The Twenty-fifth Amendment

chops_

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2018
Amendment XXV
Section 1.

In case of the removal of the President from office or of his death or resignation, the Vice President shall become President.

Section 2.
Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.

Section 3.
Whenever the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that he is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, and until he transmits to them a written declaration to the contrary, such powers and duties shall be discharged by the Vice President as Acting President.

Section 4.
Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.

Amendment XXV
Section 1.

In case of the removal of the President from office or of his death or resignation, the Vice President shall become President.

Section 2.
Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.

Section 3.
Whenever the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that he is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, and until he transmits to them a written declaration to the contrary, such powers and duties shall be discharged by the Vice President as Acting President.

Section 4.
Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.
/----/
iu

• Banned
Have been initiated by Representatives Al Green and Brad Sherman, both Democrats. Other groups are also in the works.

There are also those who wants to impeach both SCOTUS nominee Brett Kavanaugh and POTUS Donald J. Trump.

If that was even the case, do they really want V.P. Mike Pence as POTUS?

Have been initiated by Representatives Al Green and Brad Sherman, both Democrats. Other groups are also in the works.

There are also those who wants to impeach both SCOTUS nominee Brett Kavanaugh and POTUS Donald J. Trump.

You're worried about Mike Pence but suggesting that not only the Prez is removed, but impeaching a sitting Sup Ct judge....

Nuthatches my boy. You're hearing only nuthatches. Listen for owls... I say -- I say -- you need to get out more and broaden the collection of morons you're following.

Last edited:
  • Banned

You're worried about Mike Pence but suggesting that not only the Prez is removed, but impeaching a sitting Sup Ct judge....

Nuthatches my boy. You're hearing only nuthatches. Listen for owls... I say -- I say -- you need to get out more and broaden the collection of morons you're following.

First of all, I am not worried about Mike Pence being POTUS. I think you misread my comment: "if that was even the case, do they (meaning the Democrats and the far left) really want to see VP Pence as POTUS?"

Secondly, playing Devil's Advocate, if Dr Christine Ford's story happens to be somehow true and there are credible reasons to believe otherwise, POTUS Trump will have no choice but withdraw Kavanaugh from any nomination for the SCOTUS.

Third, but not last; we all know what the Twenty-fifth Amendment is, and why there are folks who are out there trying to put all the stops to make sure Trump is impeach.

I personally don't see it that way. But there are many talks (mostly propaganda) about this issue.

Chops-Person:

I beg to disagree on the Kavanaugh comment. Even if everything she said was true, a young man attempted to cop a feel, but was disuaded from doing so. That's it. Her neurotic fear of being raped was and remains preposterous (when she was wearing a swimsuit under street clothes), and has no bearing on what actually happened. Her claim of being permanently emotionally damaged is equally ridiculous, and obviously false.

ALL OF THE PARTISAN AND MEDIA HYSTERIA were contrived and phony.

Thank God the Republicans had the votes...but regardless, even if her tale were true, the actions of that teenager in no way negated the solid sterling credentials of (now) Justice K.

Forum List

Back