The Truth

On the other hand, it doesn't cost $80 million an hour to run your dryer.
Sounds like she supports the same party that's welcoming in millions of illegals. P'raps she wouldn't be having as many problems with her power if there were fewer Beaners flooding the area.

Really? My dryer is gas, it cost pennies a load.
I mainly use wind and solar.

If you're using grid power, you really don't know what you're using.

A lot of utilities claim to use this or that percentage of "green energy" as an advertising tag.

Some utilities ever charge a premium for people who want to believe their power come from renewables.

We can fly helicopters on Mars but a Negro can't walk down the streets of South Chicago without getting shot by another Negro because Scientists are in charge of Mars and Democrats are in charge of Chicago.

Last edited:
The OP is a moron. Generating reliable electric power isn't as simple in today's US as it used to be.
Fixing the TX electric grid is complicated. For example, do we still want to shutdown nuclear powerplants?
How about those reliable fossil fueled powerplants? CA learned the hard way, electricity isn't a "commodity", reliable power needs to be generated, with reliable backups. The further you transmit the power, the more line-losses occur, and we pay for that lost power too.

The OP is a moron. Generating reliable electric power isn't as simple in today's US as it used to be.
Fixing the TX electric grid is complicated. For example, do we still want to shutdown nuclear powerplants?
How about those reliable fossil fueled powerplants? CA learned the hard way, electricity isn't a "commodity", reliable power needs to be generated, with reliable backups. The further you transmit the power, the more line-losses occur, and we pay for that lost power too.
Fixing the TX grid isn’t that “complicated”, Texas has one of the best run grids in the Country and the highest (and one of the cleanest) electrical generation capacity in the Country, they’ve done a great job putting it together and operating it. Not to mention that they have some of the LOWEST electricity prices in the country , so much so that soon to be exiled bit coin miners in China are looking at Texas as a primary destination to move their operations to.

All they need to do now is WINTERIZE it against severe cold weather events (they’ve had 3 such events in the last 30 odd years), that was their failure but at least they appear to be ready to move on that problem. All things considered if the only problem you have to making your grid reliable, clean, high capacity and cheap is winterizing it against once in a decade events then you’re really in a pretty darn good place.

Don’t mess with Texas

The Democrats in California are the first in a lot of things like poverty, taxes, debt, homeliness, cost of housing, Illegals, regulations, etc but they were the first in power outages.

Fixing the TX grid isn’t that “complicated”, Texas has one of the best run grids in the Country and the highest (and one of the cleanest) electrical generation capacity in the Country, they’ve done a great job putting it together and operating it. Not to mention that they have some of the LOWEST electricity prices in the country , so much so that soon to be exiled bit coin miners in China are looking at Texas as a primary destination to move their operations to.

All they need to do now is WINTERIZE it against severe cold weather events (they’ve had 3 such events in the last 30 odd years), that was their failure but at least they appear to be ready to move on that problem. All things considered if the only problem you have to making your grid reliable, clean, high capacity and cheap is winterizing it against once in a decade events then you’re really in a pretty darn good place.

Don’t mess with Texas
Just an FYI, TX isn't one of the 10 lowest state power rates, but its not one of the highest either. The lowest rates are red states, and the highest rates are blue states.

If there are all these problems in Texas, how come I have to hear about all of them here?

Because I haven't heard shit about it here in Texas..... where I live. Where I am every day.

If Texas is plagued with all these issues, why don't I see any evidence of it here?

Forum List

Back