The truth about Truman’s bombing Japan

The Kempeitai had undisclosed locations where (the increasing numbers of) those opposed to the war were taken, tortured, questioned, and only sometimes released. Where do you think that stupid "attack the heavily armed US Marines with pointy sticks" propaganda stunt came from?

Propaganda? They actually were producing the pole bayonets when the first bomb was dropped.

That goes far beyond propaganda.

People tend to forget abut Dresden Germany.

The following pictures are from Dresden after the bombing.

View attachment 753628

View attachment 753629
I suspect few Americans know or care about the war crimes their government committed in WWII. Most think mass murdering civilians from the air was justified.

We are a warrior nation. The USG has been at war for nearly it’s entire existence. Our economy has become one based war. The Ukrainian War is yet another example. I wonder if we could eliminate all the US corporations profiting off war, what products would we export.

I suspect few Americans know or care about the war crimes their government committed in WWII. Most think mass murdering civilians from the air was justified.

We are a warrior nation. The USG has been at war for nearly it’s entire existence. Our economy has become one based war. The Ukrainian War is yet another example. I wonder if we could eliminate all the US corporations profiting off war, what products would we export.
At least we are getting better at avoiding civilian casualties with more accurate bombing. The Russians haven’t changed much.

I agree that the U.S. is a warrior nation that profits from dirty little wars all over the globe. That’s one reason Trump had to go. Trump was not fond of starting wars in far off places so the military industrial complex could profit big time and the alphabet intelligence agencies could play their little games.

The war is Ukraine will definitely fire up the military industrial complex. Since Ukraine is so damned corrupt and we are not tracking where all the money is going, lots of politicians and bureaucrats will be wallowing in the pig pen of corruption Grabbing all the money they can get.

At least we are getting better at avoiding civilian casualties with more accurate bombing. The Russians haven’t changed much.

I agree that the U.S. is a warrior nation that profits from dirty little wars all over the globe. That’s one reason Trump had to go. Trump was not fond of starting wars in far off places so the military industrial complex could profit big time and the alphabet intelligence agencies could play their little games.

The war is Ukraine will definitely fire up the military industrial complex. Since Ukraine is so damned corrupt and we are not tracking where all the money is going, lots of politicians and bureaucrats will be wallowing in the pig pen of corruption Grabbing all the money they can get.
I can’t agree with our military getting better at avoiding civilian casualties. I think they generally don’t give a shit, just like WWII, Korean War, and Vietnam War. Iraq clearly indicates this.

Russia is actually trying to avoid civilian casualties. This is why they went in so lightly, though this may change with the forthcoming offensive.

I can’t agree with our military getting better at avoiding civilian casualties. I think they generally don’t give a shit, just like WWII, Korean War, and Vietnam War. Iraq clearly indicates this.

Russia is actually trying to avoid civilian casualties. This is why they went in so lightly, though this may change with the forthcoming offensive.
What propaganda are you reading?

What propaganda are you reading?

There is no propaganda he will not lick up like buttermilk.

This is the opinion of the typical ignorant American. Mass murder hundreds of thousands of defenseless women and children who had no input in the affairs of their government, because their tyrannical government attacked a US MILITARY BASE, killing a fraction of those civilians murdered by US bombing.
Let’s take a look at that. The Japanese attacked and conquered Manchuria, annexed it, then attacked China. The Japanese killed, raped and pillaged innocent Manchurian and Chinese civilians who had no input in their government’s decisions for nearly a decade. The Japanese invaded Malaya, Burma,Indonesia and the Philippines, killing, raping and pillaging for four years. The Japanese Army Unit 731 experimented on living Chinese civilians as well as Dutch, Chinese, British and American POWs doing everything from freezing them to infecting them with horrific diseases and inflicting gunshot wounds before vivisecting them without anasthesia to see the results. The Japanese Army also infected innocent Chinese civilians who had no voice in their government with diseases like Anthrax and sprayed lethal chemical weapons on them, killing possibly millions of them. The Japanese worked tens of thousands of civilians and POWs to death on projects like the “railway of death” through Indo-China and Burma ( where the fictional events of the movie Bridge over the River Kwai occurred). THESE are the people you think were unfairly treated by dropping nuclear weapons on? There is an old saying “ what goes around, comes around”. Japanese civilians profited from the actions of their government between 1936 and 1945, but you don’t think they should have suffered in 1945?

