The ‘thank America last’ crowd

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
I am a God on this message board.
The ‘thank America last’ crowd

Sens. John McCain (R-Ariz.) and Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) issued a joint statement last night on the developments in Libya. It’s worth taking a look at the lede.
“The end of the Qadaffi regime in Libya is a victory for the Libyan people and for the broader cause of freedom in the Middle East and throughout the world. This achievement was made possible first and foremost by the struggle and sacrifice of countless Libyans, whose courage and perseverance we applaud.

“We also commend our British, French, and other allies, as well as our Arab partners, especially Qatar and the UAE, for their leadership in this conflict. Americans can be proud of the role our country has played in helping to defeat Qaddafi, but we regret that this success was so long in coming due to the failure of the United States to employ the full weight of our airpower.”

Remember hearing about the “blame America first” crowd? Well, say hello to the “thank America last” crowd.

McCain and Graham “commend” everyone except the United States military, and then, even while applauding the developments, take yet another shot at the Obama administration.

These two just can’t bring themselves put aside petty partisan sniping, even when they’re thrilled by the fall of a dictator.

There’s obviously a legitimate question as to whether the international offensive in Libya was a wise decision. But as the Gaddafi regime crumbles, do the conflict’s two biggest congressional cheerleaders really feel the need to complain, “Yeah, but we’re not happy with the speed with which Obama got the job done”?

Here are three things I’d encourage McCain and Graham to keep in mind. First, complaining about getting the outcome they wanted is just cheap. When the fear of Obama getting some credit for success is stronger than the satisfaction that comes with a tyrant’s fall, there’s a problem.

*snip*

But didn't Republicans vote to defund our support to the Libyan freedom fighters?

But didn't Republicans vote to defund our support to the Libyan freedom fighters?

Besides, all of the Republicans say we are broke! We can't afford to help the people in our own country, so they are all actively working to take those programs away. At the same time, they want to help people in OTHER countries????

usually, when you are thanking people, you dont thank yourselves.

Once again...faux outrage...this time from the left.

Is this the same McCain who wanted to expand US ties to the Qadaffi regime two years ago?

The United States military does not even deserve an acknowledgement from McCain and Graham?

You America-haters can't wait until we collapse, can you?

Your response only deserves the following:

It is not worthy of a response other than a response saying that it is not worthy of a response.

Shocking, isn't it? :lol:

I didn't realize we were supposed to thank our critters for doing the job they get paid to do.

What a bunch of babies.

Shocking, isn't it? :lol:

I didn't realize we were supposed to thank our critters for doing the job they get paid to do.

What a bunch of babies.
So, Seal Team 6 didn't deserve to be congratulated for killing bin Laden? They were just doing the job that's expected of them?

I don't know why you believe in McCain. At least Obama will send you off to war then shoot a round.

John McCain needs a nice apartment someplace with nice name, like 'Serenity Acres',

some comfortable clothes,

and a nice golf cart for his morning drive around the lake.

The Rightwing is fine with disrespecting our troops when it's a Republican doing it.

Not usre if you are accidentally missing the point or intentionally spinning the point.

He was thanking others FROM America....

When one expresses thanks to thers, they do not ALSO thank themselves.

After my time down in the pit during Rescue and Recovery, I thanked my partenrs when speakng at a dinner...I did not also thank myself. I left that for others to do.

The Rightwing is fine with disrespecting our troops when it's a Republican doing it.

Not usre if you are accidentally missing the point or intentionally spinning the point.

After my time down in the pit during Rescue and Recovery, I thanked my partenrs when speakng at a dinner...I did not also thank myself. I left that for others to do.
bush thanks the troops - Google Search

John McCain needs a nice apartment someplace with nice name, like 'Serenity Acres',

some comfortable clothes,

and a nice golf cart for his morning drive around the lake.

he don't want what obama has.. get over it.

bush thanks the troops - Google Search

lol.....

Must you spin? Are you THAT insecure with your position?

He was not there to thank the troops...he was there to thank those that assisted the troops...he was representing America and thanking our "allies"

You just want to spin.

Thats fine...but I suggest you determine why you feel the need to spin. It is usually a sign of weekness.

New Topics

Forum List

Back