The UN wants to protect these chimps' unique culture

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

The unique culture of nut-cracking chimpanzees has been selected for conservation by the UN, marking the first time an animal activity has been preserved by the international body.
After decades of extensive research into the advanced learning patterns of chimpanzees, the organization's Convention on the Conservation of Migratory Species (CMS) body agreed to protect the ability of chimps in West Africa to crack nuts.
The activity was chosen for conservation because it highlights chimpanzees' "unique technological culture," the CMS said.

Chimps can crack open different kinds of nuts with stones and pieces of wood, which they use as a hammer and an anvil.

God bless the little fellas. Although this is good news in its own right it also validates all of the Planet of the Apes movies. I would be taking a leap here but I would suggest that it also holds out hope to backward Trumpers. You can succeed if you really put all of your mind to it.
Ive always had a soft spot for monkeys. Except for those angry ones with red arses. Or are they Apes ?

1585478753118.png

Think you could fix your headline? Seeing the headline and that it was you I thought it had something to do with the British Isles.

The unique culture of nut-cracking chimpanzees has been selected for conservation by the UN, marking the first time an animal activity has been preserved by the international body.
After decades of extensive research into the advanced learning patterns of chimpanzees, the organization's Convention on the Conservation of Migratory Species (CMS) body agreed to protect the ability of chimps in West Africa to crack nuts.
The activity was chosen for conservation because it highlights chimpanzees' "unique technological culture," the CMS said.

Chimps can crack open different kinds of nuts with stones and pieces of wood, which they use as a hammer and an anvil.

God bless the little fellas. Although this is good news in its own right it also validates all of the Planet of the Apes movies. I would be taking a leap here but I would suggest that it also holds out hope to backward Trumpers. You can succeed if you really put all of your mind to it.
Ive always had a soft spot for monkeys. Except for those angry ones with red arses. Or are they Apes ?
I thought the UK chimp was already a protected species

1585486406810.png

View attachment 316714
He ranks below most chimps on the intelligence scale.

View attachment 316714
Poor prince Charles! Lol :)

Forum List

Back