I get how many Americans believe mass mudering civilians is fine and dandy, because it’s war. Total war is something Americans have been trained to accept. Sadly.

Japan would have surrendered in 1944, had Stalin’s Stooge not imposed unconstitutional surrender terms.
The only terms the Japanese Government were willing to accept was a return to status quo ante December 5th, 1941. No war crimes trials, no disarmament and no loss of territory seized before that date. They wanted to keep Manchuria, China and Korea. in other words they wanted a do-over of the war at a future date of their choosing.

By 1945, they were a defenseless nation. Please keep up.
Defenseless nation? Tell that to the surviving members of the crew of the USS Indianapolis of Jaws fame. She was sunk by a Japanese submarine on July 30th 1945. The Japanese had tens of thousands of kamikaze aircraft, thousands of suicide motorboats and manned suicide torpedoes stockpiled along with operators, fuel and explosives to make them effective. They had thousands of suicide divers waiting to use lunge mines to sink incoming landing craft. Millions of rifles, machine guns, mortars, artillery pieces and several thousand tanks with operators, fuel and ammo to make them effective against the American invading army. Japan may have stopped wasting fighters trying to intercept B-29 raids, but it was far from defenseless. I will grant you that Japan lacked the ability to project power to any great extent, but it wasn’t defenseless.

Sorry moron, but a third of them were not citizens, and were never going to be, shithead, and the rest were huge fans of their home country's conquests and butchery, had the parades celebrating them, had charities sending their beloved troops care packages, the whole works, and had Japanese in Hawaii helping downed pilots to boot, so the precaution of interning them was completely justified, you sick gimp. Tough shit your parents spent your reparations, because you ain't getting any more.
Be fair, exactly TWO Japanese Americans helped the sole Japanese pilot. Their behavior was an aberration, not a norm.

What some willful idiots fail to grasp is that there were obviously different voices in Japan’s wartime government. Some of the more level-headed were looking for ways to negotiate a surrender, but fdr dropped the ball and strengthened the hardliners, while screwing those in the government and among the public who had grown to oppose the war and sought to find a way out.

But at least Truman got to kill hundreds of thousands more civilians.
The hardliners totally controlled the government, the military and the emperor. The “moderates” not only had no power, but were in constant fear of being arrested, tortured and killed by the Kempeitai (secret police). The hardliners were told by their own ambassadors in the USSR and Sweden that the Japanese terms were a non-starter to even neutral nations. The Japanese hardliners were delusional and still expected to salvage a victory of sorts from the debacle of a war that they started.

Last edited:
I guess those hundreds of thousands of civilians just happened to be there for a tour of the military installations, huh? Idiot.
Those civilians were producing military equipment, working in the factories, headquarters and naval yards producing weapons to kill Americans when the nukes were dropped.
Would you claim that Mare Island Shipyard, Todd-Pacific Shipyard, Norfolk Shipyard, the Detroit Tank Arsenal or Willow Run aircraft factory weren’t valid military targets because they employed a civilian labor force and civilians lived around them?

Last edited:
2 days before Roosevelt left for Yalta, MacArthur forwarded a 40 page memorandum to the White House outlining 5 separate overtures for surrender he had received.
All from unofficial sources that had no authorization to negotiate for the Japanese government. Much like Rudolph Hess flying into Scotland on May 10th 1941 to negotiate a surrender of the UK to Germany WITHOUT the knowledge or permission of Hitler.

which would have been the same result if they had dropped those bombs on ARMIES and NAVIES instead of innocent people.
Armies and navies where? Japan was densely populated, the armies were located among millions of civilians and the remaining naval ships were in bases surrounded by large cities.

Forum List

Back