The unthinkable scenario.

Colin norris

Platinum Member
Apr 25, 2021
This not to ridicule believers per say but to highlite the quandary religion places them.

The 15 year old daughter comes home to inform mum and dad she thinks she's pregnant. Being still at school, but into her puberty, both parents never thought about it. They had no idea she was srxualbactive and contraceptives were never discussed because it wasn't appropriate.
What do they do.
Options are limited but the few which come to mind is adoption, abortion or rear the child while she finishes school.
Mum and dad are devout Catholics as is the girl. Both parents are hesitant to admit their failure to teach sex education is responsible. The thought of contraception implies their daughter could become promiscuous if she knows of no pregnancies. Good point.

Neither want to look incompetent in the eyes of the church but the whole has issue has closed off their options. The churches laws have been broken if any scenario is followed. Not a good look for a Catholic.
Do they exacerbate the problem by forcing an abortion?
Adoption requires the exposing the girl to ridicule by the community, as they usually do.
So they could think of rearing the child and not care about what people think.

My point is how do this family reconcile this to their God? What is father soandso gonna say when they resume Sunday church knowing they have broken church laws but rock up as if nothing has happened.

Alternatively, they could stay away for ever and suffer the embarrassment brought on by their only daughter but still yearn to attend church.

Is it appropriate they be forgiven and by whom? How do they know forgiveness was given? By email etc? The priest can't do it because the parents have done nothing, to be precise, but protect the girl.

This whole problem is exploded into mental anguish simply because of religion. That's ok, but should they be so rigid to religion under these circumstances?

So, the debating point is, as a believer of any faith, what would you do?

Personally, as an atheist, I have every scenario open to me without the guilt of religion persuading me in any direction.
Having said that, so should these parents but they can't because of their beliefs.

Make of it What you will. Its a scenario which hapoens frequently. What do you all think?

The keyword is devout. There are devout RC around, but it's the fundies and evangelicals that are into contraception(s) is a dirty word.

This not to ridicule believers per say but to highlite the quandary religion places them.

The 15 year old daughter comes home to inform mum and dad she thinks she's pregnant. Being still at school, but into her puberty, both parents never thought about it. They had no idea she was srxualbactive and contraceptives were never discussed because it wasn't appropriate.
What do they do.
Options are limited but the few which come to mind is adoption, abortion or rear the child while she finishes school.
Mum and dad are devout Catholics as is the girl. Both parents are hesitant to admit their failure to teach sex education is responsible. The thought of contraception implies their daughter could become promiscuous if she knows of no pregnancies. Good point.

Neither want to look incompetent in the eyes of the church but the whole has issue has closed off their options. The churches laws have been broken if any scenario is followed. Not a good look for a Catholic.
Adoption requires the exposing the girl to ridicule by the community, as they usually do.

My point is how do this family reconcile this to their God? What is father soandso gonna say when they resume Sunday church knowing they have broken church laws but rock up as if nothing has happened.

Alternatively, they could stay away for ever and suffer the embarrassment brought on by their only daughter but still yearn to attend church.

Is it appropriate they be forgiven and by whom? How do they know forgiveness was given? By email etc? The priest can't do it because the parents have done nothing, to be precise, but protect the girl.

This whole problem is exploded into mental anguish simply because of religion. That's ok, but should they be so rigid to religion under these circumstances?

Personally, as an atheist, I have every scenario open to me without the guilt of religion persuading me in any direction.
Having said that, so should these parents but they can't because of their beliefs.

Make of it What you will. Its a scenario which hapoens frequently. What do you all think?
The stigma of teen pregnancy isn‘t what it used to be

What do they do.

The false premise contained within this "hypothetical"? A pretense that this entire thread was drafted by a secular humanist while pretending that Social Shame would never enter their decision making process in dismissing human life as nothing more than an "inconvenient" social accident.

