The Truth

This tweet says it all.

Someone needs to ask “Aunt Crabby” how she would like to deal with rolling blackouts at the height of summer , year after year after year, not to mention paying mini-bar prices for electricity when it’s actually available.

Can you say CALIFORNIA “Aunt Crabby”? Sounds like the perfect place for you.

The OP is a moron. Generating reliable electric power isn't as simple in today's US as it used to be.
Fixing the TX electric grid is complicated. For example, do we still want to shutdown nuclear powerplants?
How about those reliable fossil fueled powerplants? CA learned the hard way, electricity isn't a "commodity", reliable power needs to be generated, with reliable backups. The further you transmit the power, the more line-losses occur, and we pay for that lost power too.
Fixing the TX grid isn’t that “complicated”, Texas has one of the best run grids in the Country and the highest (and one of the cleanest) electrical generation capacity in the Country, they’ve done a great job putting it together and operating it. Not to mention that they have some of the LOWEST electricity prices in the country , so much so that soon to be exiled bit coin miners in China are looking at Texas as a primary destination to move their operations to.

All they need to do now is WINTERIZE it against severe cold weather events (they’ve had 3 such events in the last 30 odd years), that was their failure but at least they appear to be ready to move on that problem. All things considered if the only problem you have to making your grid reliable, clean, high capacity and cheap is winterizing it against once in a decade events then you’re really in a pretty darn good place.

Don’t mess with Texas
Just an FYI, TX isn't one of the 10 lowest state power rates, but its not one of the highest either. The lowest rates are red states, and the highest rates are blue states.
Good info, thanks for sharing. I didn’t however say it was it was the lowest, or even in the top 10, just “some of the lowest”, the average electricity rates in Texas are negatively impacted by the fact the ERCOT managed grid doesn’t cover the entire state. The border areas are covered by the Western and Eastern interconnections which means rates there likely going to be higher for those customers than the areas serviced by ERCOT, I’m assuming those higher rates are factored into the average.

In any case, I think it says a lot about the overall costs when energy intensive operations like bit coin miners are considering it as a primary destination after being kicked out of China en-mass. :)

If you're using grid power, you really don't know what you're using.
Grid power? No, I know I'm using wind and solar.

SunshineClothesline-046_1200x1200.jpg

On the other hand, it doesn't cost $80 million an hour to run your dryer.
Only about $31.50 or so. What a bargain

Really? My dryer is gas, it cost pennies a load.

Your gas dryer uses electricity.

Screen Shot 2021-06-20 at 8.23.46 AM.png

And just because you have a gas dryer doesn't mean everyone does.

Stop thinking the world revolves around you and everyone does what you do.

Stop being so selfish. People were hit with bills in the thousands in Texas because of greed.

People don't need a dryer to live. So bringing a dryer into this is ridiculous.

People do need heat in the winter and AC in the summer. The fact that 700 people died in the storm and power outage in Texas simply because greedy people didn't properly maintain the electric system is disgusting and should never have happened. It also should be a crime.

On the other hand, it doesn't cost $80 million an hour to run your dryer.
Only about $31.50 or so. What a bargain

Really? My dryer is gas, it cost pennies a load.

Your gas dryer uses electricity.

View attachment 503619

And just because you have a gas dryer doesn't mean everyone does.

Stop thinking the world revolves around you and everyone does what you do.

Stop being so selfish. People were hit with bills in the thousands in Texas because of greed.

People don't need a dryer to live. So bringing a dryer into this is ridiculous.

People do need heat in the winter and AC in the summer. The fact that 700 people died in the storm and power outage in Texas simply because greedy people didn't properly maintain the electric system is disgusting and should never have happened. It also should be a crime.
Close your eyes and imagine the electrical system in a Texas run by Democrats.

Now open your eyes....

WELCOME TO CALIFORNIA! enjoying the yearly summertime rolling blackouts and the doubling of your electricity bill yet?

Forum List

Back