The ultimate in American shame!

Because I want to have real discussions with people who don't have my ideology

Fine, then discuss what I have said. Don't just talk about your intentions.
I didn't reply to you, but rather to someone who called YOU a hypocrite. And I am discussing what you said since YOU asked about my intention for joining this board.

I didn't disagree with the OP but if you ask me a direct question I will give you a direct answer. Again... Do you have a problem with that?

Trump has been threatening to veto the defense bill over a pet peeve with Twitter for weeks. Twitter has had the temerity to censure Trump's lies in his messages. From this, Trump says all of social media is censuring conservative thought.

Which is another way of saying Trump is acting stupid again. He just can't help himself.

NBC News reports, Trump "has opposed the broad policy bill, demanding it include a repeal of an internet liability law known as Section 230. He also spoke out against provisions in the bill that would strip U.S. military bases of the names of Confederate leaders from the Civil War.

"Trump said Thursday that he plans to follow through on his threat to veto the annual defense policy bill that passed with veto-proof majorities in the House and the Senate last week."

“I will Veto the Defense Bill, which will make China very unhappy. They love it. Must have Section 230 termination, protect our National Monuments and allow for removal of military from far away, and very unappreciative, lands. Thank you!” Trump tweeted Thursday morning.

NBC continued, "The House passed the National Defense Authorization Act by a vote of 335-78 last Tuesday and the Senate passed it 84-13 Friday."

Which, of course, is a veto-proof margin in both Houses.

“I will Veto the Defense Bill." Fine, many say. Veto it, let's see what happens.

Talk about making yourself irrelevant. After losing the popular vote by seven million, after losing the Electoral College vote 306 to 232, after losing 59 court cases because of failure to provide evidence of election fraud, the final indignity.

In the last five weeks of his Presidency, he experiences an override of his veto for the first time in his tenure. That is, if he has the balls to veto it because of a personal grudge.

It has become obvious, Trump's only remaining goal is to create as much chaos as he can up until and including Inaugeration Day, Jan. 20, 2021. He wants to punish the American people for justifiably firing him. He is, by far, the most incompetent President in American history.

Even his supporters ignore him.

We are currently undergoing the strangest phenomenon in American history. The American President is MIA. His White House is MIA.

More shame on our house.

Yesterday was the deadliest day on record for the coronavirus. There were 251,269 new cases and 3,561 Americans lost their lives to the virus.

Our President remained in hiding and said nothing about the overwhelming tragedy.

Although he did tweet that he was happy about the stock market, but failed to mention another 885,000 people filed for first-time unemployment benefits last week.

"Hackers, who American intelligence agencies believed were working for the Kremlin, used a far wider variety of tools than previously known to penetrate government systems, calling the cyberoffensive “a grave risk to the federal government,” the Times.

Our President remained in hiding and said nothing about the national security threat.

Trump will not be critical of his patron, Vladimir Putin. He believes Putin over American intelligence. Trump sides with Putin over US intelligence

Someone explain why some still support Trump.

The American people have spoken, and Trump lost by over seven million votes.

All 50 states have spoken by certifying their election results.

The Electoral College which directly elects the President has spoken, and Biden won by a vote of 306 to 232.

Finally, the Senate Republican leadership has spoken when today Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell congratulated President-elect Biden and Senate colleague, Kamala Harris, on their victory.

The Times reports, "President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia congratulated Joseph R. Biden Jr. on Tuesday on having won the American presidential election."

The communist dictator of Russia has formally recognized President-elect Joe Biden! The White House has not!

The Republican leaders of the House, Kevin McCarthy and Steve Scalise have not recognized the President-elect. The majority of Republicans in the House plan to undermine the Constitutionally mandated Electoral College.

These Republicans and millions of Americans who voted for Trump, are cheering Trump's assault on our Constitution.

Putin could afford to recognize the President-elect.

Trump, Trump Republicans, and Trump's followers are doing the work for him. Trump's supporters are even paying Trump to assail our Constitution. Trump has raised over $200 million in the effort.

That is our shame. How in the world did we arrive at this point?
No shame in soundly correcting a mistake. We blew it, we stopped paying attention, and a damaged orange child slipped into the White House.

BUT we fixed it and voted him out by over seven million votes. The REAL shame would have come if we had reelected him. THAT would have been a terrible reflection on us.

The Electoral College which directly elects the President has spoken, and Biden won by a vote of 306 to 232.

Finally, the Senate Republican leadership has spoken when today Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell congratulated President-elect Biden and Senate colleague, Kamala Harris, on their victory.

The Times reports, "President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia congratulated Joseph R. Biden Jr. on Tuesday on having won the American presidential election."

The communist dictator of Russia has formally recognized President-elect Joe Biden! The White House has not!

I have noticed that Trump's followers do not wish to engage those issues in the OP. I wonder why.

Of course, they avoid a lot about Trump. That is extremely significant.

No shame in soundly correcting a mistake. We blew it, we stopped paying attention, and a damaged orange child slipped into the White House.

You nailed it. That is exactly what happened, and the foolish chose our President.

"American officials suspect a Russian spy agency has carried out what may be the most successful cyber infiltrations of U.S. government and corporate institutions in history," NBC News.

Through it all, our President is AWOL.

However, behind the scenes, Trump is weakening the American government as per Putin's wishes.

Of course, the leading force against the Russian attack is the Pentagon. "Acting Defense Secretary Chris Miller ordered a Pentagon-wide halt to cooperation with the transition of President-elect Biden, shocking officials across the Defense Department," Axios.

"Trump has carried out sweeping changes atop the Defense Department's civilian leadership structure, removing several of its most senior officials and replacing them with perceived loyalists to the President [Miller]." CNN. The mass firing includes the defense secretary and the cyber security director, Chris Krebs.

The defense bill has been approved by Congress with veto proof margins, indicating serious need. It contains provisions to fight cyber attacks. Our President wants to veto the bill because of a personal problem he has with Twitter [Twitter had the audacity to censure his many lies]. Also, he doesn't want name changes involving military bases with Confederate names.

Trump remains in hiding, firing off tweets about the election weeks ago and refuses to speak to the American people. Also, because of the ludicrous things he is doing and the important things he is not doing, our President is scared to death of the press.

The Republican leaders of the House, Kevin McCarthy and Steve Scalise have not recognized the President-elect. The majority of Republicans in the House plan to undermine the Constitutionally mandated Electoral College.

These Republicans and millions of Americans who voted for Trump, are cheering Trump's assault on our Constitution.

Putin could afford to recognize the President-elect.

Trump, Trump Republicans, and Trump's followers are doing the work for him. Trump's supporters are even paying Trump to assail our Constitution. Trump has raised over $200 million in the effort.

That is our shame. How in the world did we arrive at this point?
Iv thought this thread was going to be about morons electing a senile Biden who has no business being president.

Me too. :smile:

Forum List

Back