One can but read the very first few sentences and determine.........SOCIAL ACCOLADE and ACCEPTANCE is what dominates this author's entire decision making process.

The solution to this problem? A simple answer to another simple minded false hypothetical: Life is always paramount.....any decision that attempts to repent from this mistake ........must consider the HUMAN LIVES involved first and foremost..........to hell with what society within or without the Church might think that would produce SHAME upon the 2 innocent lives......the mother and the unborn child. What? Should the unborn innocent have to pay for poor parenting with its life when there has not even been an alienable charge, might less a conviction made against this innocent life in relation to any crime against humanity made by this innocent life?

The human secular would pretend that SOCIAL CONVIENCE takes precedence over human life. One has the right to hide their shame by simply sacrificing the innocent on the alter of secular humanism?

Last edited:
The false premise contained within this "hypothetical"? A pretense that this entire thread was drafted by a secular humanist while pretending that Social Shame would never enter their decision making process in dismissing human life as nothing more than an "inconvenient" social accident.

One can but read the very first few sentences and determine.........SOCIAL ACCOLADE and ACCEPTANCE is what dominates this author's entire decision making process.

The solution to this problem? A simple answer to another simple minded false hypothetical: Life is always paramount.....any decision that attempts to repent from this mistake ........must consider the HUMAN LIVES involved first and foremost..........to hell with what society within or without the Church might think that would produce SHAME upon the 2 innocent lives......the mother and the unborn child. What? Should the unborn innocent have to pay for poor parenting with its life when there has not even been an alienable charge, might less a conviction made against this innocent life in relation to any crime against humanity made by this innocent life?

The human secular would pretend that SOCIAL CONVIENCE takes precedence over human life. One has the right to hide their shame by simply sacrificing the innocent on the alter of secular humanism?
Do you believe in contraception?

I noticed the same thing. Well done.

Obviously more concerned about social stigmas than human life, and nearly demanding that to do so is normal and desirable.

I noticed the same thing. Well done.

Obviously more concerned about social stigmas than human life, and nearly demanding that to do so is normal and desirable.
So do you believe in contraception??

Do you believe in contraception?
The use of contraception is not a sin (Its not a sin to plan your family)...........as long as contraception takes place before conception. Any contraception that ABORTS a created human life is murder. There are many methods of contraception, the only fully safe method is abstinence. The actual sin is engaging in any pre-martial sexual relationship.
Sin is sin. Sex outside marriage is immoral as defined in many passages of scripture. Just a few ( Ex. 22:16, Deut. 22:28-29, 1 Cor. 7:1-2, 1 Cor. 7:8-9).

But the only sin that cannot be forgiven when repented is the sin that remains un-repented. Social Inconvenience does not constitute deadly alienation.......i.e., charging someone with a crime worthy of death, a crime against humanity. There is nothing that can be more innocent than an unborn child once conception/life exists. No soul is to be found guilty for the sins of the parents. No mother or father has the right to kill a soul once created, especially for the supposed sin of social inconvenience. As stated in our founding principles, everyone is created equal with the right of life and liberty that is not subject to alienation (legal action, except as defined as JUSTICE). Its certainly not justified to take the life of an unborn child because of the sins of the parents.

"The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not bear the guilt of the father, nor the father the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself; and the wickedness of the wicked upon himself." -- Ez. 18:20

God finds hands that spill innocent blood to be an abomination. (Prov. 6:16-19) Now someone tell me that any human child in a state of gestation does not have Blood with its own unique one of a kind DNA signature that defines HUMAN LIFE. There is no other life on earth that has that exact same DNA signature....from the time of conception forward.

Last edited:
The use of contraception is not a sin (Its not a sin to plan your family)...........as long as contraception takes place before conception. Any contraception that ABORTS a created human life is murder. There are many methods of contraception, the only fully safe method is abstinence. The actual sin is engaging in any pre-martial sexual relationship.
Sin is sin. Sex outside marriage is immoral as defined in many passages of scripture. Just a few ( Ex. 22:16, Deut. 22:28-29, 1 Cor. 7:1-2, 1 Cor. 7:8-9).

