"The thing that made me feel not so bad was she was old. "

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. (AP/1010 WINS) -- The 18-year-old woman charged with vehicular manslaughter in the death of Hempstead woman told her side of the story Wednesday, and some of her comments are shocking.

Police say Kayla Gerdes was high on painkillers when she drove a van onto the front lawn and into a house in Hempstead, killing homeowner Rebecca Twine-Wright, 69, who was mowing her lawn.

At 2:10 a.m. Wednesday, about 16 hours after the Tuesday morning accident, in a statement to police, Gerdes was quoted as saying: "The thing that made me feel not so bad was she was old. "I mean, 70 years is a long time to live."

Defense attorney John R. Lewis says his client was headed to court on Tuesday to face grand larceny charges for stealing jewelry from her mother when the crash occurred.

Lewis says Gerdes was devastated when told that Twine-Wright had been killed. Wright was a retired doctor and mother of two.

Woman Charged In Hempstead Van-Lawn Death: 'She Was Old' - 1010WINS.com*

This is our future. She'd be a good candidate for a job on the death panels. :eusa_whistle:

HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. (AP/1010 WINS) -- The 18-year-old woman charged with vehicular manslaughter in the death of Hempstead woman told her side of the story Wednesday, and some of her comments are shocking.

Police say Kayla Gerdes was high on painkillers when she drove a van onto the front lawn and into a house in Hempstead, killing homeowner Rebecca Twine-Wright, 69, who was mowing her lawn.

At 2:10 a.m. Wednesday, about 16 hours after the Tuesday morning accident, in a statement to police, Gerdes was quoted as saying: "The thing that made me feel not so bad was she was old. "I mean, 70 years is a long time to live."

Defense attorney John R. Lewis says his client was headed to court on Tuesday to face grand larceny charges for stealing jewelry from her mother when the crash occurred.

Lewis says Gerdes was devastated when told that Twine-Wright had been killed. Wright was a retired doctor and mother of two.

Woman Charged In Hempstead Van-Lawn Death: 'She Was Old' - 1010WINS.com*

This is our future. She'd be a good candidate for a job on the death panels. :eusa_whistle:

Yes...I'm sure you really do think that this selfish murderer would be an appropriate candidate for those "oh so real" death panels.

That sounds like something an addict would say. But here's the real story:

Lewis said Gerdes had been in rehabilitation for drug addiction but left after seven days, apparently after insurance coverage ran out. Lewis said that she was released early from a 28-day drug rehabilitation program because her mother's insurer would pay for only seven days worth of treatment.

Damn Insurance Companies are to blame!!!! If Obamacare had passed sooner, the 'old' woman would still be alive.

She's the ultimate Democrat:

Takes drugs
Steals from others
Blames others for her problems
Kills people who are inconvenient
Has lawyers to defend her
Likes to get emotional
Doesn't have a clue
Won't suffer any consequences for her actions anyway

This is what happens when you live in a society that begins to believe it can water down basic human morality in order to achieve social justice.

Forum List

Back