The True Meaning of Jihad and it's purpose

Freeman

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2009
because latest poll showed that 63% of americans ignore islam, I want to put the light on Jihad meaning.

I have choose Islamonline which is the most important website concerning islam and it's managed by many scholars and professors.

Could you please clarify the true concept of Jihad in Islam and its purpose?

Answer
In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Dear questioner, thanks for your question, and we implore Allah to help us serve the cause of Islam and to render this work for His Sake.

Actually, as it has been clarified again and again that while Jihad serves as a means of defense for Muslims against aggression, and acts as a deterrent factor against any anti-Islam scheme launched by enemies, it must never be construed as something synonymous with aggression.

Jihad is never a tool of waging war against the innocents; it's never a means of flexing muscles or bullying the weak and oppressed. Jihad in Islam is something unique, established to defend the divine message from being eliminated or hindered by its enemies.
rest here:
Jihad: Its True Meaning and Purpose - IslamonLine.net - Ask The Scholar

Jihad: Not Only Physical Struggle

Jihad: Not Only Physical Struggle - IslamonLine.net - Ask The Scholar

Honestly do not care what it is SUPPOSED to mean, just what it is currently being used for. I don’t care one way or another for Islam but I am sorely disappointed by its use and even MORE by the lack of true outcry against the use of jihad.

Honestly do not care what it is SUPPOSED to mean, just what it is currently being used for. I don’t care one way or another for Islam but I am sorely disappointed by its use and even MORE by the lack of true outcry against the use of jihad.

do you mean that defense of people against agressors is a bad use of jihad?!

otherwise all people know that alqaeda are just puppets who kill only muslims...

because latest poll showed that 63% of americans ignore islam, I want to put the light on Jihad meaning.

I have choose Islamonline which is the most important website concerning islam and it's managed by many scholars and professors.

Could you please clarify the true concept of Jihad in Islam and its purpose?

Answer
In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Dear questioner, thanks for your question, and we implore Allah to help us serve the cause of Islam and to render this work for His Sake.

Actually, as it has been clarified again and again that while Jihad serves as a means of defense for Muslims against aggression, and acts as a deterrent factor against any anti-Islam scheme launched by enemies, it must never be construed as something synonymous with aggression.

Jihad is never a tool of waging war against the innocents; it's never a means of flexing muscles or bullying the weak and oppressed. Jihad in Islam is something unique, established to defend the divine message from being eliminated or hindered by its enemies.
rest here:
Jihad: Its True Meaning and Purpose - IslamonLine.net - Ask The Scholar

Jihad: Not Only Physical Struggle

Jihad: Not Only Physical Struggle - IslamonLine.net - Ask The Scholar

So what you ae saying is when I tell the kids.. settle down before I go JIHAD
on yer ass..
I am misusing the word ?

Last edited:
I really do not care what the true meaning of jihad is.

Just cleanse it, or kill it, but keep it to yourself.

If Allah wants me to convert, he will let me know without your help.

I really do not care what the true meaning of jihad is.

Just cleanse it, or kill it, but keep it to yourself.

If Allah wants me to convert, he will let me know without your help.

Why can't Allah messenger convert you, JW?

Don't you believe in what a random stranger has to say?

I love random strangers, unless they demand I believe a random universe is totally under their control.

Forum List

Back