But the only sin that cannot be forgiven when repented is the sin that remains un-repented. Social Inconvenience does not constitute deadly alienation.......i.e., charging someone with a crime worthy of death, a crime against humanity. There is nothing that can be more innocent than an unborn child once conception/life exists. No soul is to be found guilty for the sins of the parents. No mother or father has the right to kill a soul once created, especially for the supposed sin of social inconvenience. As stated in our founding principles, everyone is created equal with the right of life and liberty that is not subject to alienation (legal action, except as defined as JUSTICE). Its certainly not justified to take the life of an unborn child because of the sins of the parents.

"The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not bear the guilt of the father, nor the father the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself; and the wickedness of the wicked upon himself." -- Ez. 18:20

God finds hands that spill innocent blood to be an abomination. (Prov. 6:16-19) Now someone tell me that any human child in a state of gestation does not have Blood with its own unique one of a kind DNA signature that defines HUMAN LIFE. There is no other life on earth that has that exact same DNA signature....from the time of conception forward.
Is it any business of yours if a female aborts a fetus or not? NO.

What do they do.

The lengths people go to on this board to express their hatred towards Christians is just really sad sometimes.

Colin norris, I'm sorry someone who said they were a religious authority abused you, but you need to move on.

The lengths people go to on this board to express their hatred towards Christians is just really sad sometimes.

Colin norris, I'm sorry someone who said they were a religious authority abused you, but you need to move on.

I have never been abused by anyone and that is a pathetic excuse. But if had been, it is mostly likely to be a religious clergy.
This is the same people you obviously are protecting and the same religion which destroys people's lives for no reason.
If you want to continue along that vein, please continue. Beware, I'm very good at this and will take on all comers.

I have never been abused by anyone and that is a pathetic excuse. But if had been, it is mostly likely to be a religious clergy.
This is the same people you obviously are protecting and the same religion which destroys people's lives for no reason.
If you want to continue along that vein, please continue. Beware, I'm very good at this and will take on all comers.

I don't give a fuck, I'm not Catholic. But I'm sure you can find some jihadi websites where your fellow DemoKKKrats can freely express their hatred for Christianity. Have fun!

I don't give a fuck, I'm not Catholic. But I'm sure you can find some jihadi websites where your fellow DemoKKKrats can freely express their hatred for Christianity. Have fun!
Here we have it. Its all about hatred of democrats.
Why do you republicans feel you have exclusive access to this forum where dissent from democrats should not be allowed. How democratic of you. Do you respect a person's right to religion?
Don't bother trying. You've clearly demonstrated it would easier to teach a Fish to whistle than educate a limited intelligence.

Is it any business of yours if a female aborts a fetus or not?

God calls individuals such as you who support the murder of innocent children........ABOMINATIONS. That truth makes it my business just as it would be if I witnessed the confession of any other murderer. Its not only my duty as a Christian but its a duty to any righteous society. What? :dunno: I should stand by in silence and allow these daily pagan sacrifices at the alter of secular humanism to go unchallenged and expect God to overlook this sin of OMISSION? To hades with your "feelings" or your demand for "accolade".

You do what you wish with your soul...........but don't attempt to judge my soul based upon your attempt to justify any act of IMMORALITY. ;)

Strange is it not that you must attempt to "dehumanize" the conceived human life in the womb and call it a fetus (pretending that its not representative of humanity in the least.....its just a lump of cells that you get to define instead of allowing Science, faith and Logic define it as human life)? Science tells us that within days of conception that so called fetus......has its own unique, one of a kind HUMAN DNA SIGNATURE.

Because you attempt to rationalize and justify the murder of a human child does not conclude with my acceptance of this act of immorality...........legal or not, laws do not establish morality, they reflect morality or the lack thereof by any society.

