The things you learn over the Xmas Dinner Table.

This Christmas, as I've done in the past, I went to my sister's house for dinner. It's a nice little trip from Brooklyn to Mahopac and she lives in a comfortable little house that's on top of a small hill. We sat down to dinner and my brother in law, who is full blooded Irish, unlike me and my sister, who are one quarter Irish related a story about their trip to Ireland. They visited a town where St. Nicholas (Father Christmas/Santa Claus) is said to be buried. I didn't even know that's where his final resting place was..

Checked it out today.

Father Christmas 'buried in Ireland' - Telegraph

Well what do you know..

:eusa_whistle:

I know the Irish I grew up around liked to head-butt guys....just walk up and BAM outta nowhere. :booze:

I had a friend who did that.

Did that to me once.

And his dental work was very expensive..

This Christmas, as I've done in the past, I went to my sister's house for dinner. It's a nice little trip from Brooklyn to Mahopac and she lives in a comfortable little house that's on top of a small hill. We sat down to dinner and my brother in law, who is full blooded Irish, unlike me and my sister, who are one quarter Irish related a story about their trip to Ireland. They visited a town where St. Nicholas (Father Christmas/Santa Claus) is said to be buried. I didn't even know that's where his final resting place was..

Checked it out today.

Father Christmas 'buried in Ireland' - Telegraph

Well what do you know..

I know the Irish I grew up around liked to head-butt guys....just walk up and BAM outta nowhere. :booze:

Did that to me once.

He also busted my knee which I still feel when it's cold.

Funny thing is..we are still friends.

:lol:

Did that to me once.

He also busted my knee which I still feel when it's cold.

Funny thing is..we are still friends.

:lol:

micks and us wops are the only white cats the boones are skeered of....we got MOXIE!
bth_boxing.gif

Stopit! That's not even funny! :eek:

God I hate spiders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently God thought it would be great to let these things live in the cold, cold, coldness too.

Well, that does it. Now I just can't go climb Mt. Everest cause of spiders!

hm, it is interesting you guys are so against spiders. the whole southern, central and eastern Europe considers killing a spider to be a sin as it were spiders who mate a thick net on the entrance of the cave where the Holy Family was hiding and the Herod's people did not enter since they thought nobody have been there for a while :)

it's a legend, obviously, but a nice one.

Spiders are cherished and not considered evil in a lot of cultures, probably, because their prey are flies and other insects.

God I hate spiders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently God thought it would be great to let these things live in the cold, cold, coldness too.

Well, that does it. Now I just can't go climb Mt. Everest cause of spiders!

hm, it is interesting you guys are so against spiders. the whole southern, central and eastern Europe considers killing a spider to be a sin as it were spiders who mate a thick net on the entrance of the cave where the Holy Family was hiding and the Herod's people did not enter since they thought nobody have been there for a while :)

it's a legend, obviously, but a nice one.

Spiders are cherished and not considered evil in a lot of cultures, probably, because their prey are flies and other insects.

If spider venom is ever weaponized there will be some nasty looking corpses laying around...the cool thing about spiders is they know which strands of their webs they can walk on and which ones are sticky. Gotta admire that. Got bit by a black widow once here in Arizona. Spiders in southeast asia are like all the other creepy crawlers there.....deadly.

Forum List

Back