The Unoriginality of "Trump Derangement Syndrome":

pyetro

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2019
Here's an opinion piece from the year 2009 criticizing Bill Clinton opponents as having "Clinton Derangement Syndrome". And even that one wasn't the original use of the phrase.
Clinton derangement syndrome

In fact, a search for "derangement syndrome" for each President since George W Bush will turn up numerous results for each president, in the form of "if you don't stop criticizing my guy right now I'm going to say you have derangement syndrome so I don't have to refute your argument".

Sometimes the term is used referring to former presidents, the argument being that people should stop criticize a President's actions after they leave office are deranged. That's why criticizing Trump's f*** ups is a trigger for the term these days.

Obama supporters used it. Even supporters of politicians who never became president used it (Hillary Clinton).

Then, when the failed one term president Donald Trump was criticized, his supporters continued the tradition.

This all started when a George W Bush lover columnist named Charles Krauthammer started the derangement syndrome thing because people didn't like his Iraq war (except for Republicans, who loved the war).

It is fine for you guys to use the term "Trump Derangement Syndrome", as long as you don't pretend to be original, witty or clever. You're just copycats like everyone else in the past except for Krauthammer (whose argument was both original and idiotic).

Last edited:
Here's an opinion piece from the year 2009 criticizing Bill Clinton opponents as having "Clinton Derangement Syndrome". And even that one wasn't the original use of the phrase.

In fact, a search for "derangement syndrome" for each President since George W Bush will turn up numerous results for each president, in the form of "if you don't stop criticizing my guy right now I'm going to say you have derangement syndrome so I don't have to refute your argument".

Sometimes the term is used referring to former presidents, the argument being that people should stop criticize a President's actions after they leave office are deranged. That's why criticizing Trump's f*** ups is a trigger for the term these days.

Obama supporters used it. Even supporters of politicians who never became president used it (Hillary Clinton).

Then, when the failed one term president Donald Trump was criticized, his supporters continued the tradition.

This all started when a George W Bush lover columnist named Charles Krauthammer started the derangement syndrome thing because people didn't like his Iraq war (except for Republicans, who loved the war).

It is fine for you guys to use the term "Trump Derangement Syndrome", as long as you don't pretend to be original, witty or clever. You're just copycats like everyone else in the past except for Krauthammer (whose argument was both original and idiotic).
so trumps so much on your mind you couldnt sleep and just had to show your TDS in another hilarious way,,

you really need to seek help,,

They think that shortening it to "TDS" would make it original. Haha.
Hello, copycat # 348793.
It’s not original, it’s just accurate.

It‘s pretty funny how you TDS infected idiots obsess about President Trump. He really terrifies you. He is a threat to the establishment unlike any other. What’s really funny is how you deranged idiots think that if you get rid of him one way or another, then it will be all over and everyone will back to voting for establishment goons like Bush or Clinton. You bring up George W. Bush, yet now you lefties defend Bush, just like you know defend McCain. Now it is clear why. The Democrat Party and those types of Republicans are one and the same. Just look at your foreign policy now, you have the same exact foreign policy as McCain. John Bolton may as well be the next Democrat nominee.

Why is Trump first and foremost on your mind on Feb 5, 2023? Hmm? :dunno:

Why is Trump first and foremost on your mind on Feb 5, 2023? Hmm? :dunno:
How original!
It’s not original, it’s just accurate.

It‘s pretty funny how you TDS infected idiots obsess about President Trump. He really terrifies you. He is a threat to the establishment unlike any other. What’s really funny is how you deranged idiots think that if you get rid of him one way or another, then it will be all over and everyone will back to voting for establishment goons like Bush or Clinton. You bring up George W. Bush, yet now you lefties defend Bush, just like you know defend McCain. Now it is clear why. The Democrat Party and those types of Republicans are one and the same. Just look at your foreign policy now, you have the same exact foreign policy as McCain. John Bolton may as well be the next Democrat nominee.
Supporters of every past President have thought it was accurate. Nice try

The Unoriginality of "Trump Derangement Syndrome":​

It is fine for you guys to use the term "Trump Derangement Syndrome", as long as you don't pretend to be original, witty or clever.

From the most unoriginal, non-witty and unclever OP on the forum just proving yet again:

BUTTHOLE.png

TDS.png

Yeah, this has been used for several Presidents in a row now.

It's just more noise.

this post is an example of TDS. Congrats

miles_davis_so_what_meme-S.jpg

The phrase must really stick in your craw to post a thread and all those words over...nothing. WOW!

OIP-M-M.jpg

It‘s pretty funny how you TDS infected idiots obsess about President Trump. He really terrifies you. He is a threat to the establishment unlike any other.
If by the "establishment" you are referring to stodgy old ideas like allowing for the peaceful transfer of power from one prez to the next, respecting the rule of law, putting the country before yourself, and having reverence for the will of the people........then yes, he is a threat like no other. Him being a clownish buffoon isn't the terrifying thing. The adoration of him by simple minded dolts like you is though.

What an "original" post.

On the one subject that you

just

can't

stop

talking

about.

iu

We need more Trump supporters like you who confess to being parrots. Thanks!
I have you where I wanted you..
President Obama was a Chicago community organizer and state Sentaro. He cleaned up all of the ghettos. All are living well. No gangs, no gang violence, no drug induced issues and prostitution problems, no high percentage of single parents with illegitimate children, no undereducated morons with many who choose to work as equity hires. We will go on forever as perma ghetto. Like old Rheingold beer commercials...Rheingold after Rheingold... President Obama's real legacy...Ghetto after ghetto. but hey, ..his skin is dark.

That is certainly true, also President Trump proved that it is possible to get things done in Washington in months rather than decades and do a terrific job at the same time.

Hate-M.jpg
Once I stopped laughing at the preposterous assertion that Trump ran the country well (his disastrous COVID response failure being a prime example), I directed my attention to the list of lies you referenced. It's never a good thing when you start with a whopper.

History’s Judgment: The Iraq Surge Failed​

Iraq’s unraveling confirms that, based on its own definition of success, the 2007 surge failed.

Once I stopped laughing at the preposterous assertion that Trump ran the country well (his disastrous COVID response failure being a prime example), I directed my attention to the list of lies you referenced. It's never a good thing when you start with a whopper.

Iraq’s unraveling confirms that, based on its own definition of success, the 2007 surge failed.
before Trump took his oath there were many who knew he had to take a percentage of his administration who were in the swamp. He would be destroyed without it. He jettisoned them when they pushed too far. And he jettisoned some for his own ways. We are slowly turning our cities into potential Warsaw ghettos in that, if resources ever decline, it will not be nice..

:blahblah:

Forum List

Back