The Unoriginality of "Trump Derangement Syndrome":

1642484722724-S.png

In a 1977 Senate Judiciary hearing, Biden did talk about busing policies and how “unless we do something about this, my children are going to grow up in a jungle, the jungle being a racial jungle with tensions having built so high that it is going to explode at some point.”
The quote in the claim that has been spreading online is false. Biden did not directly say, “I don’t want my children to grow up in a jungle, a racial jungle.”

Biden defended his record, responding that it was the federal funding of busing that he had opposed, believing that local authorities should be responsible for paying for busing.
In 1977, Biden advocated achieving racial integration through affordable housing rather than busing, The New York Times found in an analysis “of thousands of documents” from that period. It also led him to join with segregationist senators such as Jesse Helms to oppose U.S. Department of Education funding for busing.
Biden sought an "orderly integration of society," not just integration in schools, the records show.

In a 1977 Senate Judiciary hearing, Biden did talk about busing policies and how “unless we do something about this, my children are going to grow up in a jungle, the jungle being a racial jungle with tensions having built so high that it is going to explode at some point.”
The quote in the claim that has been spreading online is false. Biden did not directly say, “I don’t want my children to grow up in a jungle, a racial jungle.”

Biden defended his record, responding that it was the federal funding of busing that he had opposed, believing that local authorities should be responsible for paying for busing.
In 1977, Biden advocated achieving racial integration through affordable housing rather than busing, The New York Times found in an analysis “of thousands of documents” from that period. It also led him to join with segregationist senators such as Jesse Helms to oppose U.S. Department of Education funding for busing.
Biden sought an "orderly integration of society," not just integration in schools, the records show.
Republican%20Civil%20Rights%20Accomplishments-L.jpg

Your beloved Reagan (and most Republicans) were against busing..
You are now both a hypocrite and embarrassed.

WTF?
MY "beloved" REAGAN?
NOT a hypocrite, still against busing kids to school, by anyone, always have been.

I was a liberal democrat when the issue of busing was going on, and I thought it was stupid, and I thought forced integration was stupid.

Forum List

Back