‘The United Nations Died Today’: UN Pleads For Putin To Stop Invasion, He Ignores Them

‘The United Nations Died Today’: UN Pleads For Putin To Stop Invasion, He Ignores Them​

24 FEb 2022 ~~ By Hank Berrien
On Wednesday, speaking after an emergency meeting of the United Nations Security Council, United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres begged Russian President Vladimir Putin to stop the war he had unleashed on Ukraine, pleading:
~Snip~
The ineffectual nature of the United Nations, which has no intrinsic military power of its own, and its incapacity to confront belligerent nations invading other nations, has been demonstrated again and again, and one critic took note, tweeting, “The United Nations died today (I personally think it was dead already but nothing left after tonight).”
~Snip~
The Council of Foreign Relations admitted in September 2020:
During the four decades of the Cold War, the UN became a venue for US-Soviet rivalry. The fact that the Cold War did not turn hot (as great power competition had twice before in the twentieth century) was due less to what happened at the UN than to nuclear deterrence and a balance of power that compelled significant caution in US and Soviet behavior. The principal occasion when the UN intervened to maintain international peace – committing an international force to reverse North Korean aggression against South Korea – it could do so only because the Soviet Union was boycotting it.
Writing about the United Nations in National Review in 2017, Andrew McCarthy opined:
When you pretend that all states are equal, that there is no difference between the good guys and the bad guys, that is always a coup for the bad guys. And that’s what the U.N. is: a coup for the bad guys.
Think about it: We are voluntarily entered into an arrangement in which actions affecting American national security and prosperity are subject to the Security Council veto power of Vladimir Putin and the Communist Party of China – the principal patrons of the “Death to America” regime in Iran, the world’s leading sponsor of anti-American terrorism.

Commentary:
Regrettably, the UN never stopped a war. It was the fear of war that kept nations in check. No fear means more war.
Both the 'League of Nations' and its revised version the 'United Nations' have been toothless since their inception.
Even Woodrow Wilson decided it was worthless after he created it.
It is a failure in every way except pedophilia....it EXCELS at that!
It is the epitome of knowing what is wrong and repeating the same folly believing that this time it would be successful.
UNamerican Chop Shop

The UN is a petting zoo for Glowballculties. The only thing that unites them is their jealousy and hatred for America.

We've seen sanctions, we've seen the US closing it's airspace, we've seen condemnations.

What we haven't seen is an actual demand with actual terms directed to Russia.

I know it's less than 24 hours, but you would expect if people were serious some ultimatum would go out. "Remove forces by X or face Y"

Even if it's just more sanctions.

You'd make a good advisor. As for Joey Xi. Surely none of his present handlers today seem to have the smarts or integrity to tell him.

I dunno. The liberal brain trust here has claimed that about “half” of Ukraine wants Russian rule. If that’s true, maybe Putin will not face it all going to “shit” as you seem to predict. But that does leave at least the other half. I wonder what they’re about to see?
I donno, the first televised war I remember was Vietnam. Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see. Vietnam is now a trading partner.

I know what you're trying to do, but two wrongs don't make a right.
Bush was wrong to go into Iraq....and Putin is wrong to go into Ukraine.

Neither one had permission from the SC. Because they didn't need it, bottom line.

You'd make a good advisor. As for Joey Xi. Surely none of his present handlers today seem to have the smarts or integrity to tell him.

Every time you saw aggression in the past, it was met with an ultimatum. Russia demobilize or Germany will mobilize, Germany leave Belgium or England will declare war. Germany stop invading Poland or we will declare war (England and France, although for that one their hearts weren't in it)

Without a declared action to be done to avoid further actions, sanctions are meaningless.

‘The United Nations Died Today’: UN Pleads For Putin To Stop Invasion, He Ignores Them​

24 FEb 2022 ~~ By Hank Berrien
On Wednesday, speaking after an emergency meeting of the United Nations Security Council, United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres begged Russian President Vladimir Putin to stop the war he had unleashed on Ukraine, pleading:
~Snip~
The ineffectual nature of the United Nations, which has no intrinsic military power of its own, and its incapacity to confront belligerent nations invading other nations, has been demonstrated again and again, and one critic took note, tweeting, “The United Nations died today (I personally think it was dead already but nothing left after tonight).”
~Snip~
The Council of Foreign Relations admitted in September 2020:
During the four decades of the Cold War, the UN became a venue for US-Soviet rivalry. The fact that the Cold War did not turn hot (as great power competition had twice before in the twentieth century) was due less to what happened at the UN than to nuclear deterrence and a balance of power that compelled significant caution in US and Soviet behavior. The principal occasion when the UN intervened to maintain international peace – committing an international force to reverse North Korean aggression against South Korea – it could do so only because the Soviet Union was boycotting it.
Writing about the United Nations in National Review in 2017, Andrew McCarthy opined:
When you pretend that all states are equal, that there is no difference between the good guys and the bad guys, that is always a coup for the bad guys. And that’s what the U.N. is: a coup for the bad guys.
Think about it: We are voluntarily entered into an arrangement in which actions affecting American national security and prosperity are subject to the Security Council veto power of Vladimir Putin and the Communist Party of China – the principal patrons of the “Death to America” regime in Iran, the world’s leading sponsor of anti-American terrorism.

Commentary:
Regrettably, the UN never stopped a war. It was the fear of war that kept nations in check. No fear means more war.
Both the 'League of Nations' and its revised version the 'United Nations' have been toothless since their inception.
Even Woodrow Wilson decided it was worthless after he created it.
It is a failure in every way except pedophilia....it EXCELS at that!
It is the epitome of knowing what is wrong and repeating the same folly believing that this time it would be successful.
Good I'm glad! Somebody! Quickly! Please pull the plug on the ventilator before this horrible thing recovers to pick more pockets and fester more corrupt officials.

Forum List

Back