As a Christian it is my business to point out acts of unrighteousness and warn those who engage in such wontoness action in order to seek the accolade of such an immoral society.

The source of all Christian doctrine (The Holy Scriptures) do not call the unborn child in the womb......at any stage of gestation......a "thing", "a non living clump of cells"......every time the scriptures speak of life within the womb its called a Child, A Babe, A Person........"

John the Baptist was filled with the Holy Spirit of God.....while in his mothers' womb. What did the scriptures call the unborn child within the mother? A thing, a fetus? Hardly, "..........that the BABE leaped in her womb......." -- Luke 1:41 Life begins at conception.......not birth.

What is a scriptural example of God's righteous law when anyone causes harm to come to any unborn child in the womb? "If men fight and hurt a woman with child, so that she gives birth prematurely, yet no harm follows, he shall surely be punished accordingly as the woman's husband imposes on him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. But if any harm follows, then you shall give life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, burn for born, wound for wound, stripe for stripe." -- Ex. 21:22-25.

To be exact........the term for a child in the womb and any child outside the womb is the same. God created life and He should know when it begins. As pointed out.....with consistency throughout the Holy Scriptures, whenever a female has conceived the life in her womb is called a CHILD, A BABY, A SON or A DAUGHTER.....not a non living thing. (Gen. 25:21, Job 3:3, 16 Hosea 12:3, Luke 1:36, 41,44).

There is nothing more of an abomination than any mother that would with premeditation murder her child.

The Scriptures teach the opposite. Parents are supposed to love and support their child at any stage of gestation (growth). -- Ps. 127:3-5, 128:3-5, Prov. 22:6, Eph. 6:4, Titus 2:4. The murder of any human is immoral and sinful. (Ex. 23:7, Prov. 6:16-17 points out that the spilling of innocent blood is an abomination). If its wrong to murder a child after birth.......while its still dependent and in a state of gestation (growth, not fully mature until the age of reason)....its just as wrong to kill a child in the womb.......no?:dunno: Your vagina does not define life any more than it defines gender......pregnancy is supposed to be a beautiful, loving experience, not an act of societal shame, regardless of how gestation takes place.........LIFE IS PARAMOUNT.

Even the supposed quacks who preform abortions on demand have taken an oath to humanity, "FIRST DO NO HARM.........."

Last edited:
marvin martian

Oh you mean musli
God calls individuals such as you who support the murder of innocent children........ABOMINATIONS. That truth makes it my business just as it would be if I witnessed the confession of any other murderer. Its not only duty as a Christian but its a duty to any righteous society. What? :dunno: I should stand by and all these daily pagan sacrifices at the alter of secular humanism to go unchallenged and expect God to overlook this sin of OMISSION? To hades with your "feelings" or your demand for "accolade".

You do what you wish with your soul...........but don't attempt to judge my soul based upon your attempt to justify any act of IMMORALITY. ;)

Strange is it not that you must attempt to "dehumanize" the conceived human life in the womb and call it a fetus (pretending that its not representative of humanity in the least.....its just a lump of cells that you get to define instead of allowing Science, faith and Logic define it as human life)? Science tells us that within days of conception that so called fetus......has its own unique, one of a kind HUMAN DNA SIGNATURE.

Because you attempt to rationalize and justify the murder of a human child does not conclude with my acceptance of this act of immorality...........legal or not, laws do not establish morality, they reflect morality or the lack thereof by any society.

As a Christian it is my business to point out acts of unrighteousness and warn those who engage in such wontoness action in order to seek the accolade of such an immoral society.

The source of all Christian doctrine (The Holy Scriptures) do not call the unborn child in the womb......at any stage of gestation......a "thing", "a non living clump of cells"......every time the scriptures speak of life within the womb its called a Child, A Babe, A Person........"

