The Trade War With China Is Over, And America Wins!

The Trade War With China Is Over, And America Wins!

The Trump administration has been putting increasing pressure on Beijing to curb massive subsidies to state-owned companies and stop the forced transfer of American technology to Chinese firms.

If 'increasing pressure' is demonstrated by

Gao Feng, a ministry spokesperson for China's Commerce Ministry, said that both sides had agreed to simultaneously cancel some existing tariffs on one another's goods, according to the country's state broadcaster.

China has reached an agreement with the USA to back off the tariffs on both sides!

China says it has agreed with the US to cancel existing trade tariffs in phases

Trump has to be very careful with this. China isn't trustworthy, and he could get burned really badly if they reneg. Worse, the impact it could have on putting China back on course while hurting America again.

The Dems are waiting for Trump to crumble or make a bad deal and they will use it over and over in 2020 and draw his supporters over to them who will think "did our president turn his back on us?"

Confronting China is a huge winning issue for Trump, this is why the Dems avoid the subject altogether. Trump needs serious, firm commitments of fair play from China going forward. Otherwise, short term purchases will not help the U.S. China is committed to usurping America on the world stage, this has to always be on top of mind. They are communists.

I don't know what part of 'we won't tax you, if you don't tax us' equates to winning anything here

But i do know their currency is gaining over ours>
China's currency surges past 7 per dollar level for the first time since August

China's central bank sets yuan midpoint fix at highest since August 8

~S~

They have an objective to replace America and become the sole Super Power. With the help of politicians around the globe, it is going to happen.

Hopefully I am gone before Communism takes over this planet.

I don't know what part of 'we won't tax you, if you don't tax us' equates to winning anything here

~S~

They have an objective to replace America and become the sole Super Power. With the help of politicians around the globe, it is going to happen.

China has a 100 year plan to make that happen. They have unending patience in their goals.
We have a 4 or 8 year plan that changes with every election.
We have no patience and can't see past the next election.

~S~

China has a 100 year plan to make that happen. They have unending patience in their goals.

China has a 100 year plan to make that happen.

The Soviet Union had plans to take over the planet......how'd that work out?

~S~

China has a 100 year plan to make that happen.

The Soviet Union had plans to take over the planet......how'd that work out?
They didn't have a billion person horde. They didn't have the capital to buy up American property and interests including politicians. They didn't welcome American companies so they could steal tech. They didn't have fentenyl to ship into America via Mexico causing turmoil and added expense.
China is far more of a threat than the old Soviet Union ever was.

How is this any victory.

Trump started a trade war for specific reasons

None which have been achieved

Trump places tariffs, then China does the same

They are just backtracking on tariffs that they imposed since Trump became president

Still how many times has Trump claimed victory and then announced more tariffs because no deal was reached.

Wasn't the goal to reducing the trade deficit and address intellectual property theft

how is rolling back trade sanctions that trump imposed in the past 2 years a victory

how many times have we heard that there was an agreement.

Now Trump says he is rolling back what he did earlier this year because they have agreed to negotiate.

Trump last round of tariffs was to get them to negotiate

So yeah I guess if they start to negotiate that is about the level of victory trump is capable of achieving

Brazil must be in a panic. They burned down huge amounts of Amazon jungle and forest for increasing soybean farming for supplying China with previously American soybean crops. Surely, if America has won the tariff war China will stop buying soybeans from Brazil and once again buy American soybeans. Just because Brazil can produce and sell them for less doesn't mean the Chinese will continue buying soybeans from Brazil.

China has a large population, I am sure they will buy both

but then again there is no agreement right now and if Brazil was smart they will a deal done real quick and probably cheaper

Forum List

Back