The Unoriginality of "Trump Derangement Syndrome":

But the memes are so much better. ;)

tds.png

Another phrase Trump "borrowed".

"America First" was a phrase used by the Ku Klux Klan at its peak in the 1920s, where racist, xenophobic sentiment was widespread.
The policy was used by the Ku Klux Klan and informed many of their members who ran for political office.
In 2016, while running for a Louisiana Senate seat, David Duke, former Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan, publicly claimed that he was "the first major candidate in modern times to promote the term and policy of America first."

"America First" was a phrase used by the Ku Klux Klan at its peak in the 1920s, where racist, xenophobic sentiment was widespread.
The policy was used by the Ku Klux Klan and informed many of their members who ran for political office.
In 2016, while running for a Louisiana Senate seat, David Duke, former Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan, publicly claimed that he was "the first major candidate in modern times to promote the term and policy of America first."
Not surprising that Don would borrow from the KKK. But, as we all know, the slogan was a lie. Trump is all about Trump first, America isn't even a distant second.

What else are we supposed to call it? Everything that goes wrong, went wrong, or will go wrong, y'all blame it on Trump. You can't stop mentioning Trump, in every thread, with a rabid conviction you whine and moan about what is already years in the past.

Granted, we have the pro-trump crowd who won't shut up about him, and they're annoying too...

Can we all agree that the Orange Man used to be a preseident, some liked him, others didn't and just move the fuck on? Geez.

Here's an opinion piece from the year 2009 criticizing Bill Clinton opponents as having "Clinton Derangement Syndrome". And even that one wasn't the original use of the phrase.
Clinton derangement syndrome

In fact, a search for "derangement syndrome" for each President since George W Bush will turn up numerous results for each president, in the form of "if you don't stop criticizing my guy right now I'm going to say you have derangement syndrome so I don't have to refute your argument".

Sometimes the term is used referring to former presidents, the argument being that people should stop criticize a President's actions after they leave office are deranged. That's why criticizing Trump's f*** ups is a trigger for the term these days.

Obama supporters used it. Even supporters of politicians who never became president used it (Hillary Clinton).

Then, when the failed one term president Donald Trump was criticized, his supporters continued the tradition.

This all started when a George W Bush lover columnist named Charles Krauthammer started the derangement syndrome thing because people didn't like his Iraq war (except for Republicans, who loved the war).

It is fine for you guys to use the term "Trump Derangement Syndrome", as long as you don't pretend to be original, witty or clever. You're just copycats like everyone else in the past except for Krauthammer (whose argument was both original and idiotic).
5q0qd2.jpg

Here's an opinion piece from the year 2009 criticizing Bill Clinton opponents as having "Clinton Derangement Syndrome". And even that one wasn't the original use of the phrase.

In fact, a search for "derangement syndrome" for each President since George W Bush will turn up numerous results for each president, in the form of "if you don't stop criticizing my guy right now I'm going to say you have derangement syndrome so I don't have to refute your argument".

Sometimes the term is used referring to former presidents, the argument being that people should stop criticize a President's actions after they leave office are deranged. That's why criticizing Trump's f*** ups is a trigger for the term these days.

Obama supporters used it. Even supporters of politicians who never became president used it (Hillary Clinton).

Then, when the failed one term president Donald Trump was criticized, his supporters continued the tradition.

This all started when a George W Bush lover columnist named Charles Krauthammer started the derangement syndrome thing because people didn't like his Iraq war (except for Republicans, who loved the war).

It is fine for you guys to use the term "Trump Derangement Syndrome", as long as you don't pretend to be original, witty or clever. You're just copycats like everyone else in the past except for Krauthammer (whose argument was both original and idiotic).
Do you masturbate while thinking of Trump?

If by the "establishment" you are referring to stodgy old ideas like allowing for the peaceful transfer of power from one prez to the next, respecting the rule of law, putting the country before yourself, and having reverence for the will of the people........then yes, he is a threat like no other. Him being a clownish buffoon isn't the terrifying thing. The adoration of him by simple minded dolts like you is though.
Name specifically what Trump threatened and how. I want to understand your psychopathy.

Once I stopped laughing at the preposterous assertion that Trump ran the country well (his disastrous COVID response failure being a prime example), I directed my attention to the list of lies you referenced. It's never a good thing when you start with a whopper.

History’s Judgment: The Iraq Surge Failed​

Iraq’s unraveling confirms that, based on its own definition of success, the 2007 surge failed.
That has exactly what to do with my post. President Trump didn't take office for another decade, 2017.

Where did I reference a list in my post?

So what?

Who%20arrested-M.jpg

Republican%20Civil%20Rights%20Accomplishments-L.jpg

Hmmm, it would seem that something about it bothers you to the extent you thought it important enough to start a thread so you could whine about it. Sit down on the couch and show us on the doll where the phrase hurt you. Also, how long have you been angry at your parents?

Too funny.
THOSE democrats are now the republican party.
They support everything you just mentioned, even worse, since Trump.
Then there should have been a flood of democrats switching parties. Where is it?

New Topics

Forum List

Back