The twinkie may live.

It has not been saved. It is going into private mediation. Did you read the article? The fuckin Union is why they are in this mess in the first place

Which is why I always say that if the neo-cons had their way they would roll back our standard of living to that of Mexico in order to "compete". Why do you think the workers in the United States has to high of a standard of living? Why do you want to see their wages fall?

Simply put....If Hostess or any other company cannot pay a decent wage then they cannot afford to stay in business. By the way...(The CEO gave himself MILLIONS in bonuses).

Get your head out of your ass and learn the truth.

Who Killed Hostess Brands and Twinkies? - Forbes

Former Hostess Twinkies CEO tripled salary to $2.5m before bankruptcy

Hostess Resets Executive Pay - Industry News - Retail Leader

Try again.

It has not been saved. It is going into private mediation. Did you read the article? The fuckin Union is why they are in this mess in the first place

Which is why I always say that if the neo-cons had their way they would roll back our standard of living to that of Mexico in order to "compete". Why do you think the workers in the United States has to high of a standard of living? Why do you want to see their wages fall?

Simply put....If Hostess or any other company cannot pay a decent wage then they cannot afford to stay in business. By the way...(The CEO gave himself MILLIONS in bonuses).

What exactly *is* a "decent wage" according to you?

That's not even true you ignorant twat wrinkle. The Union has done nothing but take pay cuts while the management milks the place dry.

You will of course back up this charge with a copy of the Union contracts. Oh and be aware there are more than one contract among these unions.

Just for the record, I support unionization. I however do not support BS lies and propaganda offered from either companies or unions.

Officials for the Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers International Union say the company stopped contributing to workers’ pensions last year. If anyone here thinks unions can't be foolishly greedy themselves then you are not paying attention or have never been a part of one.

For reference:

BCTGM | The Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers International Union | The BCTGM represents working men and women at some of the best known companies throughout the U.S. and Canada. We represent manufacturing, production workers,

Now also read this article from way back in Feb. 2012

The Teamsters Union Is Taking Away Our Twinkies - Forbes

Sorry but you linked to a Forbes article.

Why do I have to supply the actual union contracts but for you a news article is good enough?

From your article
Union agreements mandate pay raises and other compensation costs that will total $31 million this year.
When they say "union agreement" they really mean the agreement between the union and the company. The company already agreed to pay raises and other compensation that total 31 million. Then they ask not to have to pay it. The asshole is the company that wants to get out of its signed contract - not the union that demands they uphold their end of the contract.

The Union, BTW, eventually allowed the company to renege on its pension obligations.

Last edited:
The asshole here is the company that wants to be released from its contractual obligations, not the employees that wish the already signed and agreed to contract be upheld.

If I can help it I'm never going to lease to a right winger. For some reason you folks think contracts are meaningless - you think the asshole is the one who demands a contract be fulfilled instead of the one who wishes to BREAK contract. The union is fine with the already existing agreement they have with the company - they are not asking for more pay or compensation or anything - its the company that wants to be let out of their obligations, its the company who has decided the contract they already have should be changed. They should be begging on hand and knee, instead, they wish to blame those who merely want their agreement fulfilled. Do you know why? Because the owners didn't buy the company with the idea of making it a success, they bought it to milk it for cash all the way down.

That's not even true you ignorant twat wrinkle. The Union has done nothing but take pay cuts while the management milks the place dry.

You will of course back up this charge with a copy of the Union contracts. Oh and be aware there are more than one contract among these unions.

Just for the record, I support unionization. I however do not support BS lies and propaganda offered from either companies or unions.

Officials for the Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers International Union say the company stopped contributing to workers’ pensions last year. If anyone here thinks unions can't be foolishly greedy themselves then you are not paying attention or have never been a part of one.

For reference:

BCTGM | The Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers International Union | The BCTGM represents working men and women at some of the best known companies throughout the U.S. and Canada. We represent manufacturing, production workers,

Why do I have to supply the actual union contracts but for you a news article is good enough?

From your article
Union agreements mandate pay raises and other compensation costs that will total $31 million this year.
When they say "union agreement" they really mean the agreement between the union and the company. The company already agreed to pay raises and other compensation that total 31 million. Then they ask not to have to pay it. The asshole is the company that wants to get out of its signed contract - not the union that demands they uphold their end of the contract.

The Union, BTW, eventually allowed the company to renege on its pension obligations.

I am simply offering news info on the topic for both sides not making dumbass claims. You sir are the one making claims. I know a thing or two about unions, contracts and negotiations so please do pony up the actual contract or proposal that was on the table that backs up your claim. This is why I gave you the union website to help you.

That claim you made would be:

For reference:

From your article

I am simply offering news info on the topic for both sides not making dumbass claims. You sir are the one making claims. I know a thing or two about unions, contracts and negotiations so please do pony up the actual contract or proposal that was on the table that backs up your claim. This is why I gave you the union website to help you.

\

I'm simply offering news of past union contracts, I'm not making any claims.

From your article

\

I'm simply offering news of past union contracts, I'm not making any claims.

Past contracts? What years and how long are their contracts and do you even know how many different contracts there are and how many union locals are represented by how many different unions? I bet not. So show me evidence the union members took pay cuts. Details please. You did indeed make a claim:

The Union has done nothing but take pay cuts while the management milks the place dry.

Last edited:

Hostess Resets Executive Pay - Industry News - Retail Leader

Try again.

From YOUR link......

After seeing some backlash, Hostess Brands said it will chop the salaries of its four highest-paid managers to $1 until Dec. 31 or it emerges from Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection

Massive fail. Try and disprove me again.

Why is it all these high paid union workers buy all this foreign crap instead of the higher priced "Made In America" products? Look at all the union workers shopping at wal-mart. Shouldn't they all be supporting American Made?

Shouldn't WE all be supporting American Made? :confused:

Why is it all these high paid union workers buy all this foreign crap instead of the higher priced "Made In America" products? Look at all the union workers shopping at wal-mart. Shouldn't they all be supporting American Made?

Not if its overpriced crap

A judge has ordered Hostess and the union to get back to the table and try again to work out a deal to avoid liquidation. Long live the twinkie.
Wow...I remember when those idiots struck themselves right out of a job.....lol The labor divisions on their loading and shipping dock alone were in the ludicrous zone.

Not if its overpriced crap

Well obviously, unlike you, I think American workers are the best in the world.

Yeah but we should not be supporting Union Imperialism and parasitism neither of those things are the worker's friend.

Last edited:
I believe this former Hostess factory in Sacramento is still abandoned and empty. It shut down, as Hostess went bankrupt, about the same time the Campbell's Soup factory where I worked, also shut down.

ZSC_4789_stitchB_1600x480.jpg

Forum List

Back