The Time has Come for Fox News

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
People who have been watching fox news have been consistently misinformed about COVID19. So now Fox News is going to be sued for it's fake news on this pandemic.

Washington state nonprofit files lawsuit saying Fox News misled viewers about coronavirus
By Sara Jean Green The Seattle Times (TNS) Apr 4, 2020

A little-known Washington nonprofit has filed a lawsuit against Fox News in King County Superior Court, claiming the news station, its parent companies and owners violated the state’s Consumer Protection Act and acted in bad faith by disseminating false information about the novel coronavirus through its television news broadcasts and minimized the danger posed by the virus as COVID-19 began to explode into a pandemic.
The suit, filed on behalf of the Washington League for Increased Transparency and Ethics (WASHLITE), alleges Fox News engaged in unfair or deceptive acts by representing the coronavirus as a hoax in broadcasts that aired in February and March. Those broadcasts caused viewers to fail to adequately protect themselves or mitigate the virus’ spread, and therefore contributed to the public-health crisis and preventable mass death, the lawsuit says.

They are right and other entities need to join them in their effort.

People who have been watching fox news have been consistently misinformed about COVID19. So now Fox News is going to be sued for it's fake news on this pandemic.

Washington state nonprofit files lawsuit saying Fox News misled viewers about coronavirus

A little-known Washington nonprofit has filed a lawsuit against Fox News in King County Superior Court, claiming the news station, its parent companies and owners violated the state’s Consumer Protection Act and acted in bad faith by disseminating false information about the novel coronavirus through its television news broadcasts and minimized the danger posed by the virus as COVID-19 began to explode into a pandemic.
The suit, filed on behalf of the Washington League for Increased Transparency and Ethics (WASHLITE), alleges Fox News engaged in unfair or deceptive acts by representing the coronavirus as a hoax in broadcasts that aired in February and March. Those broadcasts caused viewers to fail to adequately protect themselves or mitigate the virus’ spread, and therefore contributed to the public-health crisis and preventable mass death, the lawsuit says.

This would open up the floodgate of all floodgates. CNN, MSNBC and so many others have not only been wrong about the threat, so have the politicians they have covered who suggested for citizens to go attend the Chinese New Year festival in New York for example, even as the outbreak had started. This is only ONE issue, there are so many other that MSM has lied about, you would literally have a floodgate of lawsuits trying to keep media strictly to facts.

They better start building their Ark I guess...

1586099231635.png

Weren't Hannity and Reagan expressing their opinions? I don't think this will fly.

This would open up the floodgate of all floodgates. CNN, MSNBC and so many others have not only been wrong about the threat, so have the politicians they have covered who suggested for citizens to go attend the Chinese New Year festival in New York for example, even as the outbreak had started. This is only ONE issue, there are so many other that MSM has lied about, you would literally have a floodgate of lawsuits trying to keep media strictly to facts.

They better start building their Ark I guess...
There are no floodgates to open. Fox has misled it's viewership into believing the virus was not serious. Yet the numbers are growing. I believe a week ago we had 100,000 cases, now we have over 300,000. But according to fox everything said opposing trumps bs was made up when in fact the so called left were the ones saying this was serious from the start.

Weren't Hannity and Reagan expressing their opinions? I don't think this will fly.
They weren't the only ones but the viewers take these opinions as fact and have acted on the misinformation whereby they did not take the virus seriously which has helped increase the numbers of cases and probably the deaths.

Fox News should be held accountable for its lies. Given that Fox’s audience is made of gullible conspiracy minded low-IQ Trumpist types many will pay the ultimate price for believing Fox commentators who called the virus a hoax or hype.

The law suit will fail, as it probably should, because of 1st amendment issues.

Fox viewers however have to stop acting like battered spouses and wake up and move out. When that happens Fox will either change or go out of business.

you produce a lot more babble crap than Fox does

I wish them luck - But I don't think you can sue Fox News for disinformation without suing Dithering Donnie as well.
After all, Fox gets their marching orders straight from the Orange Pie-hole of a Dotard.
LOVIN the libs hate ...why do you hate?

I wish them luck - But I don't think you can sue Fox News for disinformation without suing Dithering Donnie as well.
After all, Fox gets their marching orders straight from the Orange Pie-hole of a Dotard.
I think oldlady and johnlaw are right, but at least this lawsuit will put pressure on fox to present more accurate opinions and coverage of this situation.

I think oldlady and johnlaw are right, but at least this lawsuit will put pressure on fox to present more accurate opinions and coverage of this situation.
the MSM--accurate----hahahhahahahaah

Almost every mainstream news outlet has been a part of the fake propaganda that encouraged impeachment of the President of the United States when there wasn't a shred of evidence and now a "little known" obscure (tax exempt ) entity is suing Fox? You gotta be kidding.

They weren't the only ones but the viewers take these opinions as fact and have acted on the misinformation whereby they did not take the virus seriously which has helped increase the numbers of cases and probably the deaths.

Few took it seriously, including me. Why? I relied on my government(s), who relied on the Communist Government of China and W.H.O to get it right, and of course, tell the truth. Few thought these authoritarians would be this unconcerned with human life, it's been a GREAT eye opener for the world. Governments better know citizens are pissed. All the happy videos, singing and dancing on balconeys in Italy won't save this government at the election if they don't show outrage against China.

The one single action taken by Trump to ban flights from China was mercilessly attacked by politician and MSM alike. I could list off the top of my head multiple politicians and "journalists" who attacked Trump. We all know the soundbytes, the names he was called, by the people who called them, and, encouragement for people to go on as normal. Including even experts like Fauci who downplayed the significance in January.

As I said about AOC, if this group is looking to sue someone, they can sue President Xi and the Almighty Communist Party of China. You have a First Amendment thankfully. Fox News is no different than CNN and MSNBC in that they are not perfect. I'd argue they are far more pro-American and pro-constitution, but that's just me.

I hear the same is done on MSNBC. caveat emptor, IM2.

I know what you're saying, but we don't know that any more people acted on the "information" than would have anyway. Some people are just selfish.

Forum List

Back