The telling comment...

JoeB131

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2011
Chicago, Chicago, that Toddling Town
Was when Romney said about the company that hired illegals to work on his lawn...

"So we went to the company and we said, look, you can’t have any illegals working on our property. I’m running for office, for pete’s sake, we can’t have illegals. "

Seriously?

So it wouldn't have been a big deal if you weren't running for office?

The man just summed up his character in two sentences. Decisions are made based on whether he is running for office, not on those silly notions like "Right and wrong".

Not the kind of man I want making life or death decisions involving our servicemen and women...

"I'm running for office for Pete's Sake, I can't have illegals"

This means that his opposition to hiring illegals has to do with the problems it might cause for his presidential bid and not his concern for the law.

Last edited:
That's Mitt, whatever buys a vote today is the only thng that matters. If he thinks he can get away with something he will do it.

Denver just got a new police chief, Robert White, came from Louisville, Ky....
:cool:
US Illegal Immigrants, Mass Deportations Face New Scrutiny
December 23, 2011 - The U.S. government is currently reviewing orders to deport thousands of illegal immigrants in two cities, at a time of great division on the issue at federal and local levels. In the past fiscal year, a record 396,000 undocumented immigrants were deported from the United States, with more than 300,000 cases still pending.
The port city of Baltimore, Maryland, also known by its nickname “Charm City,” is one of the cities where U.S. federal immigration authorities are trying out new ways in dealing with a large caseload of deportation orders. The other city is high-altitude Denver, Colorado.

Divergent views

In both places, illegal immigrants without violent criminal records may be allowed to stay, while cases against illegal immigrants deemed to have serious criminal records may be expedited. One politician not happy at all with the experiment, which runs until the middle of January, is Maryland House of Delegates Republican Pat McDonough. He recently wrote a newspaper opinion piece saying Baltimore was being turned into what he calls an “amnesty city.” “What this does is it creates a magnet and incentive for people who are in this country without lawful presence to flock to Baltimore. And there are consequences to that,” said McDonough.

Economic issues cited

McDonough says consequences include added costs to provide bilingual services, added pressures on emergency rooms to deal with uninsured illegal immigrants, higher unemployment among legal residents, and threats to public safety. The U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency said it was not conducting interviews on the immigration case review.

In an email statement, it said the U.S. government is trying to focus immigration enforcement resources on those convicted of crimes, recent border crossers and what it called egregious immigration law violators. Pro-immigrant activists have complained too many non-violent illegal immigrants are being deported, in a rush by the agency to boost statistics and receive more funding.

Review and considerations

Immigration laws nor being enforced...
:eusa_eh:
Report: Four in 10 Illegal Aliens Caught by Border Patrol Did Not Face ‘Enforcement With Consequences’ in 2010
January 30, 2012 – Around six out of every 10 illegals apprehended by U.S. Border Patrol in 2010 faced “enforcement with consequences,” according to the Congressional Research Service (CRS).
While a a significant improvement over the situation a decade earlier, this still means that about four in ten illegal aliens caught by USBP did not. “The ratio of aliens facing enforcement with consequences relative to USBP apprehensions increased from 1% in 1999 to 58% in 2010,” stated a January 2012 CRS report, entitled Border Security: Immigration Enforcement Between Ports of Entry.” “The number of immigration-related criminal cases more than tripled between 1999 and 2010 (from 28,764 to 84,388 cases), and USBP removals increased fourteen-fold from 12,867 to 189,653,” the CRS reported.

The report said that “enforcement with consequences” has been “an additional component of DHS’ approach to border control over the last several years.” “Unauthorized aliens apprehended at the border may face federal immigration charges, but historically, most have not been charged with a crime,” it explained. “Historically,” the report said, unauthorized Mexican aliens apprehended at the southwest border were returned with “minimal processing.” In the case of non-Mexicans, apprehended authorized aliens were “allowed to remain at large in the United States pending a formal deportation or removal hearing.”

Since 2005, the CRS said, the Department of Homeland Security – which oversees Customs and Border Protection and CBP’s Border Patrol agency – put in place policies aimed at “raising the costs to migrants of being apprehended to make it more difficult for illegal migrants to reconnect with smugglers following a failed entry attempt, thereby discouraging people who have been apprehended from making subsequent efforts to enter the United States illegally.”

Elements of the “enforcement with consequences” approach include the use of expedited removals – where aliens are removed without having to come before an immigration judge – and the 2005 initiative to end the controversial “catch and release” policy. “Historically, most non-Mexicans apprehended at the border were placed in formal deportation or removal proceedings prior to being returned to their country of origin by airplane,” explained the CRS. “ut backlogs in the immigration court system meant that most such aliens were released on bail or on their own recognizance with an order to reappear at a later date, and many failed to show up for their hearings.”

MORE

That's nothing. I think worse was when he said his sons were doing something more important than serving in Iraq. Which was helping him get elected president.

Or when he explained why he hosed down his dog. That was much worse.

Well thank God the Dems don't do this.

No one ever said they didn’t; but the fact is Romney will return to the same failed policies of previous republican administrations – and bring back the usual suspects from those administrations – that he’ll say anything to get elected isn’t the primary concern - they all do that - it’s what he’ll do once elected.

No one ever said they didn’t; but the fact is Romney will return to the same failed policies of previous republican administrations – and bring back the usual suspects from those administrations – that he’ll say anything to get elected isn’t the primary concern - they all do that - it’s what he’ll do once elected.

First off, whatever Romney will do if elected is definitely not a fact but rather an opinion. I highly doubt he will repeat past repub mistakes, if he does he'll be a one term president. I'll vote against him myself. Butyou seem to forget the power of the Tea Parties, and also the question of keeping a majority in the House and gaining control of the Senate.

I do not know what'll happen in that event, but I'd be quite shocked if our spending wasn't reduced. Bush overspent; I don't see Romney doing that, but it's just my opinion. It'll be quite interesting to see what happens if he has to deal with another recession in his 1st year like Obama did.

It'll also be interesting to see if in the above scenario the lefties call the minority dems obstructionist like they do with the GOP.

Last edited:

First off, whatever Romney will do if elected is definitely not a fact but rather an opinion. I highly doubt he will repeat past repub mistakes, if he does he'll be a one term president. I'll vote against him myself. Butyou seem to forget the power of the Tea Parties, and also the question of keeping a majority in the House and gaining control of the Senate.

I do not know what'll happen in that event, but I'd be quite shocked if our spending wasn't reduced. Bush overspent; I don't see Romney doing that, but it's just my opinion. It'll be quite interesting to see what happens if he has to deal with another recession in his 1st year like Obama did.

It'll also be interesting to see if in the above scenario the lefties call the minority dems obstructionist like they do with the GOP.

Electing Romney will be saying, "The Tea Party doesn't count." Even nominating him will probalby say that, and that's exactly what the GOP establishment wants.

This has always been about crushing the TEA Party.

Forum List

Back