the United negro college fund is racist.

Mr.Right

Mar 19, 2015
Well, it is. You can't tell me it isn't. If a white boy went there and asked for a college loan, he would be denied because of the color of their skin. That is the very definition of racism. Why is this racist organization allowed to exist? Can you imagine the outrage from the left if there was a college fund for whites only? Actually you don't have to imagine it. Someone tried to set one up, and the supreme court said it was racist. So why is it not racist for blacks to have one? Could someone please explain this? I'm a bit confused.

Well, it is. You can't tell me it isn't. If a white boy went there and asked for a college loan, he would be denied because of the color of their skin. That is the very definition of racism. Why is this racist organization allowed to exist? Can you imagine the outrage from the left if there was a college fund for whites only? Actually you don't have to imagine it. Someone tried to set one up, and the supreme court said it was racist. So why is it not racist for blacks to have one? Could someone please explain this? I'm a bit confused.
Racism is alive and well. Blacks are treated special because they have cried for many decades about being shuffled to the rear of the pack. They're not really interested in equality, they want superiority and the upper echelon. They're treated special when it comes to hiring, education, promotions, and they have their own TV network ( BET ). Being black affords one special privileges. What we have is reverse discrimination.

Why don't you sue them and find out?

This is what scared white people look like. It's kind of sad.

So it isn't "racist"? I can see the need for it, but as a person who's father got his ass laid off, and who could have really used a supplemental scholarship in college, but only saw ones for women and minorities, I have been directly impacted by it. I don't begrudge them being able to limit who they give the scholarship to, but it is a bit hypocritical not even consider it racial/sex preferences.

Then, I would suggest you not donate to it then.

Then, I would suggest you not donate to it then.

Why wouldn't I donate to the UNCF ... Most of their work is commendable and their students actually pass the required rigor to get accepted into college?
That in no way suggests that the same shouldn't be allowed for any race that decides to offer scholarships to deserving students.

The fact the UNCF gives scholarships to deserving blacks isn't racist ... The fact the US Government won't allow whites to do the same is.

Why don't you sue them and find out?

The judges will say you lack "standing" and refuse the case.

Really? If you're white and apply to a historically black college (who now accept whites did you know?) and apply for United Negro college fund aid/scholarship/etc., and get turned down in favor of less qualified African-Americans,

you wouldn't have standing? Why?

You are free to boycott them. Or speak against them. Or take whatever legal action you wish against them.

But if you do, can others then borrow your own rhetoric and call you the new Gestapo?

From their website:

Q. Does UNCF help only African Americans?
Not at all. UNCF's member colleges and universities admit students without reference to race or ethnicity. UNCF's largest scholarship program, the Gates Millennium Scholars Program, supports Hispanic American, Asian/Pacific American and Native American students as well as African Americans.

Forum List

Back