Zone1 The Teaching Profession has a problem

Teachers work very hard for poor pay. They have all of the societal issues dumped on their desk and are more likely to be shot than marines.
You should give thanks that anyone wants to do the job.

They need to be trained to defend themselves, and any parents who snivel about their brats getting their asses beaten or shot sued by the teachers they assault. that sort of crap originates with their asshole parents. They should also be able to sue enablers like you.

Governors can plunder those pension funds at will. George W. Bush did that as Texas Governor, peeled off some excellent real estate in the portfolios and sold it to cronies at a third of its market value at the time.
chain%20link-S.jpg

Teachers work very hard for poor pay. They have all of the societal issues dumped on their desk and are more likely to be shot than marines.
WOW! Something we agree on! Who knew?

I do disagree that they receive poor pay. Not only are they paid well but they know the pay scale before their first day in college with the goal of becoming a teacher.

In my humble opinion, the vast majority of teachers work hard and want to do a good job. I blame teachers' unions and the local school boards for our problems in schools today. Outside influences, unions, and boards have turned our schools into places of indoctrination instead of education.

Until people realize they are nuts, and they get voted off.

The problem with elected school boards is that you have no idea who these people are.

Until one of them beclowns himself trying to put creationism or anti-gay policies on the curriculum, and the courts bitch slap them down.
So you think hard left sexual deviancy and Communism SHOULD be the only "approved" ideologies taught in these indoctrination centers passing off as schools?

We know millions of them don't put up any resistance or complaints when their admins and fellow teachers spread this garbage around, especially the CRT scams..
The level of ignorance about teacher salaries and pensions, and CRT is noted.
Most posters know very little but type like they are all knowing.
You clowns don't know shit.

There is no CRT in my school, I guarantee, I know for a FACT.
So STFU about shit you know nothing about.

As far as pension, I'm plan 3, and will get 31.8% of my salary, because I taught in WA for 31.8 years. There is a formula, but it's too complicated for simpletons to understand, so I simplified it for you.

The level of ignorance about teacher salaries and pensions, and CRT is noted.
Most posters know very little but type like they are all knowing.
You clowns don't know shit.

There is no CRT in my school, I guarantee, I know for a FACT.
So STFU about shit you know nothing about.

As far as pension, I'm plan 3, and will get 31.8% of my salary, because I taught in WA for 31.8 years. There is a formula, but it's too complicated for simpletons to understand, so I simplified it for you.
Meaning you have no clue!

AnimatedLaughterPink-Th.gif

Why don't you quit your job and become a teacher? As far as retirement it would be beneficial if every last worker retired in their early 50s. The wokeness is limited to a tiny minute number of states. It's not an issue.

I really don't like kids.
My mom was a teacher, and she really didn't enjoy it that much

lol rubbish. lol at posting junk from the Williams Institute, Freak liars Central. You groomer fans just aren't used to dealing with educated people who aren't sick in the head like yourselves.

Actually, that's consistent with most findings, that LGBTQ people are about 10% of the population.

The teacher unions need to be slapped into reality. The children belong to the parents. Keep your political agenda out of our schools.

WOW! Something we agree on! Who knew?

I do disagree that they receive poor pay. Not only are they paid well but they know the pay scale before their first day in college with the goal of becoming a teacher.

In my humble opinion, the vast majority of teachers work hard and want to do a good job. I blame teachers' unions and the local school boards for our problems in schools today. Outside influences, unions, and boards have turned our schools into places of indoctrination instead of education.
The pay is poo over here. Graduates can earn a lot more elsewhere,

But the teachers I know didnt get into it for the money. They wanted to teach.

But they are entitled to a decent standard of living.

No one is entitled to anything. Where'd you get that shit?

From what I say, the median income in Great Britain and a high school teacher's salary is the same. Plus, as you know, that is for nine or ten months of the year.

Why do you believe someone is entitled to a "decent standard of living"?

From what I say, the median income in Great Britain and a high school teacher's salary is the same. Plus, as you know, that is for nine or ten months of the year.

Why do you believe someone is entitled to a "decent standard of living"?
People who work hard deserve to live well. The two go together. Are you a commie or something ?

I worked at an elementary school for 6 years, and I keep up-to-date on what's going on in our schools.

Personally, I think teachers are short-changed in the short-term, but overall spoiled in the long-term. They get their pension and recieve nearly full time wages, at the expense of the tax-payer, for the rest of their life. Anyone from the private sector would love to have such lovely retirement. I think teachers wages should be increased, but cut the pension. The Teacher's union is way too strong, and is now extremely political, supporting the Democrat party without attempting to hide it.

However, from what I've observed in the millenial/gen Z group of teachers.. they seem to fall in the "activist" department. They feel its their duty to guide youth in the "correct" direction instead of giving all of the viewpoints objectively. When I taught, I had no problem talking about different issues in history, religious holidays, etc. in a matter-of-fact manner. Yet, what I've noticed is a massive dose of egoism, narcissism, and justification of sharing THEIR "life experiences" with 30 kids under their care, and being an activist in presenting which morals are correct, and which are evil.

Nothing can accentuate this more than the Trans issue in schools. Over time we find out about more and more instances of teachers influencing, encouraging a child's confusion of their gender/sex, and even attempting to hide such issues from parents. This isn't a one-off, it's clear to find across the country. These teachers feel they are performing a duty to harvest and guide a child's innocence towards radical, unhealthy, permanent choices because of their own beliefs, without considering the consequences for their targeted victim.

Much like the left loves to point fingers at the police for having an anti-black culture problem, teachers have an activist problem. They are more and more becoming leftist, child-less activists who don't have children but simply want to influence and indoctrinate yours. It's now common to see verified teachers on social media openly promoting their sharing of their sex life, their lifestyles, and putting LGBTQ flags or BLM flags/symbols in their classrooms. They feel it's important that 30 random kids need to know all about THEIR life.. pure egoism and narcissism.
Full time wages? Where did you get that stupid idea?

In Florida, as a teacher, I could retire at about 40% of my active salary after 30 years. You can retire from the military at 40% after 20 years.

My father retired from General Electric with a lifetime pension from GE and then when he passed my Mom got it. There's a private sector pension for you. My former pastor is a retired police officer/paramedic with a lifetime pension, then e retired as a pastor after another 2o years, My adopted Dad retired from the Navy after 26 years, and then retired from the state of Florida after another 20 years, both are lifetime pensions.

So where did you dig up that bullshit about nearly full-time wages?

Forum List

Back