

rcp2015-08-19-jpg.48033

So no, you won't hear about Bernie Sanders on television -- nothing good, anyway -- but if you look on Facebook you'll find very active groups that support him, and plenty of links to his books, rallies, and videos of his speeches.

For a quick rundown of where he stands on the issues, check out FeelTheBern.org

If you have time to do more research, the members of the Facebook group West Coast Bernie Sanders Supporters have posted many links, quotes, and videos.

The best way to learn about Bernie, in my opinion, is to listen to him. Look for videos of his speeches on YouTube. You'll find that he is remarkably consistent over time, with his speeches this year echoing the positions he held back in the 1970s when he first got started in politics.

Here's his recent speech at the Iowa State Fair:

That's as good a place to start as any.

-- Paravani

Attachments

• RCP2015-08-19.JPG
    RCP2015-08-19.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:
When I say our manufacturing has been abandoned I'm not talking about software engineers, a business that employs relatively few compared to the millions of jobs exported along with our smokestack industry.
I'm not talking about software engineers either, I'm talking about skilled blue collar trades. Machinists, welders, etc.

The United States has a shortage of skilled trades, to claim people with these skills can't find work is absurd.

Sanders "lacks name recognition" because the mass media are refusing to cover his campaign. They have good reason to want him to go away: he is not working for them. They desperately want Hillary to win.

Bernie Sanders is blatantly anti-monopolist and will work to end corporate subsidies of political campaigns. He is extremely outspoken about the political influence wielded by the top 1% of the 1% -- the Kochs and ALEC in particular -- and the corporations and banks. One of his most oft-repeated quotes is, "Banks that are too big to fail are too big to exist. Break 'em up!"

He's against the Trans-Pacific Partnership, that secret trade deal that would allow corporations to sue nations that don't put their profits first. He's against the Citizens United decision, which says that corporations are people and their money is "free speech", giving them the RIGHT to buy our politicians. (If your state has not yet ratified the constitutional amendment to overturn that decision, find out why and do what you can to help it along.)

In spite of the media blackout, Bernie Sanders is already so popular that his rallies are drawing record-breaking crowds only four months into his campaign. In the last five days alone his national popularity rose by 3%, while Hillary's fell 5%. There's still a big gap to close, but it's narrowing fast.

Here are the latest poll results from RealClearPolitics:

rcp2015-08-19-jpg.48033

So no, you won't hear about Bernie Sanders on television -- nothing good, anyway -- but if you look on Facebook you'll find very active groups that support him, and plenty of links to his books, rallies, and videos of his speeches.

For a quick rundown of where he stands on the issues, check out FeelTheBern.org

If you have time to do more research, the members of the Facebook group West Coast Bernie Sanders Supporters have posted many links, quotes, and videos.

The best way to learn about Bernie, in my opinion, is to listen to him. Look for videos of his speeches on YouTube. You'll find that he is remarkably consistent over time, with his speeches this year echoing the positions he held back in the 1970s when he first got started in politics.

Here's his recent speech at the Iowa State Fair:

That's as good a place to start as any.

-- Paravani

I like Bernie's comments about limiting the influence of big money in politics, but it seems hard to believe that a man who has been in politics since the 1980s and votes 98% with the D Party, will actually do what he says he will.

The light comes on but the bulb is still dim.

Today there are 4,000,000 fewer jobs for Americans aged 25 to 54 than in December 2007.

View attachment 48175

And of course there are 4,000,000 fewer Americans in that age group.

The Fed has refused to raise interest rates, in part, because the labor force participation rate among the working age population is so low thank to Barry's libcommie policies.

I like Bernie's comments about limiting the influence of big money in politics,

1) big money has no influence since both parties have big money
2) big money takes big brains which is far better that having no money and no brains influencing politics.

Today there are 4,000,000 fewer jobs for Americans aged 25 to 54 than in December 2007.

View attachment 48175

The Fed has refused to raise interest rates, in part, because the labor force participation rate among the working age population is so low thank to Barry's libcommie policies.

Um, okay, dude. Still, when someone wails that here are 4,000,000 fewer jobs for an age group whose population has shrunk by roughly the same number, that reeks of hysteria.

View attachment 48175

Um, okay, dude. Still, when someone wails that here are 4,000,000 fewer jobs for an age group whose population has shrunk by roughly the same number, that reeks of hysteria.

he didn't wail, he merely pointed it out and Fed agrees that labor force participation rate is low and thus they have kept interest rates at 0% for years to prop up a failing liberal economy.

View attachment 48175

he didn't wail, he merely pointed it out and Fed agrees that labor force participation rate is low and thus they have kept interest rates at 0% for years to prop up a failing liberal economy.

Participation in the formal economy.

View attachment 48175

?????

View attachment 48175

?????

Labor force participation rate measures participation in the formal economy. It does not measure participation in the informal economy, for instance many self-employed individuals.

?????

Labor force participation rate measures participation in the formal economy. It does not measure participation in the informal economy, for instance many self-employed individuals.

I think the issue is whether LFPR goes up or down which includes whether self employed go up or down

I dearly love the phrase "seasonally adjusted." WTF is that supposed to mean? And, that U3 and U6 BS never explains how people who used to draw a paycheck and now aren't working are not considered "unemployed."

It means the numbers are bullshit.

When you can lower unemployment rates by kicking people out of the workforce count, when you can grow GDP by engaging in massive deficit spending, the numbers are complete 100% high grade fertilizer.

Forum List

Back