John the Baptist was filled with the Holy Spirit of God.....while in his mothers' womb. What did the scriptures call the unborn child within the mother? A thing, a fetus? Hardly, "..........that the BABE leaped in her womb......." -- Luke 1:41 Life begins at conception.......not birth.

What is a scriptural example of God's righteous law when anyone causes harm to come to any unborn child in the womb? "If men fight and hurt a woman with child, so that she gives birth prematurely, yet no harm follows, he shall surely be punished accordingly as the woman's husband imposes on him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. But if any harm follows, then you shall give life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, burn for born, wound for wound, stripe for stripe." -- Ex. 21:22-25.

To be exact........the term for a child in the womb and any child outside the womb is the same. God created life and He should know when it begins. As pointed out.....with consistency throughout the Holy Scriptures, whenever a female has conceived the life in her womb is called a CHILD, A BABY, A SON or A DAUGHTER.....not a non living thing. (Gen. 25:21, Job 3:3, 16 Hosea 12:3, Luke 1:36, 41,44).

There is nothing more of an abomination than any mother that would with premeditation murder her child.

The Scriptures teach the opposite. Parents are supposed to love and support their child at any stage of gestation (growth). -- Ps. 127:3-5, 128:3-5, Prov. 22:6, Eph. 6:4, Titus 2:4. The murder of any human is immoral and sinful. (Ex. 23:7, Prov. 6:16-17 points out that the spilling of innocent blood is an abomination). If its wrong to murder a child after birth.......while its still dependent and in a state of gestation (growth, not fully mature until the age of reason)....its just as wrong to kill a child in the womb.......no?:dunno:
Many people do not believe in God of the Bible.
You ever hear of HIPAA laws, they are confidential laws concerning a persons health status.

God calls individuals such as you who support the murder of innocent children........ABOMINATIONS. That truth makes it my business just as it would be if I witnessed the confession of any other murderer. Its not only my duty as a Christian but its a duty to any righteous society. What? :dunno: I should stand by in silence and allow these daily pagan sacrifices at the alter of secular humanism to go unchallenged and expect God to overlook this sin of OMISSION? To hades with your "feelings" or your demand for "accolade".

The Scriptures teach the opposite. Parents are supposed to love and support their child at any stage of gestation (growth). -- Ps. 127:3-5, 128:3-5, Prov. 22:6, Eph. 6:4, Titus 2:4. The murder of any human is immoral and sinful. (Ex. 23:7, Prov. 6:16-17 points out that the spilling of innocent blood is an abomination). If its wrong to murder a child after birth.......while its still dependent and in a state of gestation (growth, not fully mature until the age of reason)....its just as wrong to kill a child in the womb.......no?:dunno: Your vagina does not define life any more than it defines gender......pregnancy is supposed to be a beautiful, loving experience, not an act of societal shame, regardless of how gestation takes place.........LIFE IS PARAMOUNT.

Even the supposed quacks who preform abortions on demand have taken an oath to humanity, "FIRST DO NO HARM.........."

You've forgotten to mention at the time of Christ abortions were unheard of so no God ever said a word. What you are reading is the revised edition written by the sanctamonious religious right who felt it their duty to administer the laws of God with no authority whatsoever.
So you can quote all the scriptures you like but you will achieve nothing but a warm inner glow and believing you have gods authority to spread to spread lies.

Despite your clear intentions to merely puff your chest as an ego poster, I'm curious...

How does Christianity "destroy people's lives for no reason"

You've forgotten to mention at the time of Christ abortions were unheard of so no God ever said a word. What you are reading is the revised edition written by the sanctamonious religious right who felt it their duty to administer the laws of God with no authority whatsoever.
So you can quote all the scriptures you like but you will achieve nothing but a warm inner glow and believing you have gods authority to spread to spread lies.
Are you so obtuse that you don't understand that new/modern issues can be judged, and don't have to be thousands of years old to be deemed moral or not?

Wow.

Forum List

Back