The Tipping Point

We'd definitely need a constitutional amendment to end WashDC deficit spending.
Careful what you wish for- most legislators are lawyers or have them at their disposal which leads to extremely verbose laws with a lot of ambiguity and you can bet that an amendment to the constitution would'nt turn out the way you want it-
There is a simpler way. Always vote against the incumbent. A.L.W.A.Y.S. - at some point the message served will be recognized.
I don't think have a Congress full of perpetual newbies would really serve us that well.
havin a bunch of career politicians hasnt done much good,,,

That is why a fair flat tax, no exceptions, no excuses, no exemptions is the way to go. Everyone no matter the source of income has skin in the game!
I've heard this mentioned before. Cruz promoted it in '16. Would we lose tax$$ from the rich, though, if there wasn't a higher tax on them?

a fair flat tax of 25% means the rich will always pay more than the poor.
Holy shit. 25% and then on top of it state taxes and FICA and Medicare tax and ..... That's a little steep, isn't it, for someone like me who pays 12% now?
No, if you expect others to pay high taxes it’s only fair that you do it too. If 25% is too high for you then pick a number you like but apply it to absolutely everyone and remember, no matter the percentage rate the rich will always pay more than you do. Fair Flat Tax.
god only wanted 10% so why does the government need more???
so You think 10% is fair? Remember to set a budget you can live with. We may have to cut some programs such as studying shrimp on a treadmill.

Holy shit. 25% and then on top of it state taxes and FICA and Medicare tax and ..... That's a little steep, isn't it, for someone like me who pays 12% now?

15% SS tax, 12% Federal income tax, 9% State income tax, 5% sales tax ... property tax, excise tax, gasoline tax, death tax ...

Tax on tacks anyone?

My state has zero state income tax and is the most fiscally responsible state.

That is why a fair flat tax, no exceptions, no excuses, no exemptions is the way to go. Everyone no matter the source of income has skin in the game!
I've heard this mentioned before. Cruz promoted it in '16. Would we lose tax$$ from the rich, though, if there wasn't a higher tax on them?

No, if you expect others to pay high taxes it’s only fair that you do it too. If 25% is too high for you then pick a number you like but apply it to absolutely everyone and remember, no matter the percentage rate the rich will always pay more than you do. Fair Flat Tax.
god only wanted 10% so why does the government need more???
so You think 10% is fair? Remember to set a budget you can live with. We may have to cut some programs such as studying shrimp on a treadmill.
I think 10% is to much,,and yes many programs need cut,,,along with many agencies,,,

Careful what you wish for- most legislators are lawyers or have them at their disposal which leads to extremely verbose laws with a lot of ambiguity and you can bet that an amendment to the constitution would'nt turn out the way you want it-
There is a simpler way. Always vote against the incumbent. A.L.W.A.Y.S. - at some point the message served will be recognized.
I don't think have a Congress full of perpetual newbies would really serve us that well.
Why not have politicians making a career out of it? Their constituents have the opportunity to vote them out each election if they don't approve of their actions. It is the fault of the constituents if a bad Congressman (woman) stays in office. Congressmen/women actually know and learn a lot about different things as they work in Congress. The different committees zero in on different subjects. I definitely want people who know what's going on and understand it in depth voting on my behalf.

I think the biggest problem in Congress is having no way to acknowledge the negative effect of strong partisan politics. Other countries' Constitutions acknowledge that problem and try to mitigate it in some way. Our Founding Fathers ignored political parties. Big mistake.

"Fair" + "25%"?
iu

LOL. Right. 25% on someone making $25,000 a year? Good luck with that one. You would have to exempt so much income before the tax kicks in. It would have to be like a 25% (or whatever percentage) on all income over a certain amount, like $50,000, for example

LOL. Right. 25% on someone making $25,000 a year? Good luck with that one. You would have to exempt so much income before the tax kicks in. It would have to be like a 25% (or whatever percentage) on all income over a certain amount, like $50,000, for example
Nope! No exemptions. If people making twenty five grand a year don’t want to pay 25% they should not ask anyone else to Do so. Fair flat tax.

Why not have politicians making a career out of it? Their constituents have the opportunity to vote them out each election if they don't approve of their actions. It is the fault of the constituents if a bad Congressman (woman) stays in office. Congressmen/women actually know and learn a lot about different things as they work in Congress. The different committees zero in on different subjects. I definitely want people who know what's going on and understand it in depth voting on my behalf.

I think the biggest problem in Congress is having no way to acknowledge the negative effect of strong partisan politics. Other countries' Constitutions acknowledge that problem and try to mitigate it in some way. Our Founding Fathers ignored political parties. Big mistake.
well youve never shown yourself to be a very smart person,,,and this comment further proves that,,,

Nope! No exemptions. If people making twenty five grand a year don’t want to pay 25% they should not ask anyone else to Do so. Fair flat tax.

So I guess you never actually expect something like this to be passed?

So I guess you never actually expect something like this to be passed?
25%? Seriously? :cuckoo:

well youve never shown yourself to be a very smart person,,,and this comment further proves that,,,
Which point(s) do you disagree with? How come?

Why not have politicians making a career out of it?
Because it costs everyone and the only winner is the elected miscreant who somehow manages to get rich staying drunk. Good job if you can do it.

Congressmen/women actually know and learn a lot about different things as they work in Congress
That's an assumption or presumption, either or is a fallacy. Why don't they know prior to getting there?
They are for the most part lawyers- and they are by far the most intellegent used car/snake oil salesmen on the planet,

No, I don't think you're thinking- unintended consequences are at home- not hard to locate. We're not other countries. The Founders forgot more than you'll ever know and did the best they could given what they knew which was a "simple" concept that elected officials were servants to the voters, not the other way around- now, a thinking person would ask; is this an unintended consequence or a devious plan? I "think", depending on he timeline assigned, that the political class came about from ignorance by the voters who trusted the elected to mandate education standards- notice, if you will, there was no call for that in the Founders agreed upon efforts called the Supreme Law- yet they made a mistake? No, voters make and made the mistakes because of "career politicians" who saw an easy path to power (though ill perceived) and riches (ill gained)-

IF it included complete Universal Healthcare from birth to death and no $144 p/month premium and $-- however much for a necessary Part C plan and STILL copays, then I'd pay 25%. If it got the country out of hock. And if the flat tax also included the FICA and Medicare taxes. Not sure I could live on what was left, though. I've never been on the dole. Would that mean people just over the poverty level like me would suddenly need to start looking for handouts?

I disagree. OL definitely has lucid moments.

Forum List

Back