The Ultimate Blasphemy The Queen James Bible

Other than Hebrew, much of the editing is due to changes that have evolved in our modern languages. One great example is our word 'cute' which now refers to looks. Originally, it referred to having a sharp mind (coming from the word acute). As English words evolved, editors would go back to the original Hebrew and select the modern English word which now corresponded more truly with the original Hebrew meaning.

really, that was a dead language when used ... or just their religion.

so much for the "living" bible whoever came up with that.

Thomas Jefferson literally cut up a bible and pasted the pages together into a new book. He called it The Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazereth. He removed all supernatural aspects and mentions of Jesus' divinity, and focused on his moral teaching, because he was a Unitarian and a Deist, and didnt beleive that Jesus was a god, or divine in any way, just a great philosopher.. I would think that this would be the worst thing to happen to a bible in the eyes of devout Christians, but I guess a bible for gay people is far worse in their eyes.

Thomas Jefferson literally cut up a bible and pasted the pages together into a new book. He called it The Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazereth. He removed all supernatural aspects and mentions of Jesus' divinity, and focused on his moral teaching, because he was a Unitarian and a Deist, and didnt beleive that Jesus was a god, or divine in any way, just a great philosopher.. I would think that this would be the worst thing to happen to a bible in the eyes of devout Christians, but I guess a bible for gay people is far worse in their eyes.

Are you kidding!? That's awful as well!

King James like to sleep with young boys. Does that make His bible a queen James bible? On top of that He had Edomite pharisee types in control of most the translating.

What were they then?
Hard to say. The only public figure who openly and consistently proclaimed Deism in the founding era was Thomas Paine.

In his autobiography, Franklin says he grew up “in the Dissenting way.” That is, he was Puritan. In adulthood, he closely associated with Quakers. He dabbled in Deism for a short time, but ultimately decided that it “was not very useful.”

To whatever degree Jefferson professed Deism, he generally confined it to the privacy of his dining room, as he did with any religious belief he might have had. Any public discourse on religion he shared grew out of his desire to reconcile Christianity with the Enlightenment. He was temperamentally incapable of fully comprehending the evangelical forces that were directing so much of American culture. Few call him a Deist. Many call him a secular humanist. What he seemed most comfortable with, if anything, was Unitarianism.

I'm trying to think of a message here about people who tamper with God's word, but my sanity is currently still rebooting.

This is close to what is warned of in 2 Timothy 4:3-4

3. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4. And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

People will seek preachers who will tell them that the evil that they wish to do is OK. Likewise, as we see here, they will seek for scripture that is twisted to the same end.

People would rather hear and read comfortable lies, that enable them to continue in sin and evil; than hard truth that call on them to repent and turn away from evil.

And where exactly is the word of God? It's not in the bible because it was not written by God and you know that.
If God did do it, who took the dictation and transcribed it? Does God speak English?

Word of God my foot. There is no God and never has been.

Soon enough, you'll stand before Him to answer for what you have done with your life.

Unfortunately for me I'll have to answer too for the countless many of liberals that I flipped off,.. one just a few seconds ago. I've seriously tried to stop, I just don't have the same kind of patience that He has as they're fucking imbeciles. :rolleyes:

Soon enough, you'll stand before Him to answer for what you have done with your life.

You'll have the opportunity to tell Him to His face that he does not exist.

That should be amusing.
No I won't. It's wishful thinking on your part and the obligatory religious threat to the recalcitants.
You cannot possibly know what will happen or when as you suggest as "soon". It's extremely arrogant of you to suggest you know the destination and punishment of atheist because you simply do not.

The thing I find amusing is how godbotherers believe in immaculate conception and virgin births etc yet instruct others what they should be doing.

It's not enough for you to be a garden variety believer. Oh no. You crank it up a notch by suggesting you have unique access to the workings of a ghost. I believe you are delusional.

ROTFLAMO

How asinine.

At least they are being utterly transparent in that they are fitting the bible to mean what they want rather than what it said. I do not understand why one would bother.

Someone who denies God is in no position to call anyone else “delusional”.
Someone who believes there is a god, is delusional. There is no God and never has been. You have no evidence of it but rely on an ancient and faith.
You have never seen, heard, or interacted with any ghost but quite willing to spread thise filthy lies to kids.
Have another go.

Forum List

Back