The three-hour hearing showed that corporate-government collusion goes far deeper than the major platforms in Silicon Valley.

Because we are able to read and ascertain information from articles?
You are not getting the truth from today's media... they have become more interested in the all mighty dollar to be completely honest... its sad.. I know I'm not going to convince you or any other poster here... and so I won't try... I don't need to... we will win in 24 and hopefully you will see what the real truth is...

You are not getting the truth from today's media... they have become more interested in the all mighty dollar to be completely honest... its sad.. I know I'm not going to convince you or any other poster here... and so I won't try... I don't need to... we will win in 24 and hopefully you will see what the real truth is...
If you can't get the truth, then what are you basing your contention on that Trump's FBI was engaged in payments to Twitter to silence people?

If you can't get the truth, then what are you basing your contention on that Trump's FBI was engaged in payments to Twitter to silence people?
You have to do your own research and expand your search for information beyond the MSM.... Its out there if you want to find it... or you can keep smiling and denying until you are living in a living hell...
look at the nation today... does this look like America to you?...

You have to do your own research and expand your search for information beyond the MSM.... Its out there if you want to find it... or you can keep smiling and denying until you are living in a living hell...
look at the nation today... does this look like America to you?...
Ok. So link me a non MSM article that points out why the FBI paid Twitter 3 million dollars.

That aside your attitude toward America sounds laughably like what every generation has said...ever.

So what's the problem? Do you think Twitter should have to pay for legal requests from the FBI?

I am not sure I am following this discussion correctly, but it is totally illegal for the FBI to ever request Twitter to ever close an account or even censor, much less then paying them bribes to do it.

Why? Do you think Twitter should absorb these costs?

First of all, it costs nothing to close accounts, but the real point is that it is ILLEGAL.
Twitter is supposed to remain a neutral Common Carrier, so then is never supposed to censor or close any accounts, without a court order.

I am not sure I am following this discussion correctly, but it is totally illegal for the FBI to ever request Twitter to ever close an account or even censor, much less then paying them bribes to do it.
No it is not illegal to make requests.

If it was illegal do you think Trump should be charged?

{...
The FBI paid Twitter nearly $3.5 million of taxpayer cash to ban accounts largely linked to conservative voices and target so-called “foreign influence” operations, the latest installment of the “Twitter Files” revealed on Monday.

In an email dated Feb. 10, 2021, an unidentified Twitter employee told then-deputy general counsel Jim Baker and then-general counsel Sean Edgett that “we have collected $3,415,323 since October 2019!”

The email, published by independent journalist Michael Shellenberger, explained that Twitter’s Safety, Content & Law Enforcement (SCALE) division had instituted a “reimbursement program” in exchange for devoting staff hours to “processing requests from the FBI.”

The message added that Twitter had opted not to exercise its right of reimbursement prior to October 2019, though it did not say why.
...}

This is totally illegal.
Twitter and the internet are not limited to the US and the FBI has zero authority over what gets posted unless it is criminal, like slander or extortion.

It is not supposed to ever happen.
The FBI is never supposed to request or pay, and Twitter is not supposed to censor unless there is evidence of an actual crime, like libel, extortion, etc.
Show me where the FBI can't pay a social media company for services rendered.

"The email says that in 2019 Twitter’s Safety, Content and Law Enforcement division started “a reimbursement program for our legal process response from the FBI.” Before that time, “Twitter chose not to collect under this statutory right of reimbursement for the time spent processing requests from the FBI,” the email reads. “I am happy to report we have collected $3,415,323 since October 2019!” the unnamed person wrote to Baker and Edgett, who were fired by Musk last year.

Stamos said “law enforcement has the ability to get stored communications from companies like Twitter under 18 USC 2703(d),” which usually requires authorization from a judge. The FBI might request such information as part of an investigation. He also said that “companies can demand reimbursement” under the federal regulation that says the government shall pay the entity fulfilling the records request."

No it is not illegal to make requests.

If it was illegal do you think Trump should be charged?

Of course it is illegal for any enforcement agency to deliberately try to violate free speech of anyone.
Did Trump know about and order the illegal censorship?
If so, then yes it would be grounds for impeachment.

It isn't a bribe.

It is payment for costs incurred by Twitter in carrying out government requests.

Internet censorship is utterly and totally illegal.
NONE of the internet is private, and it is run under public FCC rules prohibiting censorship.
The FBI would only have authority AFTER a court rules the content to censor was illegal.

Show me where the FBI can't pay a social media company for services rendered.

"The email says that in 2019 Twitter’s Safety, Content and Law Enforcement division started “a reimbursement program for our legal process response from the FBI.” Before that time, “Twitter chose not to collect under this statutory right of reimbursement for the time spent processing requests from the FBI,” the email reads. “I am happy to report we have collected $3,415,323 since October 2019!” the unnamed person wrote to Baker and Edgett, who were fired by Musk last year.

Stamos said “law enforcement has the ability to get stored communications from companies like Twitter under 18 USC 2703(d),” which usually requires authorization from a judge. The FBI might request such information as part of an investigation. He also said that “companies can demand reimbursement” under the federal regulation that says the government shall pay the entity fulfilling the records request."

It is an illegal invasion of privacy for the FBI to get Twitter to collect private information for the FBI.
If it were legal, then the FBI would be doing it by itself.
Since they want Twitter to do it, then it has to be accessing private messages, which is illegal without a court order.

Of course it is illegal for any enforcement agency to deliberately try to violate free speech of anyone.
Did Trump know about and order the illegal censorship?
If so, then yes it would be grounds for impeachment.
Requesting is not illegal but if it was I guess you support the impeachment of Trump.

"Navaroli testified that her supervisors told her and her team that the platform received “something of a request” from Trump to take down a tweet that Teigen posted criticizing him.

Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-Va.), who was questioning Navaroli when she confirmed that, said Trump “heckled” Teigen and her husband, singer John Legend, on Twitter in September 2019, calling them “the musician John Legend and his filthy-mouthed wife.”

He noted that Teigen responded to that post shortly after, calling Trump a “p—- ass bitch.”

“In that particular instance, I do remember hearing that we had received a request from the White House to make sure that we evaluated this tweet and that they wanted it to come down because it was a derogatory statement directed toward the president,” Navaroli said."

Trump asked Twitter to take down ‘derogatory’ tweet from Chrissy Teigen: whistleblower

Who you going to vote for in 2024?

It is an illegal invasion of privacy for the FBI to get Twitter to collect private information for the FBI.
If it were legal, then the FBI would be doing it by itself.
Since they want Twitter to do it, then it has to be accessing private messages, which is illegal without a court order.
Did you not see the law in my post?

18 USC 2703(d)

You know less about legal matters then my post Trump supporters. Are you new at this?

Forum List

Back